Rate Dr. Colleen Feltmate

Dr. Colleen Feltmate's Ratings

Would not recommend this doctor Feltmate...cold and condescending person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2584051].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 19, 2014

Not recommended. Technically proficient as a surgeon but awful bedside manner. Gave a completely unclear and incorrect post=op. Made me leave the hospital before I was ready. Never told me crucial aspects of what happened during surgery. Dana Farber is like a factory. Look elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2533695].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

Higly capable. Technical skill is very competent. Performed a very successful laparoscopic surgery for treating ovarian cysts. Highly recommended. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533562].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 16, 2011

Dr. Feltmate is absolutelty wonderful. She is very polite and talked to me and not the person I brought with me. she has a supberb bedside manner! She explained everything from beginning to end and made sure I knew exactly what was going on, what I had and what she was going to do in surgery. I understood everything and she answered every question I had with an answer which I understood everything. I loved the fact that I was totally informed and knew exactly what I had, how it happened and what was going to happen from that day forward. Dr. Feltmate is an awesome person and doctor. I highly recommended and recommend her to everyone that needed an oncologist in her field of oncology.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 29, 2010

She's very knowledgeable and I would absolutely trust her treatment recommendations. However, I found her rather condescending and difficult to talk to (perhaps because I am younger than most of her patients?). When I asked questions, she gave me very vague answers, which made me feel like she was brushing them off. I do believe she knows what she's doing, but I did not feel comfortable having an oncologist who did not take my concerns seriously.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533560].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

Dr Feltmate was great and so is her team. She is clearly a very very skilled surgeon with a whole range of skills in her arsenal. I had 2 procedures, a D&C and a laproscopic hysterectomy. both went fine and I had very little recovery - I can just barely see one of the 2 tiny scars produced by the very minimally invasive surgery. The hardest part of my surgery was waiting for it to begin. I went home less than 24 hrs and was ready after 12. The team at Dana Farber is also very excellent, things worked like clockwork and I actually sort of miss going there. They provide you with all the support you need, physical, logistical and emotional. They even have snacks!It was so refreshing to be able to work with a team of extremely seasoned pros headed up by this warm friendly self assured woman.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533559].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2009

Easy to talk to. Knowledgeable. A patient doctor and nice person. She did not make us feel rushed during my appointments or with questions before and after surgery. My surgery went well. I originally made an appointment with Dr.Feltmate because of her experience in performing robotic assisted hysterectomies. She advised that it was not needed in my case. I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy for early stage endometrial cancer. It was the only treatment I needed. There was very minimal amount of pain. I did not need anything stronger than a few tylenols after the first day.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Feltmate is the perfect combination of highly accomplished and regular person. She speaks directly and honestly without attitude. I was impressed that she was one of the very first people to perform robotic laparoscopic gyn surgery, although she did not use it for me as she felt it did not add benefit in my case. I liked that she considered my situation specifically. She was really compassionate in helping me work through the process of learning about my condition (endometrial cancer) and coming to grips with what needed to be done. She was clear about her opinions and gave me the space to accomplish my treatment in the best way for me. I also got exceptional support at Dana Farber even though my disease was very very early I was served by a united team. This was monumental for me and surely explains my remarkable recovery. I recommend her without hesitiation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2009

Very patient, great at answering questions. Performed a very successful laparoscopic surgery for uterine cancer. Engaged and patient in the pre- and post-op question session, and showed up to the recovery room personally. Warm and easy to talk to. Does not come up personally after operations but chooses to use the phone, which was fine for us, especially since she made a personal visit during recovery. Highly recommended.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][533556].votes_count ]]