Rate Dr. Mark V. Sofonio

Dr. Mark V. Sofonio's Ratings

Surgery to remove 20-year-old leaking breast implants. I chose to not replace them, and Dr. Sofonio performed a breast lift and relocated the nipples and I am one very happy camper with my much more youthful and more reasonably-sized breasts. Dr Sofonio was very helpful and courteous and knowledgeable. I would recommend him anytime and to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513428].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Excellent doctor and staff. I had CO2 lazer on my face, plus my upper and lower eyelids surgically improved (removed the "hoods" on my upper eye lids). After procedure, I had a few complications (or nervousness and I called the doctor late on a Saturday night. He spoke to me directly, called in an order to my 24-hour pharmacist and called me back the next day (Sunday) to see if I was okay. Dr. Sofonio's CO2 lazer procedure is guaranteed FOR LIFE. So, if in a few years (or months) I want a little "touch up" done for age spots or brown spots, it's free. In fact, I did want a few minor things touched up after my CO2 lazer and he gave them to me free--they were a different procedure that another doctor would surely have charge me for. His staff are excellent -- knowledgeable, sincere about our concerns, etc. And, I LOOK GREAT!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533336].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 19, 2014

Doctor Sofonio and his whole staff are very professional and care very much for the patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533335].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 25, 2013

Sofonio & staff are expert in patient care. Having 'interviewed' other cosmetic surgeons for same procedure, Sofonio is the only one who spent over 45 min explaining the risks/benefits of the various methods at his disposal. He told me out-right he would never perform a full facelift under general anesthesia given my clotting condition & the fact that the last time I was under general anesthetic I developed life-threatening pulmonary embolisms. The other physicians were given the exact medical history, medications, past surgeries/complications, etc. yet only Sofonio refused to do the procedure I had come to him for, because he felt the risk of pulmonary clotting was too great. He & his staff performed three relatively non-invasive separate procedures all done under local anesthesia. Sofonio personally called me at least 4 times over the course of the weekend to check in re any complications--there were none, & now, 6 months later, I am extremely happy with the results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533334].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2013

I went to Dr. Sofonio office for fillers. The first visit John did the injections and I waited a couple of days and there was no improvement at all. Called and went back in John then told me that I needed a face lift which I had mention that to him on my first visit. He was really rude then put his fingers in my month and squeezed so hard it hurt for hours after but still no change. Call and complained again then they told me to come back in and Dr. Sofonio gave me another injection but still did not use the filler I wanted. I am still very upset the way I was treated and left his office in tears never got what I made the appointment for . This was a very bad experience and would not recommend him to anybody else. I felt like a got robbed from them and that they do not listen to their patience or care about them. If you don't mind wasting you money with no results he's the doctor for you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 24, 2013

Dr. Sofonio gave me back 30 years! After going through 2-1/2 years of cancer treatments, my body still look alright, but my face had registered the toll of chemo therapy treatments and several surgeries. Dr. Sofonio did a facelift, a mid-facelift, and a CO2 laser treatment on me. The results have been simply amazing. Every one who knows me has commented favorably on my new look, and the people who don't know me do a double take and smile. These results, together with the promise of future FREE laser treatments, allow me to fully and completely recommend the superb abilities of this physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533333].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2013

Dr. Sofonio was wonderful! A very professional job-I look 15 years younger and if you did not know me, you would never know I had work done. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533332].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

i have only been to maria and john for botox and fillers. after having a very exspensive "liquid" facelift somewhere else i decided to change injectors. john and maria are both great at what they do and the price is half of what the other place charges. i have been going to them for over a year now and always feel comfortable and well taken care of.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533331].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Office staff is great, very professional. Went to Sofonio because I know he is the best in the valley. He fixed a disfiguring procedure by another doctor. To anyone out there considering a procedure, always go Board Certified. Dr. Sofonio is a perfectionist. His work is amazing and he is incredibly honest as to what your expectations should be. In his seminars he talks about making sure you are happy with results and does work with you to help with scars especially, at no charge. The last doctor I went to hundred dollared me to an extra thousand for treatments, which didn't work. Dr Sofonios quote was all inclusive . As far as "bedside" manner, he is professional, realistic, and yes busy. Would you rather have someone schmooz you and do a lousy job, or get the best?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533330].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

I had my upper eyes done at Dr. Sofonio's office and they turned out great. People tell me i look 10 years younger and look really good. The people I have not told that I did this procedure, say wow you look great but can't tell I had a surgery. They just think I am well rested. I would highly recommend this doctor to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533329].votes_count ]]