Dr. Ania I. Kowalik

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Ania I. Kowalik has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3648387
05/01/14 5 5 5 5 I came to Dr. Kowalick after a failed IVF cycle at another clinic. While she didn't sugar coat anything, she was sensitive about my concerns. She was honest about my chances given my age. When she looked at how my previous cycle went, she could see the protocol wasn't right for me. So she put me on a different protocol.I had better results. She knows her stuff! She understands the difference between quality vs. quantity. Her expertise is exceptional. Her bedside manner is memorable because of how sensitive she was with my concerns. I mean she actually me called me personally to make sure I understood and was comfortable with everything. Before coming to her, I didn't know someone could be treated so well by a doctor. Her partners were also helpful. The FSNE embryology lab with Director Michael Lee gave it their all for my case. FSNE is a high caliber team who really wants to see it happen for you. I highly recommend them!!!  Respond
RID: 3596906
05/11/13 5 5 5 5 Staff is great, professional and tries to put your mind at ease. Nurses respond quickly to calls. I have had to page the Dr on call and that MD called Dr Kowalik for me to double check something and Dr Kowalik herself "not on call" called me back within 30 minutes at 7pm! Both MD's were very pleasant and said "please call back any time if you have questions, we are all in this together and good luck!" Really I can not believe that paging a MD on call would ever be that nice:) Dr. Kowalik thinks outside the box and does not follow a cookie cutter program for everyone. From my very first visit I felt like she really listened and that I was a person and not a number. A+++
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ania" to "Ania I."
RID: 2914090
15/10/13 1 4 1 3 She just doesn't care about her patients, but the money! She is not compassionate,b ut. I can tell because I tried her for my treatment for over 2 years, then I realized that was not worth the money!!!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 2586054
15/03/13 2 4 2 3 Been with fertility solutions for 7 months, saw dr kowalik only twice. Initial consultation& treatment plan. Very brief and not tailor to my issue. Have to suggest my procedures/treatment plans (why the heck am I seeing her). The staff are extremely rude. I called to ask nurse regarding results, was told by the receptionist both nurses are extremely busy,and will call me when they have time. I suggested I will call back, the receptionist after speaking to someone told me to call back at 4:30p. Hmmm...the clinic closes at 4:00p!!!! Which I found out when their answering service pick up. Terrible terrible.....
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $2000
RID: 2566052
20/02/13 5 5 5 5 I love Dr. Kowalik and the other doctors in her office. I went through a lot of tests in the beginning after 4.5 years of not getting pregnant. My first IUI was a success, however it ended at 8 weeks. The loss was horrible, however, she was the first person I wanted to go see after the D&C to get started again. I think she is kind, warm, and caring. She is doing everything she can to find out what happened and to make sure it doesn't happen again. She brings hope and promise to my world, I just wish she could be my doctor through my whole pregnancy!
RID: 2527443
10/01/13 1 1 1 1 Unprofessional, cold, rude, would not call back, gave wrong information regarding medications, gave wrong information regarding procedures was billing both insurance and me personally, find another group of doctors! do not waste your time here....  Respond
RID: 2512735

26/12/12 1 1 1 2 I never finished my treatments my laposcopy surgery went wrong and the staff was hesitant to give me my medical records while Dr. Ania Kowalik was pushing me to go forward when the fibriod i went in for to get removed was never removed and Im still having issue's two years later!
See Responses
RID: 1500565
31/07/11 5 5 5 5 I am using Dr. Kowalik for the second time after one successful IVF with her. She is fantastic as are all the doctors in her practice. I find her smart, helpful, and supportive and I never feel rushed.
RID: 1437974
11/05/11 5 5 5 5 Great doctor: thorough check-ups and informative meetings. Always punctual and considerate. Office is very friendly. Client portal online is fantastic.
RID: 1437072
10/05/11 4 5 5 5 I have PCOS and Dr Kowalik started us out on IUI. The first cycle I only had 1 egg and it did not work, the second cycle I had 3 eggs and it worked! I am 40 years old and now have a 1 year old healthy baby boy. I am meeting with Dr. Kowalik in 2 weeks (at almost 42 years old) to talk about having our second child. I trust no other. She is sincere and I trust her 100%  Respond
RID: 1339313
18/01/11 5 5 1 1 Dr Kowalik did very well presenting herself, and seemed knowledgeable but I have to say she is not one you should go to if your infertility is "unexplained!" She put us in the unexplained infertility category, did 2 IUI treatments with her, didn't change much from protocol to protocol and it was getting discouraging! She up and left RSC and went to another practice so I swtiched to Boston IVF, and during our first consultation, within 5 minutes of talking to Dr Brian Berger, he nailed me with PCOS! We did the testing, put me on Metformin and I am in the middle of my first IVF with the best of best response! 16 eggs, all grade 3 which is the best of the best! SOO thanksful my prayers were answered to find him and that Dr Kowalik left the practice because I KNOW, we still would not have a clue of what was going on!
RID: 1243973
04/09/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Ania Kowalik is the most important person in our life.we are so depressed with out kids for many years.when we met her for first time.she haves us hope in our life.after 2 cycles of ivf , I was stressed out and and emotional.but she told me to take a break and come again,but I don't want to givae a gap. But she changed my medicines and followed new protocol. Which she brought a new joy in our life.I never dreamt that this would happen in our life.thanks to dr kowalik.I am very much thankful to her through my life.now my better half is very very happiest person in the world.I recommend her, she ism the best doctor in us.
RID: 1188316
12/06/10 5 5 5 5 Ania Kowalik pays attention. From the first appointment when she greeted us in the waiting area, through unsuccessful IVF and then into a successful pregnancy, Dr. Kowalik was knowledgeable, kind but also realistic and flexible. I read the other reviews that questioned her warmth, and I respectfully disagree. Dr. Kowalik treated us as equals, and as she laid out the treatment options, she worked with us to create a plan that worked for us. I would recommend her to friends and family.
RID: 1107521
16/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Kowalik and her team are great - she knows what she is doing and listens to the patient. We got pregnant on our first treatment. Sue her nurse is very good also!!
RID: 962251
13/08/09 3 2 2 2 Kowalik is reactive rather than proactive. She fails to think outside of the box and tends to do the same protocol over and over, inspite of no success. I wanted to like her, but she seems to lack warmth needed for someone dealing with people whose lives have been decimated by infertility. Sensitivity chip missing...
RID: 910189
10/06/09 4 4 5 5 I find Dr Kowalik to be not only very knowledgeable about research and treatment protocols in infertility, but also very warm and caring. She always answers my questions (and I have lots of them), and her nursing staff is attentive. I also feel that she spends a good portion of time with me during appts; she doesn't try to rush me out of her office. I feel like she cares about me and my situation, and truly wants to help me get pregnant. Although I haven't achieved pregnancy yet, I feel comfortable and confident with her as my doctor. My one issue is with RSC: I wish that my doctor would be the one performing all my IVF procedures, instead of them having a rotating schedule.
RID: 720255
11/11/08 4 5 5 5 I found Dr. Kowalik very knowledgeable, and was impressed with her approach to our infertility. Each cycle, she looked at what occurred, and made changes based on what happened (or didn't happen). At our age, it may not be possible to get pregnant, but she really has and is doing everything she can to try to ensure it happens. I feel very fortunate to have her as my RE.
RID: 631977
07/07/08 4 1 1 1 I chose Dr. Kowalik because her bio stated that endometriosis was one of her "specialties". I had every possible symptom of this disease, and when I sat down and politely told her that I thought I had it, she smugly smiled, shook her head and said "No you don't." She went on to say, "Perhaps your mind is hard-wired in such a way that you perceive the pain as being worse than it is". I asked "If it is all in my head, why am I loosing consciousness and vomiting?" Again, a smug smile and head shake. She was extremely condescending, not at all helpful, impatient, and not at all an 'expert' in endometriosis. Six months later I was diagnosed by a different doctor with severe endometriosis...it completely covered all my pelvic organs which were glued together with adhesions.
Paid (or co-pay): $20