Rate Dr. Thomas M. Hulsen

Dr. Thomas M. Hulsen's Ratings

I am not submitting a rating but responding to the rating below on 9/17/13. I work in the billing dept for dr hulsen. I always call everyone back and I try my best to work with insurance companies to resolve all claims issue. Although everyone knows when dealing with insurance companies sometimes the individual benefits are less than perfect and claims may be denied for certain reasons. I am a CPC and maintain professionalism at all times. I have worked for him for 15 years. He wouldn't have it any other way!

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

Was glad to see I wasn't the only one who had such a bad experience with Dr. Hulsens staff. I love love Dr. Hulsen. He does not rush you and during the delivery of my daughter made me feel very relaxed and comfortable. Always tried his best to satisfy any questions or concerns. Now his staff on the other hand is a whole different story. I am currently pregnant but have not been released from my specialist yet. I am struggling with whether or I would like to go back to him to due to the poor service I received from his staff. The billing department is rude, that is if you ever get them to call you back. They are not easy to work with when it comes to your insurance etc..and his nurse I feel rushes you on the phone. I really hope someone in his office reads the complaints and does something because I think he's a great doctor who is losing a lot of business because of his staff and they play a major role in your experience with him.

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

I had an appointment at 1:00. I waited until 3:15 before I was even taken into a room. It was 3:45 before a nurse even came into the room. The appointment went fine and he was very nice. A few months later I started receiving calls saying I owed a lab company $120 from that visit. It was just a yearly checkup and I was told my insurance would cover the entire visit, like it usually does. The lab company had been sending the bills to the incorrect address. I wasn't aware I owed them money. I called and was told I owe them $120 for a chlamydia test that I did NOT ask for. I called the office and was told that it wasn't routine, but that it's something they do sometimes. I was NEVER informed this was being done, OR that I would be charged for it. I was told there is nothing they can do and that I'll need to pay it. I am INCREDIBLY upset because of the ridiculous wait and that I'm being charged for something I did not want done. I will NEVER be going back to this office. EVER.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2013 | flag

I went to see Dr. Hulsen as a pre-pregnancy appointment.I loved Dr. Hulsen. He was very helpful and so incredibly nice. He knew the answers to exactly what I wanted to know and I knew right away that he was my doctor. Now on the NEGATIVE side I had an appointment at 4:45 and got there at 4:30. I did not get in to see the him until 7:00. No exaggerating. It took nearly two days for the nurses to call me back for the aformentioned appointment. I decided afterwards that I would give them another chance since i LOVED him so much. SO i called and left a voicemail asking for another appointment and they didnt call back for over two days. I called again and they put me on hold for over 10 minutes. It was just obnoxious. He could really benefit by getting an entire new office staff who doesnt over book and who can take messages properly. I am certain that when I am pregnant, I do not want to deal with this. I have now decided to look elsewhere. :(

Submitted Aug. 29, 2012 | flag

I absolutely adore Dr. Hulsen. It is so nice to find a caring and compassionate dr with whom you can be relaxed with and totally confident. Was absolutely wonderful and supportive during my pregnancy with twins. Love the office staff too!!! Put it to you this way he is stuck with me as a patient for the rest of my life.

Submitted July 13, 2012 | flag

Doctor Hulsen is a fantastic doctor! Very good bed side manners,and a very open and honest doctor.

Submitted June 1, 2012 | flag

Dr.Hulsen is a FANTASTIC, BRILLIANT, doctor. He is so understanding and cares about your well being. He listens to you and DOES NOT rush through any of your appointments. He is polite and respectful and very sincere. He truly cares for his patients and will help you in every way possible to find solutions with any health issues you may have. I love this doctor and highly recommend him to every woman. I thank God for such a wonderful doctor. He has helped me with many health issues and he will not stop to get them resolved. He is a true blessing to have as a doctor.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2011 | flag

I like Dr. Hulsen. He is a great doctor! He is a wonderful listener and is very helpful. What I dislike has nothing to do with the doctor himself. The office rarely answers the phone, you cannot hardly every get a human being on the phone, you get forwarded to answering machines or sit on hold for an hour listening to the same recording over and over, you cannot get anyone to call you back, the nurse really has no idea what's going on with the patients and she is the one who fills out the sick leave forms. Whenever you make your appointment, they take an hour to an hour and a half lunch and usually do not make it back on time. Then you have to wait in the waiting room for 30 minutes to an hour. I am 38 weeks pregnant and everytime you go, you must give them a urine sample. When I have to go, I have to go and so I stood at the window waiting for someone to come and let me give my urine sample early. I stood there for about 25 minutes before I just went. Great doctor! POOR STAFF!

Submitted Nov. 9, 2010 | flag

I love Dr Hulsen. His bedside manners are amazing. He actually made me feel like he was more excited about my pregnancy than my own hubby. He sits down and talks to me and really listens. He's non-judgemental too. My complaints are it's hard to get an appt with him if you really need to see him. Plus, it's impossible to get anyone to call you back. The office charged me $40 to sign two disability forms for maternity leave. Oh and sometimes the wait is crazy. But I know that's out of their control since you can't stop babies from arriving. Great doctor!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2010 | flag

I Love Dr. Hulsen he is such a wonderful doctor. I have had a lot of problems with pregnancies and dr. hulsen has been there for me every time. i trust him with my life and he knows what he is doing. i also travel about 45 min from him and i would never change doctor's. I do have to say that cindy and terri and kathy have been big time help to me. but some of the other girls are in a big time hurry and they just don't listen to you on the phone.

Submitted Oct. 8, 2010 | flag