Rate Dr. Mark V. Sofonio

Dr. Mark V. Sofonio's Ratings

Dr Sofonio fixed a botched face lift and CO2 lazer treatment I had done in Utah. I did not want to go out in public, so I made the trip to Rancho Mirage and Dr Sofonio was honest with me and told me it would take time but we could fix things in segments. My lazer had left a lot of obvious scars and discoloration. After one year, I look like my self again, and I actually look great! I am so grateful that he took such an interest and worked his magic. Just wish I had gone to Dr Sofonio first!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2738926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2015

Both Dr Sofonio and his staff have been very professional, supportive and caring in my experience with them. The Dr operated for a face lift two years ago and was very good with follow-up appointments and readily available to answer any of my concerns even now - well after the surgery. My only negative comment is about the wait for some appointments, but based on the fact that you are not rushed when you see the Dr. it is understandable as every patient gets all the time needed to have their concerns answered. I have definitely passed on his name to friends and would not hesitate to do so again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2713451].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 7, 2015

Free consultation advertising is with his office director, not him. Makes
you sign waiver about rating him on internet. Did not pursue with him so that is my only input.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2707941].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 3, 2015

Both my 25 year-old silicone breast implants had ruptured, one of which had been leaking for several years and extremely encapsulated. After discussing my options in detail with Dr. Sofonio, both implants were removed, and the encapsulated lumps removed and biopsed, new silicone implants were placed and both breasts lifted. I can't believe the difference. Dr. Sofonio was very knowledgeable and caring, even calling me at home post surgery to check on my condition. His staff was also great. I would recommend Dr. Sofonio for any of his many treatments, and have friends who have been to him and also think highly of him. Thank you for giving me my shape back.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2679620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 11, 2015

Surgery to remove 20-year-old leaking breast implants. I chose to not replace them, and Dr. Sofonio performed a breast lift and relocated the nipples and I am one very happy camper with my much more youthful and more reasonably-sized breasts. Dr Sofonio was very helpful and courteous and knowledgeable. I would recommend him anytime and to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Excellent doctor and staff. I had CO2 lazer on my face, plus my upper and lower eyelids surgically improved (removed the "hoods" on my upper eye lids). After procedure, I had a few complications (or nervousness and I called the doctor late on a Saturday night. He spoke to me directly, called in an order to my 24-hour pharmacist and called me back the next day (Sunday) to see if I was okay. Dr. Sofonio's CO2 lazer procedure is guaranteed FOR LIFE. So, if in a few years (or months) I want a little "touch up" done for age spots or brown spots, it's free. In fact, I did want a few minor things touched up after my CO2 lazer and he gave them to me free--they were a different procedure that another doctor would surely have charge me for. His staff are excellent -- knowledgeable, sincere about our concerns, etc. And, I LOOK GREAT!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2014

Doctor Sofonio and his whole staff are very professional and care very much for the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2013

Sofonio & staff are expert in patient care. Having 'interviewed' other cosmetic surgeons for same procedure, Sofonio is the only one who spent over 45 min explaining the risks/benefits of the various methods at his disposal. He told me out-right he would never perform a full facelift under general anesthesia given my clotting condition & the fact that the last time I was under general anesthetic I developed life-threatening pulmonary embolisms. The other physicians were given the exact medical history, medications, past surgeries/complications, etc. yet only Sofonio refused to do the procedure I had come to him for, because he felt the risk of pulmonary clotting was too great. He & his staff performed three relatively non-invasive separate procedures all done under local anesthesia. Sofonio personally called me at least 4 times over the course of the weekend to check in re any complications--there were none, & now, 6 months later, I am extremely happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Sofonio office for fillers. The first visit John did the injections and I waited a couple of days and there was no improvement at all. Called and went back in John then told me that I needed a face lift which I had mention that to him on my first visit. He was really rude then put his fingers in my month and squeezed so hard it hurt for hours after but still no change. Call and complained again then they told me to come back in and Dr. Sofonio gave me another injection but still did not use the filler I wanted. I am still very upset the way I was treated and left his office in tears never got what I made the appointment for . This was a very bad experience and would not recommend him to anybody else. I felt like a got robbed from them and that they do not listen to their patience or care about them. If you don't mind wasting you money with no results he's the doctor for you.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][533339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Sofonio gave me back 30 years! After going through 2-1/2 years of cancer treatments, my body still look alright, but my face had registered the toll of chemo therapy treatments and several surgeries. Dr. Sofonio did a facelift, a mid-facelift, and a CO2 laser treatment on me. The results have been simply amazing. Every one who knows me has commented favorably on my new look, and the people who don't know me do a double take and smile. These results, together with the promise of future FREE laser treatments, allow me to fully and completely recommend the superb abilities of this physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533333].votes_count ]]