Dr. Ghassan K. Bejjani

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Ghassan K. Bejjani has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Is he a chiari specialist?    Email me    Answer it    See answers

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5574928
23/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bejjani did an excellent job with my surgery. He is very knowledgeable about my condition, the Chiari Malformation, and there have been so many improvements in my health in regard to Chiari symptoms.  Respond

03/06/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.5

21/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ghassan" to "Ghassan K."
RID: 2645580
10/05/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bejjani was the 5th neurosurgeon I saw but the first to diagnose that I had NPH (normal pressure hydrocephalus). It took him less than 5 minutes to diagnose,lay out a plan of action depending on the results from tests he prescribed, and set up all the tests. The results verified the diagnosis. Surgery was scheduled and performed within two weeks to insert a VP shunt. I see him now for continuing adjustments to the shunt and he answers all my questions thoroughly. If you have questions, I strongly advise you to WRITE OUT YOUR QUESTIONS. He will answer them, but he's a very busy man and doesn't have time to chit-chat or to wait if you fumble around as you try to remember what you wanted to ask. You're getting a great doctor, not making a new friend! Be grateful that you've found one who will do everything possible to cure or heal you.
RID: 1856521
06/04/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bejjani is not one of the best surgeons, He is the best. I'm a patient of his who had my c spine operated on he gave me a second chance by doing the most amazing surgery now I'm pain free. Now I need back surgery and he will be the doctor who will do my surgery. Thank you Dr. Bejjani .
RID: 1703137
02/02/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bejjani is a compassionate and knowledgable doctor. He did a very risky surgury on my mother and it allowed her to live five extra years with brain cancer. Dr. Bejjani is exceptional!
RID: 1693111
21/01/12 5 5 5 5 I had three back procedures in 2011 by Dr. Bejjani,it has been 10 weeks no back pain and to think I suffered for almost 10 years. I would recommend him to anyone. THANK YOU!
RID: 1519395
22/08/11 4 5 5 5 Very nice and knowledgeable. The only doctor I've found in Pennsylvania to know anything about my Chiari Malformation. He has a very good bedside manner and will take the time to answer any questions you may have.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1391800
19/03/11 5 5 4 5 Dr. Bejjani is a wonderful doctor. The only NS i have met that is knowledgeable about arnold chiari malformation with lots of experiance with the surgery. I am very comfortable with him and he and his staff are extremely friendly and helpful..  Respond
RID: 1347824
26/01/11 5 4 5 5 Dr. Bejjani helped me when so many other neurosurgeons told me I had problems and to "deal with it". He is a fantastic doctor, a compassionate doctor and person and he is a 'friend". He genuinely cares for his patients !! I owe him many thanks, even after 3 surgeries later, which are not his fault. I adore him and recommend him to EVERYONE. He is my guardian angel...K Papp
RID: 1212258
21/07/10 5 5 5 5 DR. BEJJINI TOOK CARE OF MY 80 YEAR OLD MOTHER LIKE SHE WAS HIS MOM. HIS STAFF IS GREAT,HE IS GREAT. I WOULD TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE. I CANT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HIM. THANKS AGIN DR. BEJJINI  Respond
RID: 1157861
27/04/10 5 5 5 5 Best doctor that I ever had. I had Chiara Malformation Surgery in January 2010. Dr. B's knowledge and information was the best of any doctors that I consulted. Follow-up care was excellant. Staff is very knowledgable and very caring. I had very little after effects from surgery and he explained everything to me prior to the surgery. Dr. B. was there after the surgery for my family and then with me the day after. I would reccommend Dr. Bejjani to anyone and everyone, which I have.
RID: 1054275
10/12/09 3 1 1 3 Mother is in need of a 2 minute procedure to adjust a shunt to control Hydrocephalus. This is done after first obtaining an MRI before the appointment. Bejjani walked in to the room grunted a “hi” to me, whom he had never seen before and proceeded to state: “I do not do adjustments this late in the day, and I have an airplane to catch. You will have to come back next week” It was 11AM and we had been sitting in his waiting room for about 1 hour after the MRI. The office staff should never scheduled this appointment as late as they did and they acknowledged that. The reality of the situation was he was running late and had a plane to catch for the long Thanksgiving weekend. He also flatly refuse her request for pain medications even after she stated she had none nor has had any for quite some time and is in terrible pain. He told her to go see her GP
RID: 944261
22/07/09 4 5 4 5 I needed a surgeon who dealt with a rare disorder and he did. Lacking in bedside manner at times but he makes up for it in surgical skills.
RID: 748772
23/12/08 2 1 1 1 Had lumbar surgery was to do 2 and did 6, no follow-up and pain worse then prior to surgery. Called his office and visited his office once and got no help and no communication/answers. Finally after a month was told to go to ER at Shadyside as he would be there as right side/leg giving out with pain and he would be there, there 5 hours and no show but ER doctor consulted him and repeated that surgeon had no relation to my leg and back pain (why I had surgery) and must have fallen or done something myself and no need for me to see him further as I was fine. I can do nothing and living in pain. It is only been a month since surgery and I am dropped as ER doctor said no need to follow up as surgery and problems now not related. Told to buy a portable type back massager and use 8 times a day for 4 days (had one 2 years and no help) and guaranteed (ER doctor) no more pain. I can't even sit back in a chair let alone use a back massager. This is a nightmare with no help in site.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 646294
22/07/08 5 2 5 5 I went to two other renound hospitals and told that my tumor was not operable and that nothing could/should be done. Dr. Bejjani told me surgery was possible and told me the posssible side affects and encouraged me to make the decision about the surgery. I had the surgery 5 years ago nad i am doing better then I ever expected. Unfortunately, I moved to anoyher state and Dr. Bejjani gave me a referral for follw up andI still know if I need his opinion he would still be there for me. I am forever thankful for his work. I hohgly reccomend him for others looking for another opinion.  Respond
RID: 635198
10/07/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Bejjani is the greatest, very knowledgeable, very caring and understanding.