Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler

Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler

Rate Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler

Dr. Brian S. Boxer Wachler's Ratings

I underwent the Ibrite procedure and my eyes are now ruined. They are dry, extremely light sensitive and sore and patchy. Worst experience and follow up care I have ever experienced.

Submitted Aug. 27, 2014 | flag

Don't do it. I am so ashamed of how I look now. I believed everything the doctor said. I have been terrified by what has taken place with my eyes, and now have a condition that cannot be cured. I have never written an opinion before, however believe that it is important for me to tell people what has happened to me. Please do not have the I Brite Surgery or Pinguecula removal from Dr. Boxer Wachler. I wish I could go back in time and change my decision.

Submitted April 9, 2014 | flag

The procedure went well, but was an extremely impersonal experience and seemed as if it was a good way to take advantage of the pockets of their patients.

Submitted Nov. 5, 2013 | flag

After 25 yrs with Keratoconus, I no longer wear RGP lens and all it took was a 3 day visit to Beverly Hills, CA. I’m confident driving again; the traffic signal arrow no longer looks like a solid light; no more triple checking what I think I see. My vision with glasses is now 20/25. My local eye doctors are as pleased as we are and my topography comparisons are impressive. The Boxer Wachler Vision Institute team is so professional and caring, taking the time to explain the testing, procedures and results. It’s like placing your health concerns in the hands of family and knowing everything will be okay. THANK YOU Dr. Brian & Steven Holcomb for sharing your story. M Weber, FL - INTACS & Holcomb C3-R® in April 2013

Submitted Aug. 4, 2013 | flag

I admire Dr. Boxer WACHLER for taking immediate action to help patients with keratoconus. I waited years to save up to be treated by him. Upon seeking treatment I felt the Dr and his staff were about fame and fortune and not the patient. They stopped being nice to me when I started asking hard questions. In addition the Dr was not easily accessible. The nurse liason and receptionist are mainly who you deal with. I thought the Dr would bring in your test results and discuss them. Instead he just comes in without the test results and offers you general advice and tells you someone else will get that information to you. If you live within driving distance of LA then I can suggest you see this Dr. but if you live far away please be prepared that paying more money and seeing this famous Dr will not be a guarantee that you will be treated with candor decency and respect.

Submitted Oct. 6, 2012 | flag

I have keratoconus and 5 different eye doctors ALL told me I needed a cornea transplant. I just knew a transplant wasn't in my future, so one night I researched keratoconus and luckily found Dr. Brian's website. I live outside California and flew to his Beverly Hills clinic. He asked about my expectations since I can't wear those painful hard contact lenses anymore. We decided on Intacs in both eyes and Holcomb C3-R in both eyes too. The results were amazing! Now I can comfortably wear SOFT contact lenses!!! The procedures were not painful at all (I'm a chicken when it comes to even going to the dentist). This was life changing!! Thank you Dr. Brian for inventing these procedures for all of us with keratoconus. None of the other doctors I saw knew much about these procedures since they all said I needed a cornea transplant. I bought Dr. Brian's keratoconus book and mailed it to all the doctors I saw before so they will be more educated on options for future patients.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2011 | flag

As a parent when you see your child lose vision, it's quite devasting. I was feeling helpless and hopeless until I discovered an angel, Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler. After he did a record review of my 16 y.o. son's eye exams here, we both flew from Pennsylvania to Beverly Hills. I had never been to California before, but the staff were so helpful and went out of their way to make us feel like family, from helping with hotel reservations to even providing us with tourist suggestions since we were there for 1 week. Dr. Brian took time review his corneal maps and describing how the kertaconus was causing vision loss. He suggested Holcomb C3-R in both eyes and intacs in the left eye. The procedures were very easy for my son who gets very nervous in doctors offices. His keratoconus has been stable for 6 years now and he wears just soft contacts or glasses (depending if he's doing sports or not). Thank you Dr. Brian and your wonderful staff! I will always keep you in my prayers!

Submitted Aug. 26, 2011 | flag

I have a disease called Keratoconus and it was ruining my life. I had to quit my job because I couldn't see well enough anymore even though my boss was patient. I found Dr. Brian on the internet and he literally gave me my life back with Intacs and Holcomb C3-R.

Submitted Aug. 5, 2011 | flag

This is the worst staff and operation I have ever experienced. Very unhelpful, rude, *impersonal* and unresponsive. For the amount of money and the fact that you must pay out of pocket I would look elsewhere.

Submitted May 4, 2011 | flag

I flew in from NY hoping for help with my keratoconus, I had C3r done in both eyes and custom PRK in one eye the other eye was too far gone for it, they suggested an intac but I opted to wait to see the results. My keratoconus kept progressing, I flew back again for more C3r and PRK, but it is still getting worse, between the price I paid, the air fair 2 x and a place to stay it was very expensive to not get my eyes corrected, I am back in contact with them I don't know if they will be able to do anything for me, plus it would mean another round trip with stay :( and I am not a wealthy person

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag