Rate Dr. Peter B. Rintels

Dr. Peter B. Rintels's Ratings

All though Dr. Rintels may be a competent hematologist, his office staff is not and he has no idea what is going on. Test results sent out of network with no pre-authorization resulting in me getting billed for nearly $2000. After dealing with the lab and insurance company, his office was allowed to submit the paperwork for one portion of the bill so the insurance company could pay it off, but they never sent in the paperwork resulting in 11 months of aggravation and over $400 remaining in bills that my insurance company said would have been paid if they just filed the paper work. On top of that, he brings me in to tell me what the test results were, only to tell me the results weren't back yet. It's been a year and I still don't know what they are . I have since gone to another doctor. Incompetent is all I can say. If there was a rating worse than terrible for the office staff, I would use it.

Submitted Sept. 15, 2014 | flag

Dr. Rintels was an excellent doctor.He called me at home to make sure I was doing well.I had a type of Thallasemia anemia problem and he made sure he got to the root of it and how to treat it. He was very easy to talk to.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2012 | flag

I went to him for a blood disorder and while not very professional looking, kind of unkempt...he was very nice and worked hard to find out what was wrong with me, very dedicated. That's what you want.

Submitted Feb. 4, 2010 | flag