Rate Dr. John R. Moreland

Dr. John R. Moreland's Ratings

2/10/14. I have never had a better experience with a doctor in my life, and, believe me, I have had a lot of doctors. Without doubt he is one of the greatest hip replacement surgeons in the entire United States, but it should also be noted that he has a terrific bedside manner. He is thoughtful, thorough, and exceptionally caring. I cannot speak to the one poor review that appears here and on Yelp, except to say that it could not be more different than my experience (and I suspect that of 99 percent of his other patients). My results have been beyond fantastic. As I mentioned, I have had a lot of doctors, all of them at the top of their specialties in Los Angeles (arthritis, sports medicine, and general practice). Each one unequivocally told me that John Moreland would be THEIR choice if they had to have THR. I will be forever grateful to all of them for their great recommendation. Also, Dr. Wallace, my anesthesiologist, was great, as was the care I received at St. John's Hospital.

Submitted Feb. 10, 2014 | flag

It is my opinion that Dr John Moreland is still the best joint replacement orthopaedic surgeon on the west coast. Many of my friends are satisfied patients of his. Cc

Submitted May 30, 2013 | flag

Dr. Moreland performed a total hip replacement four years ago. When I awoke, I had no feeling in my leg from the knee down and could not move my foot. The shocks from nerve damage were excruciating and the doctor had to put me on anti-seizure medication. The medication turned me into a zombie and I began having suicidal thoughts. I was told that he would be performing the operation from the front, but he changed his mind and went in from the back. He stretched or nicked my sciatic nerve and now my foot is permanently paralyzed. I asked him if this would have happened if he went in through the front and he said "probably not". I never received an apology and I am forced to wear a brace when I walk. I am now crippled. I am in my 40's and have two young children that I can't keep up with. Dr. Moreland is living off of the reputation he once had. He is sloppy, uncaring and too old to be practicing. If you let this doctor touch you, you may end up like me, which would be a terrible tragedy.

Submitted Sept. 5, 2012 | flag

Great surgeon. One of the best in the country. Office staff helpful, but I miss his nurse. Does not take any insurance, but will submit bill for you. Hilda in the office is great.

Submitted March 21, 2007 | flag