Rate Dr. Gary Morris

Dr. Gary Morris's Ratings

Dr. Morris has been my rheumatologist for over a decade now. He is responsible for fighting for me to get on the medicine that is allowing me to live a good life and be a mom to my boys. He fought for me to get on these meds when they weren't as well known. He will call you personally with a test result or an answer to a question. I highly recommend him, like has been said he is not going to baby you but will be there to give you the best possible medical care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2732277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 23, 2015

I am very happy that Dr. Morris is my doctor. Thank you for everything

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2718714].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 11, 2015

Excellent! I am very happy that I was reffered to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686795].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I have been a patient of his since 2002. He comes off as a jerks or as uncaring often- especially before you get to know him, however, he is an extremely caring doctor who will treat you as if you were his family (stand up for you, get you the help you need, etc). He comes off as uncaring because he doesn't want anyone to care too much because it can be painful to see his patients (especially as young as I am) so ill and go through so much.... He really does care but sometimes his bedside manners leave a bit to be desired..... Despite that, he's my #1 choice as a rheumatologis!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2500550].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2014

He in uninterested in the patient. I have other health issues that have all arisen since starting current RA treatment. He won't discuss if there's a link, he's very rude when I bring it up. He has the attitude that he knows all and the patient knows nothing. Good luck to anyone who sees him.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2493007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2014

Glad to hear that some folks have been helped by this Dr. but I have to agree with much of the negative feedback: he isn't interested in 'discussing' your situation/care and is very abrupt. No sense of passion of his profession and bedside manner is simply lacking. Put me on some meds and proclaimed us 'finished'...regardless of the long term issues. Getting a referal elsewhere...

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1256637].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I was a patient of Dr. Morris for about 4 years. In each visit he was consistently condescending, he would rush me through, never inquired or seemed to listen to my concerns or problems. I would see him for problems and he would not do a proper evaluation, giving me advice and drugs that turned out to be unnecessary. I would have to find solutions on my own. I always left his office feeling depressed and I would avoid seeing him if at all possible which wasn't always possible.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1256636].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Dr. Morris has been my Rheumatologist for a few years now and was kind enough to take me on right away when my Rheumy at the time left her practice unexpectedly. He is extremely punctual which I appreciate, and yet he is always willing to talk as long as needed, never makes me feel rushed if I have questions. He is personable, I don't know what the complaints are about. He is friendly and kind and you know he cares but he's not the type to be overtly nurturing or hand-holding but I like that about him. I'm not there to be coddled and babied and soothed, I'm there to manage my illness and hear the facts and do what is expected of me to manage my health. He has even called me personally (not had his receptionist do it when that would have been completely acceptable to do so) to let me know poor test results and changes I should make because of the results, or even just to inquire as to how I was managing/feeling. I haven't heard of many docs that do that. I am grateful for his care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1256635].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2011

Dr. Morris has been my doctor for many years. He is attentive, thorough, accommodating and professional. His staff have always been friendly and professional. I am a firm believer in doing one's own research and taking a proactive approach to one's health. No doctor knows my body like I do. Doctors are human and do not know absolutely everything, nor can you expect them to and they cannot read minds. It is up to you to be "in the know" as best you can so that you can make informed decisions with your doctor. I have nothing but positive comments about Dr. Morris and the care he has provided to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1256634].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 19, 2011

As a receptionist I think we need a site to rate the patients. They might be surprised at how we see some of them.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1256633].votes_count ]]