Rate Dr. Erik C. Parker

Dr. Erik C. Parker's Ratings

Erik Parker is an outstanding neurosurgeon. His knowledge and skills are the best. He successfully operated on my husband's bilateral subdural hematomas . You don't have a rating that is high enough for him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2544911].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

excellent neurosurgeon. caring, always concerned for you and your family, never rushes you, has answers for questions, works with my other physicians. has treated me twice in the last 5 years for metastic brain cancer - first tumor surgically removed in 1990. Wish he was around then to take care of me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2010

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr. Parker (& Dr. Lalwani) operated on my acoustic neuroma in January 2010. I have absolutely no complaint about either doctor. Dr. Parker was extremely knowledgeable, he knows it all! He explained everything in detail so I could understand. He is compassionate, dedicated, has a great bedside manner, he is the best there is! I am still going to him for checkups. I highly recommend Dr. Parker for anyone who has the need for a neurosurgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526276].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Dr Parker operated on my spine- discectomy L4-L5 and the operation was very succesful. I am very happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526275].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

Dr. Parker performed a lumbar laminectomy (herniated disks) on me on 7-23-09. As one gets older, the fear of surgery and anesthesia are overwhelming. I cannot stress enough the care and diligence that was shown by Dr. Parker and the incredible job he did on my surgery to ease my back pains and the minimal scarring. Best of all, the pain after the surgery lasted for only three days, at which point I did not need painkillers anymore. The second person in this scenario is Mary Jean. She is Dr. Parker's assistant and receptionist. I have never encountered such compassion and caring from a doctor's office. If all doctor's assistants were as efficient as Mary Jean, there would be less fear of surgeries and more confidence in the medical profession. Having had surgeries before, I have never felt more secure and properly taken care of (from paperwork/hospital admission to surgery) than I did with Dr. Parker and Mary Jean. I'm in debt to them for my pain-free life now. (Signed, David Nounou.)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 22, 2009

Mary Jean Palmer, Dr. Parker's secretary, was so kind and caring and helped to calm my fears about surgery. She returned my phone call within minutes...on a Sunday! Dr. Parker explained everything about my surgery and possible complications in a way that I could understand. He does NOT over-book appointments, so the wait time was minimal. If I ever need neurosurgery again, I would choose Dr. Parker without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526273].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2009

Having a tumor removed from my brain stem on March 4th, 2009, was a frightening experience to go through. However, Dr. Parker made the whole operation bearable. He was friendly, kind, courteous and spent whatever amount of time was needed to answer the questions my husband and I had. I don't wish this experience on anyone, but if it has to happen, Dr. Erik Parker is the one to have do the surgery. He has been thorough and followed through with either phone calls or appointments. Mary Jean, who is his coordinator, was a Godsend. She was extremely patient and kind to us and went above and beyond the requirements of her job. Sitting with my husband while I underwent an MRI was something the both of us will never forget. Dr. Parker and Mary Jean are two people that have made a difference in our lives and restored our faith in the kindness of the human race. We, as adults, tend to get jaded and we were softly reminded that there are still angels on this earth and walking among us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

I had brain shunt surgery but continued to have problems. I was referred to a new Doctor, Dr Erik Parker at NYU, who came highly recommended as an expert in his field. He determined that the shunt was malfuctioning and explained in detail what was necessary to correct the problem. He exhibited thoroughness, patience and a genuine compassion rarely seen these days. He revised the shunt (in the brain) which went very well. Under his care my vision is back to normal and I no longer suffer from the debilitating headaches I was having. I cannot adequately express how I feel about the expert medical treatment I received from Dr Parker, his staff and office personnel. Dr Parker was always easy to reach when needed. He went above and beyond the call of duty. The level of care/treatment I received from him should be the standard strived for by those in the medical profession.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526271].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2009

I have met Dr. Parker 2 years ago , after I had horrific car accident. He was highly recommended by one of my teachers from NYU Dental School and described to me as " the best neurosurgeon there is". I learned over the past 2 years that for Dr. Parker it is not only a job , but it is also his passion and mission. He helped me to take every step on the way to recover. He is always caring and helpful. His kind words helped me to be persistent and kept me going. In 5 weeks I will graduate from NYU Dental School and I realize , that he is a big part of my success.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][526270].votes_count ]]