Dr. Kenneth V. Akey

Grad. Year: 1973

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 25/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Kenneth V. Akey has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5235612
12/03/14 5 4 5 5 Our family has been seeing Dr. Akey since 2003. We love his personal care and attention. My kids like going to the doctor! He's very knowledgable! Highly recommend!  Respond

27/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Orange" to "Mission Viejo"

13/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "Mission Viejo" to "Orange"

17/06/13 SYSTEM: combined ratings from Family / G.P. listing (DID: 3645825)
RID: 2661216
23/05/13 5 4 5 5 Dr. Akey is a phenomenal pediatrician. He is caring and very knowledgeable. He has seen my children since childbirth. Most importantly, he is a devout Christian and makes the kids feel very comfortable. I would recommend him to anyone. We are glad he is back in the Orange County area.
Respond

09/05/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "POST FALLS" to "Mission Viejo", State changed from "ID" to "CA"
RID: 2642539
07/05/13 5 5 5 5 My name is Ken Akey, M.D. I am a Board Certified Pediatrician and Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics. I attended the University of California, Irvine, School of Medicine, and have been blessed to be in private practice ever since.  Respond
RID: 1395133
23/03/11 5 4 5 5 He's awesome!! He's Caring!! He's honest!! My kids LOVE him!! He's the only doctor in his office, which makes the visits very personal! He personally follows up after sick visits to check in.. and he's not afraid to pray for you. I Highly recommend him!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1268800
10/10/10 3 1 3 4 Recently,I took my son and I told the nurse casually that I was a little under the weather. She took my temp and gave me some Tylenol. I told the dr that I was very concerned about my son's fever esp at night (b/c he had febrile seizures before). He advised me to keep a close eye on his temp/give him meds and to come back the following week to discuss how to prevent febrile seizures. He then looked at my throat and ear, I was fine. So here's my gripe. If a parent if concerned NOW about FS prevention, why would you tell me to come back the following week? Then later I find out that I had been billed for the dr to see me. First, I do not remember anyone telling me that I would be billed. Second the dr literally saw me for no more than 5 minutes. I spoke to his staff recently they gave me some song and dance about how the Dr did not have to look at my throat/ear but he did it as a courtesy. If he was truly doing this out of courtesy in my opinion I should have not been billed.
RID: 1159912
29/04/10 5 5 5 5 We love Dr. Akey!! Not only is he well spoken, professional and knowledgeable, he is by far a very compassionate, caring and dedicated doctor. He has always made time to see my son when he's been sick, which we greatly appreciate, and has always made us feel not rushed and answers every question thoroughly. His staff are great as well, and are cheerful, compassionate, calm & professional..attributes medical staff should have! His office is stocked with toys and books and is very kid-friendly. We love Dr. Akey & highly recommend him!
RID: 1131838

19/03/10 1 1 2 2 In my opinion, Dr. Akey only cares about money. He seems to have no compassion or understanding about people and things that happen outside of their control. He charges you for not showing up to your appointment on time, regardless of the reason (whether it be legitimate and medical or not), but then makes you wait between 2 and 3 hours to see you. How about you get a credit for him not "showing up" to your appointment on time? My wife passed out at home and couldn't make an appointment, and rather than making an exception to the cancellation fee for long-time patients, he opted to keep our $25 bucks rather than continue to see my children as patients. I would not recommend Dr. Akey to anyone if what you want is true and genuine care.  Respond
RID: 907668
08/06/09 5 4 5 5 My three are now 21, 22 and 23 years old, and we haven't seen Dr. Akey for years; but without question, I owe the lives of my children to him. My first was born with a heart defect; my second developed pneumonia at 6 weeks, which Dr. Akey was quick to catch; my third was born with Hirschsprung's Disease. Not only did he diagnose this soon after birth and rally the appropriate specialists, he visited the NICU and left notes for me and my husband there, called to see how we were holding up, and acted as a sympathetic friend as well as a top-notch physician. I measure every other doctor by his standard, and none have surpassed him.  Respond
RID: 866339
20/04/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Akey is an amazing doctor!! He has an amazing personality and is truly one of the best physicians in Orange County.  Respond
RID: 744567
16/12/08 4 4 5 5 We have been with Dr Akey for over 21 years! He is the best in the west! This is why I continue to drive from San Diego...I'll be sad when my youngest turns 18.
RID: 302072
28/04/07 2 5 5 He is extremely knowledgeable and kind with the children. He is always pretty rushed though and his waiting rooms are generally very busy. He doesn't take a lot of time with you and you have to wait a very long time. We continue to see him though because we think he is one of the best out there. Love his nurse too.
RID: 300365
27/04/07 2 5 5 Dr Akey was born to be a pediatrician. He simply seems to love children and want the absolute best for them. He is really a gem.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 219093
21/03/07 4 5 5 This doctor is wonderful! Very caring and compassionate, and was willing to work with me in regards to my difficult birth and special needs child. He listens, refers when needed, is very kind and just a generous and beautiful individual. All four of my children go to him, and we are pleased every time. Dr. Akey does not have an "ego problem" and is never, ever arrogant or rude. We just love him, and everyone I talk to in the waiting room, loves him also. The punctuality is actually not his fault as he is very busy, but you always feel like you are the only patient he will see for the day, because he is focused and concerned for your family. We never mind waiting because we know we will get excellent service. His staff is just as wonderful.
Paid (or co-pay): $20