Rate Dr. Mark K. Lencke

Dr. Mark K. Lencke's Ratings

Dr. Lencke was very helpful in helping me treat my seizure disorder. Every time I left his office he gave me at least a month's worth of free samples of my meds thus saving me hundreds in copays. People who say he is rude to patients have never spent much time around him.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2012 | flag

This man was rude to several patients today. I heard them talking. One woman cried on the way out and said she would not be back. His staff said he was in a bad mood. Then it was my turn. He was short. Would not answer questions. Kept telling me everything I asked was my GP's job. He would only give me samples of stuff I told him had not worked for me in the past. I complained to the Family Practice Group about his behavior. They said no more referrals to him. Not very professional!

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

Told me I only had 15 minutes. Told me I could only talk about migaines - not what was causing them. He did all the talking, refused to let me speak. He was rude. He yelled at people in the waiting room and then preceded to take his anger out on me too. I will never go back to him. I complained to The VP at Lexington Medical. She said that this behavior would be forwarded to their referral sites. I don't like being yelled at and not allowed to speak.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

spent very little time, prescribed muscle relaxer. Let me go no follow up

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

I have been going to Dr Lencke for almost 13 years for MS. He has always been very concerned and has had his staff return my calls very quickly. He is always courteous, thoughtful and extremely caring. He really thinks about your case before changing things. He carefully weighs the options regarding what is in your best interest. He has had an MS specialist consult on my case when he was in the office. I would recommend Dr Lencke to anyone who wanted to go to an intelligent, thoughtful doctor who only considers what is best for his patients. MS is a very difficult disease to diagnose and care for. He does everything in his power to do his best for his patients, but sometimes, like all doctors, it is out of his hands. Dr Lencke also has a wonderful sense of humor which always helps in all situations. I love having him as my doctor and would never consider going anywhere else.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2011 | flag

This doctor is so insecure he cannot handle basic questions that any literate person would ask. He is so easily offended and his remarks to redeem himself are sad and inappropriate. Lab results are like lost treasures. When you do get an answer he acts like waiting was no big deal. His receptionist gave me my lab results and had no idea what to do when I started asking questions. If you are a person who likes to think for yourself, forget it, he cannot handle it. Money matters to him and that is about it. He has no respect for others in need and seems to be annoyed much of the time. He sets the tone for his staff because they seem to follow his attitude, immature and inconsiderate. The times I have been there feel to me like a SNL skit and it doesn't seem like this kind of care should be a reality. Stay away from this practice if you want to be taken seriously and treated with any amount of respect or just simply listened to.

Submitted Sept. 1, 2011 | flag

I saw Dr.Lencke today 8/15/11. The office staff was very friendly. I did not have to wait but maybe 30 mins. before I was called back. Dr. Lencke was wonderful, he was very gentle, kind, and answered all my questions. He also took the time to do a complete neurological exam. He explained in detail the possible reason for the problem I was seen for. He also referred me to another specialist to further evaluate the problem. And in the future , should I need to see a neurologist again, I would see Dr. Lencke without question. He took the time to explain every thing to me in terms that I could understand. I would personally recommend Dr. Lencke to anyone who needs to see a neurologist. My entire experience from the moment I arrived was above excellent !

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

Avoid this man at all costs. He is so arrogant and rude. He doesn't listen and is not interested in your health. He acts like you're a bother and wasting his time when it's really a waste of your time and money. He's just a real jerk.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Lenckes in the past. When I was working full time and had insurance he was the kindest man and genuinely seemed to care about his patient. However, I was disabled in an accident and during a very hard transition in my life had to go on state assistance for medical for a very SHORT amount of time. When I went to see Dr. Lencke, I was in pain, I could hardly walk, and was scared, because no one could seem to figure out why I was falling down, losing my balance and why my legs would go numb for no reason. Dr. Lencke walked in like I was a stranger. He looked at my chart, told me to stand up and walk, got angry when I could not walk the way he wanted me to and then snapped my chart shut and told me " I don't know what you expect me to do, you have no insurance, I can't run any test". I left feeling humiliated, and more confused than ever. I ended up having a severe neurological disease, he missed. I paid cash for my 5 minutes and will never go back again!

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

Abrupt, seemed to resent questions, non forthcoming regarding results of tests

Submitted Sept. 22, 2010 | flag