Dr. Lori A. Slezak

Grad. Year: 1995

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Lori A. Slezak has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Colorectal / Proctologist-related: colon surgery, rectal surgery, colitis, colorectal cancer
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5316531
29/03/14 1 5 5 5 She is great! But I agree her staff is somewhat less than friendly. I called because I had some questions after surgery and the nurse kept putting me on hold and coming back with answer when she would not let me finish my statement. Made me feel like I was idiot and considering I have a extensive medical background this was not good. They staff definitely needs some training on listening and empathy. But as I said the doctor is fantastic and the outpatient surgical center was great too!
RID: 3623606
03/12/13 4 5 5 5 I saw Dr. Slezak for a second opinion. It took a few weeks to get my appointment but was well worth the wait. She accurately examined, diagnosed and treated me correctly as my pain and other symptoms have resolved themsleves under her care.I literally wasted 4months being misdiagnosed by two other physicians. I would highly recommend her and intend on doing my colonoscopy with her as well as I turn 50 next year.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $475
RID: 3609792
19/11/13 2 1 1 4 I was in paint and tryed to make an appoinment, had not until February, "four month later"? by then I do not need her.Does not matter to tell someone in her office that I had a surgery with her a few years ago. They recomended to go to emergency
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Lori" to "Lori A."
RID: 2891597
02/10/13 1 1 1 4 I saw Dr Slezak 3 times. She told me I needed surgery but since I was planning to have another child sometime in the next couple years she wouldn't operate. She told me to call her when I was in pain to get a same day appointment but each time I tried they had no openings for weeks. The last time I called I was in extreme-constant pain and they weren't able to fit me in AGAIN the receptionist said it had been 3 months since I saw her last and she couldn't do anything for me. I always felt like I was just a dollar sign to her and it was confirmed. I don't understand how such a cold and uncaring doctor has such great ratings.
RID: 2469518

08/11/12 1 1 1 1 Complete sleazeball of a Doctor. Called for an appointment after being in pain. They stated they had a next day appointment available, so I took it. They asked who is my insurance provider, which I answered and knew they accepted that type of insurance. The receptionist came back on the line and stated, I'm sorry Dr. Slezak's next available appointment is not until three months out. Go eff yourself Dr. Sleaze, you money hungry waste of life!
Insurance: GHI
Respond

10/10/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Surgeon" to "Colorectal / Proctologist"
RID: 2442617
10/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slezak is truly an amazing doctor. She is thorough, caring and highly competent in the field. I have been undergoing treatment after suffering from a fistula complication with another doctor, and she has been able to manage and stabilize the ongoing issues with extreme care and knowledge. Her genuine concern and ability to connect with the patient are truly incredible. Additionally the office staff, along with their prompt scheduling is outstanding. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor...truly one of a kind!
RID: 2093676
30/04/12 5 5 5 5 As one who is not comfortable in a doctor's office, I can say that my experience with Dr. Slezak was all good. She is personal yet professional at the same time; she makes each patient feel extremely important. I have gone as far as recommending Dr. Slezak to several others who have thanked me over and over for the overall great experience they also had. My only regret is that I did not know Dr. Slezak sooner!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1432071
04/05/11 5 5 5 5 You will not find a better Doctor than Dr. Slezak! Feel relaxed and safe in her hands. Thank you for caring so much about your patients.
RID: 1407587
05/04/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Slezak is wonderful and so is her staff. Have no fear going there, you will get excellent care in a professional and comfortable environment.
RID: 1388873
16/03/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Slezak is completely caring, professional and just an all around good person. It was hard for me to maintain some sense of dignity during a rectal exam/evaluation but somehow she managed to do it. She put me at ease and is managing my issue.....the pain has gone away and I'm almost completely healed.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

27/09/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1221775
04/08/10 5 5 5 5 My gyn recommended that I see Dr Slezak because of my family history of colon cancer. I've been putting off my colonoscopy out of fear of bad news I guess. Dr Slezak is absolutely wonderful. I should have had the exam long ago. I will be recommending her to the rest of my family and friends.
RID: 1214965
24/07/10 3 3 1 1 Very bad experience. Her examination of me was extremely painful. Even after that she could not ketermine what was wrong, but was ready to schedule me for surgery anyway. I went elsewhere and the exam was painless and the provider immediately diagnosed the problem and was able to resolve it without surgery.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1144940
07/04/10 5 4 5 5 Will recommend highly, made me feel as if I were a family member, very caring felt comfortable
RID: 1037757
18/11/09 5 5 5 5 I have to Dr. Slezak twice. I like having only one DR in the office. I don't like going to an office thinking I am going to be seen a Doctor and actually end up being seen by a PA or Practioner. Office was extremely caring..
RID: 1019279
27/10/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Slezak has gone back to the way things used to be: one doctor in the office and a small but helpful staff. When you call, you get a person, not voice mail. You can go to her website and read her impressive resume, but what matters most is that, one-on-one she is attentive, thorough and a fine doctor all around. I highly recommend her.
RID: 885208
12/05/09 5 5 5 5 DR. SLEZAK WAS MY SURGEON AFTER A COLONOSCOPY DETECTED A TUMOR, WHICH WAS CANCER. HER STAFF WAS EXTREMELY CARING AND HELPFUL AND SO WAS DR. SLEZAK. I HAVE RECOMMENDED HER TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND THEY ALL FELT THE SAME WAY I DID ABOUT HER AND HER STAFF. WE NEED MORE DOCTORS LIKE HER, THE WORLD WOULD BE A MUCH BETTER PLACE!
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 883790
11/05/09 5 5 5 5 I came to Dr. Slezak after having another doctor give me bad advice which resulted in a nasty infection...I called them up one morning in alot of pain (thanks to the other doctor) and even though they were fully booked (like many other doctors told me that morning without any care or compassion)...they fit me in within two hours of me calling!! Since then, and a few visits later...they have been so sweet and caring and I felt like I was surrounded by family and friends. I moved to Tampa not too long ago, and being in a new place with a lot of pain and not knowing where to go....was hard. I highly recommend Dr. Slezak and her staff.  Respond
RID: 772818
25/01/09 5 5 5 5 Great surgeon. Highly recommended. Caring, helpful, intelligent, and most important good at what she does.
* - Rating left by a registered user