Rate Dr. Megan H. Cortazzo

Dr. Megan H. Cortazzo's Ratings

Dr. Cortazzo is knowledgeable but she's moody. Some days she cares and pays attention but other days she may barely speak to you. I feel bad for the poor people who work for her. She sees to make them on edge and mistakes are made. I've heard her referred to as a needle jockey. Trigger Point injections were her gold mine until insurance stopped paying for them probably because docs like her abused it. She's terrified of the DEA so even though she gets you on pain meds (she gave me more than I had been on without me asking.) Then she gets nervous and starts to demonized you for taking them. She will find a way to cut you off like the other commenter said above leaving you without care and labeled an addict in the UPMC system. How is that not violating privacy?? Forget that First Do No Harm pledge of the medical profession, she defines doing harm; she creates a worse situation. A desperate one.

Submitted Nov. 4, 2013 | flag

I was honest with this doctor, I have suffered from back problems for the past ten yrs and NO DOCTOR other then an EMERGENCY room physician will help me :( My quality of life is so bad that I dont even want to live anymore :( I cant sleep and I can not function and i have to use crutches sometimes to move around my home and often time Im stuck in my home. I was honest with this doctor about self medicating myself with weed! SHE DIDNT FIND OUT FROM A DRUG TEST, I TOLD HER THATS WHAT I DO SOMETIMES FOR PAIN RELIEF! NOW IM BLACKBALLED IN THE UPMC SYSTEM~! Thanks Dr Cortazzo, Honesty got me NO WHERE! DO NOT EVER TELL THIS DOCTOR THE TRUTH if your truth happens to be like mine! Weed stays in your system for 30 days, I smoked it once this past month, Id probably smoke it everyday if I could afford to just to get some relief from pain, but i cant! Now I cant even go to a UPMC doctor and get any form of pain narcotic :( WOW! Im not some junkie, Im a woman suffering from chronic pain! HELP ME!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2013 | flag

Very good pain doctor, sweet and compassionate. Had an answer for every question and listen thoroughly to my complete medication history.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2009 | flag

I think Dr. Cortazzo is great. She is intellegent and very concerned about her patients. I don't think you can go wrong by choosing her.

Submitted April 15, 2009 | flag

A great doctor should personify a confluence of many things, some concrete and some more abstract. I want someone who is intellectually at the top of their form, instilling a state of peace and confidence in me as the patient. I want to know that they possess an ongoing sense of inquisitiveness and involvement in their specialty, as well as general medicine. A compelling mind without a feeling heart reduces the scope of a physician, particularly if patient is engaging in long term treatment with them. To me, Dr. Cortazzo exemplifies the perfect confluence of this dualism that should be manifest in every doctor. She is brilliant and understanding, determined and unwavering in her efforts to provide the holistic pinnacle of care for her patients. She is the absolute best and most complete doctor I have ever encountered.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2008 | flag

Has no clue what is going on. Horrible experience with her staff and with her. STAY AWAY

Submitted July 23, 2008 | flag