Rate Dr. Albert Titus

Dr. Albert Titus's Ratings

I was operated on by Dr. Titus for diverticulitis. During the surgery my right ureter was damaged and he failed to recognize what he did. I suffered in sever pain for several days, and he did not take my condition seriously after several days my body was so bloated and full of urine that I could not breath my family threatened to take me out of the hospital to an emergency room so I would not die. He finally got involved, and misdiagnosed it as an abscess. he drained it and sent me home after 2 weeks in the hospital. I continued to be very sick and in horrible pain. I went to 2 ER's where they properly diagnosed it but sent me back to Dr. Titus. He discounted their opinions and sent me home 2 more times. Finally after 6 weeks of suffering and leaking urine into my body cavity he admitted that he had damaged my ureter. I asked what could be done he said I don't know and walked out. He showed no concern for my suffering.I required 2 more surgeries as a result. I now live in constant pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

As a healthcare professional, I've seen a large number of excellent providers as well as those that I would choose to avoid (for various reasons). Dr. Titus was called in on a consult for an infected would in our 4 year old. Not only was he exceptionally technically proficient, his bedside manner was excellent (sometimes hard to find in a surgeon). He has a gift with children, we as a community are very lucky to have him, especially considering we haven't had a surgeon for pediatric patients in Collier for a long time. Thank you Dr. Titus and staff, I hope that we can assist you in some way in the future. Greatful parents.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Exceptional surgeon. Would definitely recommend friends and family

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][536993].votes_count ]]