Rate Dr. L. Lewis Wall

Dr. L. Lewis Wall's Ratings

Excellent surgeon. Takes plenty of time to explain to patient and family about the surgery. Is always concerned about the wellfare of the patient.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][538663].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2012

Dr Wall saved my life! After a BOTCHED surgery by another doctor, ("Gyn surgery gone bad"),I was in chronic constant pain, barely functioning at my job, and unable to have relations with my husband. Severely depressed, feeling hopeless. My bladder leaked constantly, requiring me to wear the biggest poise pads. Pain and pressure woke me up at night. Stool "hanging up" in the rectum... I was a terrible mess! After exams and testing, Dr Wall was able to remove the awful mesh from my vagina and fixed my rectocele and bladder incontinence by using some of my abdominal fascia. (4 Hr Surgery) I required another surgery to excise the remaining mesh (2 hr). Now I am fixed, dry, and pain free. I have a new lease on life! Thank you Dr Wall! Also the care and facilities there at Barnes were Top Notch!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][538662].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2009

http://wuphysicians.wustl.edu/physician2.asp?PhysNum=3013 Dr L. Lewis Wall, UroGyn department head at WashU St Louis, saved my life! I'd had gyn surgery in Apr/07 by another doctor(TVT Secur and Posterior Prolift Mesh), with disastrous results and suffering. By the time I found and saw Dr Wall, I was nearly suicidal,in constant pain, severe urine leakage, unable to have relations w/ my husband. With initial visit and exam, Dr Wall said he could help me. After records review, urodynamics and defecogram testing, he did the explant/ reconstruction surgery Apr08. He worked tediously for 4 hours to remove the mesh and reconstruct/repair my anatomy. My bladder and bowel are working much like "normal" now. I will need an additional surgery for removal of a missed tuft of mesh which has eroded thru vaginal cuff. Dr Wall has been very professional and kind; he is the only doctor I feel I can trust. His expertise and caring has given me hope for a better,normal future. He is a godsend!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][538661].votes_count ]]