Rate Dr. Jillian Higgs

Dr. Jillian Higgs's Ratings

I had recently found out I was pregnant and referred to Dr. Higgs, seeing as she was the only doctor accepting patients. On my file it says that there is a history of high blood pressure in my family and heart problems. I have been to her twice now and not once has she checked my vitals. I always had my vitals checked even if I was going in to get a referral or to ask a simple question when I went to see my old NP. I also found out I have a heart murmer when I had gone to the hospital and was told that my doctor needs to be aware of this and keep an eye on it. I told her at my next visit and she said "Oh it's fine, I don't need to check that right now." She also said the same thing when I had asked her to check my blood pressure. I shouldn't have to ask my doctor to check my vitals, it should be done automatically as the first thing she does when she comes into the office, also the fact that even after I had asked she still didn't check them, concerns me.

Submitted Nov. 17, 2012 | flag

I strongly disagree with these comments. Everyone has their own opinion but come on... When I first met Dr Higgs, yes I was a bit skeptical as anyone would be with a new doctor, however, I have been with her for 6-7 years now and my opinion of her is that she is a wonderful doctor!! Very knowledgeable, and I am sorry to disagree, but I have never noticed her be in a "rush" like you people say.... And as for her receptionist Jennifer, I don't think I have every met anyone smile as much as her! She is VERY pleasant. And NEVER disorganized. I must say I am shocked at these negative comments. I had gone through a horrible time recently and Dr Higgs was amazing with me!!! So was Jennifer when I would come in for my appointments. Dr Higgs is an amazing doctor and I sure hope patients searching for a doctor, do not take those negative comments to be the gospel. Signed Trisha

Submitted Oct. 30, 2012 | flag

It took some time to warm up to Doctor Higgs. Once i did i found her to be extremely kind and caring, She is very willing to listen to any problems and investigate any issues that I had. She doesn't waste time which allows her to be punctual and care for all her patients in a quick and timely manner. I would recommend her to anyone! Her receptionist is also fantastic.

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

Jennifer is of absolutely no help to the patient she gives very short answers and has an extremely bad attitude. Time after time I have had bad experiences.I find both the doctor and receptionist treat you like you are a burden to them.

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

Dr. Higgs is a wonderful doctor, very kind and approachable. I am glad to have her as a family doctor. Her receptionist however is very rude and unprofessional. She scolded me for simply moving to another home and changing my address. She should not be dealing with the public...

Submitted Jan. 5, 2011 | flag

I had to switch doctors because I felt I could not trust Dr. Higgs, let alone her assistant, Jennifer. Although Dr. Higgs is approachable and friendly, she is very rushed and always dismissed my concerns without investigating further. I feel it is only a matter of time before she fails to make a proper diagnosis because of her carefree attitude that will end up in someone paying a high price. She seems knowledgeable, if only she knew how to take the time needed with her patients. As for her assistant, she failed to order three different tests for me while pregnant and blamed me. I had to spend three hours on the phone with her and the hospital to schedule the needed appointments. She is rude and incompetent. She argued with me repeatedly despite being faced with proof she was at fault. She has a "holier-than-thou" attitude that I do not care for. Dr. Higgs should address these issues with her asap! Overall, very disorganized office.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2010 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr Higgs for over two years now. She's caring, knowledgeable and very easy going. A very compassionate doctor. While I myself have had no issues with Jennifer, the receptionist, my girlfriend (when calling on my behalf) found her to be rude and indifferent.

Submitted Oct. 25, 2010 | flag

Fantastic Dr. Very empathetic and helpful. I have never had to wait for my appt and Jennifer has excellent scheduling practices. Being that I work in the health field, I completely trust and respect her advice/diagnosis. I am extremely happy she took my family on as patients.

Submitted Aug. 24, 2010 | flag

I find the office very efficient and on time. Tests sometimes do not get ordered as you are told they would be.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2010 | flag

I think Dr. Higgs is extremely competent, helpful and caring. She has strong opinions on things that relate to family medicine, but I appreciate that. She does keep things going at a brisk pace, but I know if there was anything I really needed to talk to her about, or was worried about, she'd take the time--as she has in the past. She has also called us at home with test results and remembers most of our family's medical history when we go in. Overall, I find her very competent, very likeable and I trust her completely.

Submitted July 15, 2010 | flag