Rate Dr. Fred Mather

Dr. Fred Mather's Ratings

I've been a patient of Dr. Mathers for over 20 years and I must say that I am very surprised to see some of these ridiculous comments and accusations of misconduct. Dr Mather is a good man and an excellent doctor. He has done a lot for me especially a few years ago, he has empathy and compasion for his patients, he may not show it but that's because that is his job. He may look up medications online but it is because medications are constantly changing and he wants to find the best possible solution. Every doctor office has a problem with being on time for appointments, but it is not their fault that they have thousands of patients to deal with. Their is obviously a doctor shortage because the Ontario gov doesn't pay them what they deserve. I commend Dr Mather for being the man he is and the excellent doctor that he is. People are narrow minded and don't look at the bigger picture. Dr Mather has always done a great job for me and I think people need should give him credit not condem him

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

Dr Mather and his team have always treated me and my growing family wonderfully. As a family doctor he is knowledgeable, provides specialist referrals as required and medicates only when necessary. Many people abuse our health care system, my visits to the doctor are minimal, only a couple of times per year ( it's only this high b/c of the kids) Dr Mather has been my physician since I was a young child, I have nothing but respect for the man! I appreciate the level of care he has provided me and my boys!

Submitted Sept. 24, 2012 | flag

Submitted July 12, 2012 | flag

Dr. Mather has changed every medication that has 'worked' for her for years. She's in long term care, has no short term memory and has been declared incompetent to live alone or make decisions. As her Power of Attorney these changes ought to be discussed with me before they are made. I am looking into a law suit since my Mother was taken to hospital and her odd behaviour/symptoms were explained by me to ER staff AFTER I looked at his latest change to her medication. UNBELIEVABLE!!! Dr. Mather doesn't listen to me or to the nurse's at the nursing home. God knows why he makes decisions that do harm to his patients. I will get to the bottom of this one way or another. Perhaps a complaint to the College of Physicians and Surgeons would wake him up.

Submitted May 21, 2012 | flag

I was shocked to see some of these comments. Dr Mather has been my Dr since he started his practice on Union St. He has always been helpful and friendly with my children since they were born and they are teenagers now. He always asks my son about his hockey or racing. He even went so far as to make a house call on a Sunday when my husband was suffering from H1N1 a couple years ago. He would also call us to check in and see how we are doing on more than one occasion. His staff are friendly and helpful as well. Thank you for caring for my family and going over and above what most Drs will do.!Kim V

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

I had to see Dr. Mather for my daughter and it took him about 20 mins with going online to determine what medication to give her. I then took the perscription to the pharmacist and he was unable to fill it as he said it was the wrong dose and this would harm her. UNBELIEVABLE Thank goodness that pharmacist knew what he was doing - he could have seriously harmed my already very sick daugther. Had to go to another doctor to get the right medication. WOULD NOT recommend. I can use the internet too, does that mean I can perscribe drugs? Stay away.

Submitted May 6, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Mather for a number of years but it is definitely getting annoying. His solution to my problems seems to be "come see me in 3 weeks." Everytime I tell him I would like to see a specialist, he tells me there is no need. I have been going to him with the same issue for a few years now yet he still insists nothing is wrong. It's sad that a walk-in clinic does more for me than him.

Submitted May 3, 2011 | flag

I have had Dr. Mather as a family physician for almost 20 years and I must agree that Dr. Mather lacks the social skills to display any empathy. The wait times are rediculous and his staff are the perfect candidates for the eugenics program. Perhaps this critical review of his practice can be helpful to him.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2010 | flag

Dr. Mather himself is a reasonably competent doctor, but it is virtually impossible to get into see him. His staff's response is often "call Telehealth after 5:00pm and get them to refer you to the evening on call doctor." I eventually had to find someone else. In general, because of the doctor shortage in KW and the new lump sum funding through the Family Health Network, there's no impetus on doctors or their offices to try to actually see patients.

Submitted July 12, 2010 | flag

I've never seen such incompetence over the several years I've HAD to see him (since there's no access to doctors in KW). He prescribes drugs without asking questions, does NOT refer to specialists (even when he says he will), he walks out the door before you've even finished asking a question. I have underlying conditions that NEVER get any attention, serious symptoms that get ignored. I shouldn't have to feel like I have to do my own research due to his lack of thoroughness, etc. I feel like I get "humoured" in his office and that's about it. I feel ignored, mistreated and scared about the lack of health care I seem to be receiving on a very regular basis.

Submitted July 6, 2010 | flag