Rate Dr. Scott L. Havsy

Dr. Scott L. Havsy's Ratings

Fantastic doctor with a vast knowledge in pain management. I couldn't ask for a better person to understand where the patient is coming from. He actually listens and chooses the best treatment modality. I would highly recommend this doctor for all your painful needs. Be prepared to talk in depth about your medical condition, he's very intelligent and it shows. Thanks for helping me live my life.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

Dr Havsy has been my attending physician on an L&I claim for almost 2 years. And although we havent always seen eye to eye he has been the only doctor involved in my case that has been honest and straight forward with me. If it wasnt for Dr. Havsy I dont know where I would be. He has been right about every diagnosis he has made when some of the best surgeons couldnt get it right. If your just looking for an unlimited supply of pain meds look elsewhere. Doc can be brash and I suppose come across as arrogant at times. But I like his approach and you always know where you stand. I would recomend him to anyone needing a specialist in his field.

Submitted July 30, 2012 | flag

doctor Havsy is an amazing doctor, He is one of the few that acutaly listens and helps, so far and few anymore he is truly apericated..

Submitted May 31, 2012 | flag

Dr Hasvy is very knowledgeable and resourceful in pain management. My neck has 3 bad discs. He sent me to receive nerve blocks. He tracks medication usage , and practices detailed drug testing and requires bringing in meds every month to receive a refill. This is admirable considering the people who abuse drugs. His quality medical reporting has been beneficial to my attorneys as well as being treated by him. I recommend Dr. Hasvy to anyone in pain serious about wanting to receive the best quality care. I currently have pain but is very managable with his treatment. I enjoy the office staff prompt in answering the phones, setting appointments and placing me in a room.

Submitted April 29, 2012 | flag

Even with a busy practice like Dr Havsy has, he still took the time to sit down with me and go over symptoms, medicine, and how to get me better and pain free. He is quite knowledgable and at the end we had a plan and he even put the wheels in motion. I can't thank him enough. As I said he is very busy and you must follow his directions. If you do you will get better. If you are just looking for drugs go someplace else as he will make you document all narcotics, just so you know.

Submitted March 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Havsy is a self employed hard working MD with a lot of real life medical experience and expertise. He spends a good amount of time with me in the exam room and really goes to bat for me when I get the inevitable denials for medical treatments, goods or services from my sometimes less than caring insurance providers. There is a difference between the independant MD's and the HMO and group Doctors...caring or at least having the time to care. PS WARNING: Disregard the drug addicted ex-patients and want-to-be patients who were denied RX's for recreational use who use this forum for mindless bitter retaliations.

Submitted Nov. 30, 2011 | flag

I can remember sitting in Dr. Havsy’s office almost in tears at my first appointment a year ago. As I explained what was happening, he began reviewing the medical reports I provided. All of a sudden he looked up and said you have “Reflexive Sympathetic Dystrophy”. I had never heard of this condition before, but as I listened, I realized Dr. Havsy hit it right on the nose. For the first time in years a doctor actually took the time to listen, too understand, and too look at the “Big Picture” instead of simply treating the immediate symptoms. My outlook has changed considerably thanks to him and I am now able to spend more quality time with my son and family. Dr. Havsy has literally saved my life. To call him a “World Class Physician” is an understatement. Furthermore, he is a caring and compassionate doctor who is truly concerned about his patient’s welfare, however he expects you to work as hard as he does. J.W

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

Having had 4 low-back surgeries since 1984, I have endured and seen my share. I began seeing Dr. Havsy aprox. a year ago, and my first experience there found him going out of his way to help me. I was in serious distress, and he made concessions seeing me as soon as possible with no formal apt. I was there on a very busy day and he "worked" me in and had me out within a few hours. (this included a comprehensive inital exam). I was very impressed, and grateful that he went to all that trouble. Dr. Havsy is for me anway, one of the most knowledgable and experienced physicians I have seen to date. I think Dr. Havsy strives to keep his practice efficient in order to provide the best of all of the "rating" factors listed above. Because of this, I have confidence knowing I am well taken care of. I also appreciate that his office is no "candy" store. My meds are closely monitored and I think this weeds out the "seekers", so those that need and deserve Dr. Havsys' help.......GET IT..!! MDS

Submitted Sept. 28, 2011 | flag

Dr. Havsy has been my doctor for over 20 years. He is very good at what he does as well as doing what he says. I actually had a long break between seeing him and I made a special attempt to find him again when my problems came back. His professionalism is unsurpassed. I have and would recommend him again!!!! Thank you Scott for your hard work!!

Submitted July 29, 2011 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Havsy. I have been to dozens of doctors over the decades but he did such a thorough job of testing me that he was able to diagnose & treat me better than I've ever been cared for. It is a lifelong process, to decrease pain & keep it a bay, but Dr. Havsy was able to decrease my pain by 1/2 in a few, short months. I am very pleased with the results, after doing everything he told me to do (you gotta do the work!, ie; testing, counseling, physical therapy), I am finally enjoying life again. i always leave his office smiling.

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag