Dr. R. John Hurlbert

Dr. R. John Hurlbert

Rate Dr. R. John Hurlbert

Dr. R. John Hurlbert's Ratings

I MUST ADMIT THAT DR. HURLBERT IS PROBABLY VERY GOD AT WHAT HE DOES BUT I WAITED 8 MONTHS AFTER MY PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR SENT IN THE REFERAL BY I ONLY GOT TO SEE DR. HURLBERTS INTERN & HE WOULD NOT LISTEN TO MY CONCERNS

Submitted Feb. 17, 2013 | flag

< Expletive > amazing! Dr. Hurlbert's manner, knowledge, and skill is beyond compare. He performed a miracle on our daughter. He made us feel at eaze and performed a one of a kind surgery with what I can only imagine (I was not in the room) with grace and confidence. Staff that he'd never worked with before would come out of the operating room and talk with us, telling us how wonderful it was to work with this guy they didn't know, and "Oh by the way your daughter is doing fine".... On follow up visits he is so friendly to our daughter, and goes down on one knee to talk to her at her level! Very amazing and mind blowing. Thank you

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Made time to meet with me while I had a lower back injury. Answered all of my questions and was very knowledgeable. Would absolutely recommend him.

Submitted March 11, 2012 | flag

Dr. Hurlbert is the best at what he does in the country. His bedside manor is second to none. His skill is the best in Canada. He is now writing the tests that new neurosurgeons have to take to become certified for our entire country so his knowledge is obviously second to none. I have had the great luck that he saved my life so I back up my facts with the facts. Mitch Messier

Submitted Nov. 9, 2011 | flag

Did not require surgery but some of the statements the doctor made were not well thought out, almost amature. No reflection on his surgical ability but always question judgement as dcoctors are just human.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2011 | flag

he helped me regain the use of and the feeling in my left arm.

Submitted June 15, 2011 | flag

I had been bumped from doctor to doctor telling me to see someone else, Dr Hurlbert was the last doctor I saw because he finally diagnosed me and got me into the correct rehab and treatment for my back. It was quick, he was polite and very helpful. Im just happy to be done with jumping from doctor to doctor.

Submitted Jan. 14, 2010 | flag

Surgery was covered by Alberta Health Care. Dr. Hurlbert did a fantastic job and I am ever greatful to him. I suffered and L1 shattered vertebra which had to be removed piece by piece, including fragments damagaing the spinal cord. Dr. Hurblert put in donor bone, and a titanium plate from L2 to T12. I suffer very minor permanent disability which I give credit to Dr. Hurlburt's professional skill. This surgery in less able hands could have resulted in being a complete parapalegic.

Submitted Dec. 9, 2009 | flag

Waited for a long time to see him a few years ago but they gave me the name of some other doctor I would see instead. None of the staff including the receptionists knew who the other doctor was on the day I got there but apparently he was a young neurologist from down East. Brought young student in with him. Reason they didn't know him was because he was just visiting. Didn't get anywhere unfortunately. The young guy said I would have to wait until I'm in a wheelchair because spinal problems so severe can be crippling if they attempt to repair them. Could be maybe two years of waiting before wheelchair but sure hurts like heck all night in meantime. Now interferes with walking, climbing and employment. Few years ago, doctors said the spinal problems weren't bad enough to operate and now they're too bad because if they do one spot they have to do another & another. Hulbert billed medicare so guess he was in charge of the other guy. Never did meet Hulbert himself.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2009 | flag

I came in with an unknown paralysis from T-4 This doctor gave up on me because he could not figure out what was the problem with my spine. He pushed me off into rehab and would not meet with me again no matter how hard or how many times I tried. I am a blemish on his perfect record and he was embaressed by the fact he doesnt know everything.

Submitted Feb. 18, 2009 | flag