Dr. Marya Gendzielewski

Dr. Marya Gendzielewski

Rate Dr. Marya Gendzielewski

Dr. Marya Gendzielewski's Ratings

Dr. Gendzielewski is great! She sits with you & shows genuine care for your needs. But her staff, especially the mean, rude, unprofessional woman at the front desk should find a job where she does not see patients. I am always nervous when I come in, in the room waiting now, and the front desk staff is so rude and uncaring about the patients it gives me anxiety. Even on the phone she talks down to you & can't wait to slam the phone in your ear. If you don't already have an endo, find a diff one. Sorry Dr. G. Your front desk help is forcing me to look elsewhere.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2014 | flag

I am a middle aged woman seeking an Endocrinologist for thyroid issues. My 35 year old son saw an endocrinologist when he was 13 and experiencing adrenal insufficiency, but I could not remember how to spell the Dr.'s name. However, when I went on this site and saw the name and negative reviews, I knew she was the one my son had seen. I would not recommend this physician. She did not help my son, who had clinical symptoms that caused him to be on bed rest for 4 months, but because his lab results were "borderline," he was not treated. He struggled with the symptoms throughout school and his adult life so far. I could never understand why physicians rely on subjective lab tests instead of treating clinical symptoms. When I raised the issue with her, she suggested that I needed to go on Prozac! There was no discussion, period. I also disliked the rude staff and extremely long wait times. Do your physical and emotional well being a favor and go elsewhere!

Submitted Oct. 20, 2013 | flag

I couldn't agree more with the negative reviews! I have been going here for years and don't know why! A poor man came into the office by mistake when I was in the waiting room, and the receptionist ripped him a new one! She is always RUDE. Once I made a mistake with a prescription and Dr. G reamed me out. I had to go back in 3 months instead of 6, because "I wasn't responsible enough!". You also better plan on at least 1.5 to 2 hrs of waiting! Go elsewhere, I've had enough abuse!

Submitted July 11, 2012 | flag

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!SHE KNOWS HER STUFF INSIDE AND OUT.MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT SHE DROPPED MY INSURANCE CO. I HAVE A NEW DR. NOW BUT WOULD LOVE TO HAVE HER BACK.GREAT AT WHAT SHE DOES!

Submitted April 24, 2012 | flag

i've been seeing dr. g since 1998. since then i've had to put up with her EXTREAMLY RUDE RUDE RUDE secretary ( i think her name is "rita" with glasses). Dr. G is a bit rude with no bedside manners herself. I have decided to see another dr. instead who got BETTER RATINGS than dr. g did. Dr. G might have been an excellent dr...but her and her secretary's **** attitude can go to hell. i'm not dealing with that crap anymore! some of her patients might have liked her but MOST do not...me being one of them! goodbye forever dr. G!

Submitted Nov. 21, 2011 | flag

I am a new patient of Dr. G's. After reading the other reviews, I wonder if I've been seeing the same physician? I find her VERY helpful and informative! She explains things in layman's terms and takes her time while with you. There is no doubt she is THE best in her field. As I said previously, I have not experienced the issues others have written about AND I would recommend her to everyone and anyone...she is really that good!!

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag

Dr. G is alright. I went to an appointment once before I had my bloodwork done. She practically scowled me - said something about losing future privileges - I reminded her to watch her tone and that I was a paying adult patient - I expect to be treated that way. She's intelligent and knows her business. She has little bedside manner and talks way too quickly and always seems rushed (not my problem if she is). I have heard time and again about her rude receptionist. Rude is an understatement. She is condescending, disrespectful, non-emotional and often closes the glass privacy window and vents. The only reason I go to Dr. G is because the doctor that removed my thyroid said she is the best and I only have to deal with the practice once a year.

Submitted April 11, 2011 | flag

I have read some of the comments and can't believe the negative ones. I've been seeing Dr. Gendzielewski for at least ten years and absolutely love her and her staff! As a matter of fact, she doesn't take my insurance anymore but I still go to her and pay out of pocket, that's how much I like her and trust her. She knows her stuff that's for darn sure. She even took care of my mom in the hospital a few times when she was the doctor on call and was very caring, compassionate and knowledgeable. She's always ready with helpful suggestions or treatment options, and I've never felt pressured to do anything I didn't want to do. And I dare any of you to show me a doctor's office that you don't have to wait in - it's the nature of the business, emergencies come up, and if it was you wouldn't you want your doctor to take care of it? I've never been treated with anything but kindness by her office staff too. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Gendzielewski.

Submitted March 21, 2011 | flag

I believe she is a talented, knowledgeable and thorough physician. But her secretary in the front office is awful to talk with . I dread calling the office for any reason including just to make an appointment. She is not only abrupt but she is condescending and rude. Dr. G is also a bit abrupt and I'm always relieved to get my family member who sees her out of there. If we had any choice, we would go elsewhere.

Submitted April 2, 2009 | flag

Dr. G is a wonderful, caring doctor but it may take a little time to see that. At first she may come across as kind of hard. However, I believe she is very compassionate and truly cares about her patients. My experience with her has been excellent. I see her for my diabetes and she is very thorough, doesn't miss anything and I feel I am in great hands.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2008 | flag