Dr. Jeffrey M. Kaplan

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 23/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 5 reviews. Dr. Jeffrey M. Kaplan has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9

23/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "LENEXA" to "Overland Park"
RID: 2559457
14/02/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Kaplan is the greatest! He takes a lot of time with his patients, is very thorough, and is genuinely concerned. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Jeffrey" to "Jeffrey M."
RID: 1646362
29/11/11 4 4 5 5 I've seen alot of doctors in the past few years and Dr. Kaplan blows everyone out of the water. Listens! Treats you like a real human being and does everything possible to figure out what's ailing you. So kind and sinsire. I think ks is lucky to have an outstanding doctor close!  Respond

18/04/11 SYSTEM: 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1156204
24/04/10 4 4 3 3 He seemed to listen during the visit but had a very general approach that I had already been through with my migraines. The type of treatment would be unreasonable for many patients including expensive diet change, supplements, and physical therapy. Just not a feasible response.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 817418
06/03/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaplan, who I found by a stroke of luck, treats both my daughter who has been fighting chronic pain for 7-8 years, since she was in 6th grade, and myself. He has been able to accomplish for both of us what other doctors have not. He is very compassionate, understanding and has an attitude of, “I won’t give up on you.” They have also stayed on top of my insurance company doing what ever is possible to help insure than they cover medical procedures and medications. With all the patients they have to keep track of, they called me out of the clear blue to inform me that a medication, which they knew we were paying for out of pocket $350.00 per month, was now covered by insurance. They had already fired off a letter to the insurance company on my behalf. It’s wonderful to have a doctor and staff who will fight for their patients in so many ways.
Insurance: Coventry
RID: 738976
08/12/08 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaplan has been treating me for a nerve injury since June of 2008. It is now December of 2008 and I am still seeing him along with my Orthopedic Surgeon. He has been an absolute Godsend. I do not think I could have made it this far without him and his staff by my side. They have reached out and shown what true medicine and healthcare is all about. They have pushed aside the demands of insurance companies and political agendas to provide true patient care!! Beside patient care they have also provided the encouragement I have needed along the way to keep going and keep fighting to get better. When the pain became intolerable, Dr. Kaplan was there in his understanding manner to seek out additional treatment and make sure I was taken care of. His excellent documentation skills made life a lot easier for me with my disability carrier as well. I am very grateful for his knowledge and expertise as well as his traditional mannerisms with patient care.
Insurance: CIGNA