Dr. Phil Inouye

Rate Dr. Phil Inouye

Dr. Phil Inouye's Ratings

Dealing with Dr Inouye makes coping with a condition such as Crohns much easier. He has always been available for questions. I also had a great care at the great nurses at he Queensway Carleton Hospital for a colonoscopy.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2014 | flag

I had many years of bad experiences in hospitals for different procedures and went into this one very very tense and nervous...but the staff and Dr. Inouye made it all right for me. They knew what to do to help me go through my procedure successfully and calmly. Wonderful nurses and wonderful doctor at he Queensway Carleton Hospital. And to make things so much better for me young ladies were waiting for me as I exited the hospital and I was able to enjoy my ride home with a snow cone which eased my terrible thirst after abstaining from fluids for many hours for this procedure.

Submitted July 11, 2014 | flag

Best of the best. Great guy;great care. This man is into the best service that he can possibly deliver.I could not swallow in late November. I called his office and his assistant called back a few minutes later and said I was scheduled for an endoscopy the next DAY!! I never had service like that before.

Submitted Feb. 21, 2014 | flag

Wonderful doctor! Very professional. Went in to have an ERCP and he explained everything before doing the procedure. Made me feel at ease. Highly recommended. His secretary is very friendly as well.

Submitted Aug. 7, 2013 | flag

A very caring and compassionate doctor who cares about his patients. It is nice to see a doctor who is there as a calling and not to line his pockets! You can see that he just makes people feel better. I went in and had a lot of questions about the upper and lower GI and he answered all of my questions and concerns. I was also worried about the procedure Dr. Inouye was wonderful about it and put me at ease!

Submitted June 18, 2013 | flag

Dr. Inouye is absolutely outstanding, as is his assistant, Brenda. I was very impressed by his warm and professional manner, and was blown away by him calling me personally to discuss results and discuss next steps for follow up.

Submitted March 27, 2013 | flag

Phil is a colleague of mine. I can attest to his skill and compassion. If I were in need of care, he is the type of physician I would want.

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

Absolutely the best GI doctor my husband has had to date. After decades of suffering liver infections due to an unknown cause and seeing supposedly the top liver specialists in Ottawa, Dr. Inouye was instrumental in my husband being finally diagnosed. He is the guy!

Submitted March 7, 2013 | flag

Recently saw Dr. Inouye for ongoing GI issues. I found his receptionist very courteous and very professional. Dr. Inouye was running behind I suppose since I had to wait 1 hour past my appointment time to see him. When I met Dr. Inouye, I found him quite pleasant , knowledgeable and answered my questions well. His receptionist scheduled me for 2 procedures right after the consult which I liked compared to going home and waiting for them to call you with a scheduled appointment. I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy which he performed at the Queensway and I was very comfortable as he explained everything and set me at ease. My follow-up appointment was better as he was running only 20 mins. behind and he was quick to the point of the pathology findings. I would definitely recommend Dr. Inouye to a friend in need of a GI doctor.

Submitted Jan. 22, 2013 | flag

I was recently admitted to QCH for emergency surgery, after being diagnosed same day in emergency with colon cancer and a complete bowel blockage. I was very disappointed when the surgery didn't take place that night, as I was initially told. Instead, the emergency doctor must have consulted with Dr. Inouye, who came to see me the next day. He explained that emergency surgery wasn't the best idea because the colon was too distended and it was dangerous. Instead, he skillfully inserted a stent through the blockage after explaining the difficulty of having to navigate around a corner without puncturing the other side. Procedure was successful and I have been able to eat comfortably while awaiting resection surgery. I saw Dr. Inouye several times while in hospital, including 2 procedures and follow-up xrays, and he always took lots of time to ask how I was doing and to explain the next steps. I wish he could be my surgeon as well!

Submitted Oct. 25, 2012 | flag