Dr. Alexander J. Swistel

Dr. Alexander J. Swistel

Rate Dr. Alexander J. Swistel

Dr. Alexander J. Swistel's Ratings

Dr Alexander Swistel is my all time favorite doctor. He preformed a lumpectomy on me with the removal of more than 15 nodes. I have no problems with lymphedema due to his stupendous surgical techniques and very little scarring, his incision placement in my axillary area as well as my breast are barely detectable a year later. His kindness, accessibility and abilities are renowned for a good reason. He answered all my questions and was available when I needed help. He had no problem giving me his number and email. That meant so much to me. I was having a very rough time when I went to him and am so grateful for my experience under his care. His bedside manner is phenomenal. He is a gem and I wish more doctors were like him. The staff in his office does a great job with scheduling, call back and check up after surgery. The thing I didn't like was having to walk around in public hallway at the hospital in my pre-surgical gown and slippers before surgery. It felt unsanitary. Otherwise A+++

Submitted Feb. 13, 2014 | flag

Dr. Swistel is an amazing person. I sent him an email and he responded promptly without ever having seen me before. He gave me an appointment an hour before his office hours within 36 hours of my email. He made sure I did not leave the building without a mammography and biopsy being done that day. He called me from home with results and was wonderful as we walked this process together. What is an awful diagnosis was made bearable by this man and his staff. He continues to make sure that patient care is first and foremost. If I have a question or problem he is the one I call. I have recommended family and friends tohim and believe he is the best at what he does.

Submitted July 10, 2013 | flag

He is a wonderful doctor. Caring, extremely knowledgeable. He answers all questions, gives you the time needed and answers his phone off hours if you have questions. Puts you at ease. In addition to being a great surgeon, he understands that women don't want scars (if possible). His technique left no scar whatsoever. And his staff is so helpful.

Submitted Feb. 27, 2013 | flag

He is the best as well as being a professional and caring doctor, while very humble. I went to a few doctors and as soon as I met him it was a no brainer. He takes the time to explain the procedure and makes each patient feel special. Besides saving my life, he works like a plastic surgeon and even other doctors remark about his work. I have recommended him to several people and my mom as well and they all agree. His staff is also wonderful and helpful. He is one in a million! Thank you Dr. Swistel! CG

Submitted Jan. 31, 2013 | flag

Wonderful, compassionate and educated gentleman. I have recommended him to many of my family and friends and will continue to do so. He saved my life with care and dignity!

Submitted Dec. 11, 2012 | flag

If all doctors were as intelligent, skilled and easy to talk to as this one it would be a wonderful world.

Submitted March 9, 2012 | flag

I was recommended to Dr. Swistel by a friend and I'm so glad that I used him. I had a large phyllodes tumor that had recurred and he took his time to ask questions and explain what the options were. He and Dr. Talmor who did the reconstructive surgery were fantastic and I was very happy with outcome. Dr. Sistel has a very nice manner about him and I was impressed that he checked in on me at the hospital making sure I knew what the final outcome of the surgery was and that I was comfortable. Couldn't give a higher recommendation.

Submitted March 5, 2012 | flag

wonderful surgeon and a wonderful person makes you feel like a person and not a thing

Submitted Jan. 16, 2012 | flag

Dr. Swistel came highly recommended and for good reason. After interviewing surgeons, he surpassed all others. I will continue to see him in the future.

Submitted Dec. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr. Swistel is brilliant and with my annual visit to him, I have peace of mind for the next 364 days! My sister died young of breast cancer and after being examined and getting my annual clean bill of health from him, I feel renewed for another year.

Submitted June 17, 2011 | flag