Dr. R. John Hurlbert

5 1 3.9

You may also like

Rate Dr. R. John Hurlbert

Dr. R. John Hurlbert's Ratings

Dr. Hurlbert got my friend in for a disc replacement within a few months because he was an x-CFL player (Queue Jumping is not legal in Alberta). During that surgery Dr. Hurlbert tore the person's vocal cords in the process. He could not speak for a long time and still doesn't sound right after a year. I am still waiting for a call from my referral over 3 years ago. My referring Dr. told me to call in to tell them that my symptoms were getting much worse. His rude receptionist could not find my file and told me not to call back. They would call me, she said. I ended up selling my house to pay for the 4 level disc replacement in Germany, I was in so much pain, I could not wait any longer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2854920].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

He is amazing. The whole team was very knowledgeable and definitly one of the best. With my situation I had no choice but surgery and I did not knew anything about him nothing but trusting him but i heard so much about him and I must one of the reasons that I am walking rite now is because of him. He is for sure the best. And I thank him every minute.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795448].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr. Hurlbert is a Saint. From my initial diagnosis, right thru to surgery was all managed extremely well and organized. He has an exceptional bedside manner and was able to explain everything about my situation. He has a very competent assistant as well. He is also extremely dedicated and organized. Can't say enough about this team. From what I've heard he is a top Nuerosurgeon in this country. I feel extremely fortunate that I was able to have him and his assistant manage my situation. He tells you the truth about your situation and what he tells you about what is going to happen, happens. It was like reading a script .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

He gave me my life back and performed a miracle..!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2647589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 9, 2014

It only took a few months to get into see him and he was able to answer all my questions and explain why he thought what he did. I have a rare condition and he was very knowledgeable and had seen people like me many times. The only thing I didn't like is that because my condition is so rare the research is still coming out on it and he seemed a little bit behind is some findings and way ahead of the curve in other findings.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2543994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 20, 2014

I MUST ADMIT THAT DR. HURLBERT IS PROBABLY VERY GOD AT WHAT HE DOES BUT I WAITED 8 MONTHS AFTER MY PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR SENT IN THE REFERAL BY I ONLY GOT TO SEE DR. HURLBERTS INTERN & HE WOULD NOT LISTEN TO MY CONCERNS

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2013

< Expletive > amazing! Dr. Hurlbert's manner, knowledge, and skill is beyond compare. He performed a miracle on our daughter. He made us feel at eaze and performed a one of a kind surgery with what I can only imagine (I was not in the room) with grace and confidence. Staff that he'd never worked with before would come out of the operating room and talk with us, telling us how wonderful it was to work with this guy they didn't know, and "Oh by the way your daughter is doing fine".... On follow up visits he is so friendly to our daughter, and goes down on one knee to talk to her at her level! Very amazing and mind blowing. Thank you

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Made time to meet with me while I had a lower back injury. Answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable. Would absolutely recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 11, 2012

Dr. Hurlbert is the best at what he does in the country. His bedside manor is second to none. His skill is the best in Canada. He is now writing the tests that new neurosurgeons have to take to become certified for our entire country so his knowledge is obviously second to none. I have had the great luck that he saved my life so I back up my facts with the facts. Mitch Messier

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

Did not require surgery but some of the statements the doctor made were not well thought out, almost amature. No reflection on his surgical ability but always question judgement as dcoctors are just human.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536031].votes_count ]]