Rate Dr. Maria D. Salamatin

Dr. Maria D. Salamatin's Ratings

This Doctor is so-so but some of her staff are the worst I have ever come across. I MIGHT think about going back to her, although I doubt it, BUT ONLY if she FIRES ASHLEY. That woman is rude and nasty. The thing that seems to matter most in this office is how many times they can get you to come back and how good is your insurance. My health just didn't rate as important enough. Will look elsewhere for new doctor and hope that all who read this will do the same.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 19, 2012

I am a retired nurse and my husband is an employed pharmacist and we both like Dr. Salamatin. This doctor expects "you" the patient to take some responsibility for your own health. We always have a two-way conversation with her. She is not hard to understand like others have commented. I too have a thyroid issue and prefer to see a specialist/endocrinologist because that is not this doctors specialty. We have gone to several internists in he area and find her to be knowledgeable and very nice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 30, 2009

Waiting room is dark,dingy and uncomfortable. Never had to wait long to see her tho. Husband and I both went to her. He has high blood sugar and altho he is overweight and usually doesn't have it under control all the time a prescription was never offered (in 2 years). We were both confused about what prescriptions we should be taking and she always wrote them for meds not on our plan or on tier two and three even tho told several times we couldn't afford them. She is difficult to understand about when, how and what to take and which ones to replace. Told her twice I felt my thyroid was out of control and listed my symptoms (which are classic) and the dermotologist agreed and recommended I see her about it. I did. She said the tests came back normal (taken in her office), when my Neurologist ordered blood tests from a lab, test results showed thyroid was very high as well as being B12 deficient. Felt she should've picked this up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

I was a patient of Dr. Salamatin's since she came to the area. Each time I saw her, she always made me feel like I was "dreaming up symptoms." I would go to other specialists and they would confirm I was really sick. It all came to a head when I came in and was really sick with pelvic pain. My husband and I already had a theory, but when we shared it with the doc, she called us nuts. A week after, I found out my husband and I were right about our theory (and we didn't go to medical school). I had two surgeries to correct this problem (the same one Dr. Salamatin said was nothing.) The last straw was when I was in the hospital. Salamatin came in and yelled at me for requesting more IV fluids. (even though my urine was orange and I couldn't drink). No caring attitude or compassion whatsoever!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540395].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 13, 2009

Lousy service. Front office workers too busy having personal conversations. Waiting area dingy with very worn seating. Dr. Salamatin spent less than 10 minutes with me at what was supposed to be a complete new patient physical and billed as a comprehensive new patient physical. I never so much as opened one button for this exam and she merely reiterated my family history which was noted on the forms I had completed. Being over 50 I knew there should be certain tests performed as I previously worked in the medical field but there were no tests or even a mention of such. Being new I wanted to get established with a local physician but she is definitely not the one to choose.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540394].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2009

Went in for annual physical and some questions. Dr. Salamatin looked at my eyes and throat and listened to heart through my clothing. Nothing more. I never even unbuttoned a single button. No labs ordered. NOTHING. When I tried to ask questions she told me in a rushed tone not to worry. Used to work as medical office manager and secretary for more than 20 yrs, so I know standard procedures. Complete waste of time and money -- billed insurance for over $200 for 8 minute visit (and yes, I timed it). Won't go back. New in area and gyn sent me to her for complete physical. I'm over 50 so I know there are certain tests and/or procedures I should be having per AMA standards. Not here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][540393].votes_count ]]