You may also like

Rate Dr. Jillian Higgs

Dr. Jillian Higgs's Ratings

I have been a patient of dr Higgs for a few years now and I consider her to be an excellent and caring GP. She always makes me feel comfortable and is very kind. However, unfortuntely, when I really need to see dr Higgs I have to go through Jennifer who, no matter what kind of issue it is, sends me to emergency!!!!! Once I went to emergency and they sent me back to my GP whom I could not see because Jennifer would tell me to go to emergency. I landed in Brookside Mall clinic on several occassions when I genuinly had very serious health problems and thank goodness for a doctor who took care of me and sent me immediately for further tests.
I am very, very grateful to have a GP in a province that has huge shortage of doctors. On the other hand if you cannot see your doctor when you need to because of Jennifer's attitude how beneficial is it?
I am very frustrated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2706467].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2015

I couldn't disagree more with all these negative comments. Dr Higgs has been my dr through 2 pregnancies now and she took my blood pressure,checked the heart beat and did my measurements at every appointment. She called and told me to come in whenever I could for another matter that she was concerned about right away when she didn't know I had already seen a specialist at the hospital. They had only forwarded her my ultra sound and she took immediate action. She has been nothing but kind and caring to my whole family and I have never felt rushed. I think she's great!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2689915].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2015

I had Dr. Higgs, in 2013 for my first pregnancy, I was rushed in and out of all my appointments. I saw her every two weeks, because I previously had a miscarriage and was considered high risk. As time went on, around 20 weeks, I told her that my feet we're so swollen that it was cutting off my circulation, she said "oh ,that's normal" she didn't look at my feet. Actually, the only thing she ever did in my appointments was check my BP and the baby's heartbeat. It was only until the day of my 25 week appointment with the OBGYN, that I had a seizure while out shopping, rushed into L&D, only to find out that I had the highest level of pre-eclampsia. I was put on medication, and after I was steady, i went to my first OBGYN appointment where the OBGYN took out a measuring tape and measured my belly, and I asked what are you doing, and the OBGYN look surprised, your family doctor doesn't do this? I said no she doesn't. I let Dr. Higgs go after my son was born, but I made sure to bring him to his first appointment, only to find out Miss jenn, called me and gave me a 12:00 apt, which I thought was extremely weird, so I went and she was like, "oh sorry, your appointment was at 11:00" I said why didn't you call me, she said I did....she never called me. Jenn is by far the rudest person I have met, she is beyond fake, and her voice just irritates me, she is the worst receptionist I have ever met. She uses her fake voice to sound like she cares when she doesn't, I'd love to say what I truly think she is, but it's not worth it, the comment enough explain this receptionist! Get rid of this doctor as soon as you can find a new one. She is the worst!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2686188].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 16, 2015

I really like Doctor Higgs. She doesn't seem to have much time to spend with you and wants you in and out that's for sure, so make sure you know what you want to talk about and you'll be fine. She is very quick to refer you to a specialist or for tests. Yes, she needs to relax and take more time to do simple tests like BP and things like that, hopefully that comes with more experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2685011].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2015

Dr. works short hours so don't expect to see her when you are sick and prepare to bite your tongue when dealing with receptionist.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2663831].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 27, 2014

The receptionist is awful. Just terrible.
Dr Higgs is cold and unhelpful. I guess when you are providing a service with a severe shortage of providers you can get away with a terrible customer experience.
and LOL at the positive comments below - I wonder if they originate from the receptionists computer.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2646117].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 8, 2014

I feel that Dr Higgs is totally inaccessible to me as a patient. How do you get past a rude, curt receptionist like Jenn who guards Dr Higgs like a pitt bull ???? Dr Higgs is awesome when you can get to see her. Jenn plays favorites with patients & I have been told repeatedly that no appointments are available & to go to the emergency room / isn't this an abuse of the ER???? This is a constant problem & is totally unfair & biased / I might as well not have a GP because I never can get an appointment . Good luck to those who have to deal with little Miss pitt Bull Jenn

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2642185].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2014

I had recently found out I was pregnant and referred to Dr. Higgs, seeing as she was the only doctor accepting patients. On my file it says that there is a history of high blood pressure in my family and heart problems. I have been to her twice now and not once has she checked my vitals. I always had my vitals checked even if I was going in to get a referral or to ask a simple question when I went to see my old NP. I also found out I have a heart murmer when I had gone to the hospital and was told that my doctor needs to be aware of this and keep an eye on it. I told her at my next visit and she said "Oh it's fine, I don't need to check that right now." She also said the same thing when I had asked her to check my blood pressure. I shouldn't have to ask my doctor to check my vitals, it should be done automatically as the first thing she does when she comes into the office, also the fact that even after I had asked she still didn't check them, concerns me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][529839].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2012

I strongly disagree with these comments. Everyone has their own opinion but come on... When I first met Dr Higgs, yes I was a bit skeptical as anyone would be with a new doctor, however, I have been with her for 6-7 years now and my opinion of her is that she is a wonderful doctor!! Very knowledgeable, and I am sorry to disagree, but I have never noticed her be in a "rush" like you people say.... And as for her receptionist Jennifer, I don't think I have every met anyone smile as much as her! She is VERY pleasant. And NEVER disorganized. I must say I am shocked at these negative comments. I had gone through a horrible time recently and Dr Higgs was amazing with me!!! So was Jennifer when I would come in for my appointments. Dr Higgs is an amazing doctor and I sure hope patients searching for a doctor, do not take those negative comments to be the gospel. Signed Trisha

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][529838].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2012

It took some time to warm up to Doctor Higgs. Once i did i found her to be extremely kind and caring, She is very willing to listen to any problems and investigate any issues that I had. She doesn't waste time which allows her to be punctual and care for all her patients in a quick and timely manner. I would recommend her to anyone! Her receptionist is also fantastic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][529837].votes_count ]]