You may also like

Rate Dr. Gerald A. Feuer

Dr. Gerald A. Feuer's Ratings

As in the bottom reviews Dr. Feuer is not a good or ethical doctor. He has a gigantic ego. According to public records he was paid $853,017 in 2012 by Northside Hospital. He was paid this ridiculous amount as a reward for bringing a lot of patients to Northside and performing alot of unnecessary surgery. Northside needs a Federal investigation of this fraud. If you are reading this review it is probably because you were referred to Dr. Feuer or considering seeing him for an opinion. The only opinion he ever has is you need robotic surgery. He tells everyone the same thing— you may have cancer so lets take it all out just in case. When it’s not cancer he makes women menopausal and infertile and destroys their quality of life. He makes up the reason for surgery and then writes notes to cover up the fraud. Dr. Feuer is not liked by many surgeons at Northside who always have to take care of his complications. When he has a complication like putting a hole through the bowel he disappears and is nowhere to be found. He then makes up lies to the patient and their family about how the injury occurred. Dr. Feuer use to be at St. Joseph’s hospital and had problems there. St. Joseph’s sued him in Fulton County Case #. 2011CV208262. Do your research before having Dr. Feuer operate on you. Read these reviews carefully. If you have experienced anything like is seen here do contact your insurance company, Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services and a lawyer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2830338].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Awful bedside manner. Staff very rude. Incompetent with procedure performed. Didn't remember my case at post op appt. Uncaring during post op pain and other complications. Wait times are unbelievable. He doesn't want to see his patients after he performs surgery;passes it off on PA and nurse practitioners. Awful. Find another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2780159].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Dr. Feurer tried to talk me into having a hysterectomy (at age 38) for what turned out to be a simple cyst. He insisted that it should be done robotically. When I said I want sure about it, He said that I would probably get ovarian cancer because I had had breast cancer 3 year previous. I told him that I had had genetic testing that came back that I was BRACA negative, but he said that didn't make a difference. I asked if we could just remove the cyst first and test it for cancer and he said, "no". I told him I didn't want to be in menopause at 38 and he said "it's no a big deal, just some hot flashes. No problems with s*x". I went straight to my breast cancer oncologist and she referred me to a another GYN. He did an ultrasound on my ovary and said it just looked like a simple cyst and he didn't know what Dr. Feurer thought he saw. He even went back and looked at the previous ultrasound and said it just looked like a simple cyst. We did surgery to remove and test the cyst and it was just that-a benign simple cyst. I believe Dr. Feurer just wanted practice patients so he could perfect his robotic surgery techniques.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2760660].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Absolutely the worst doctor I have ever seen. His ego needs it's own waiting room.
I was lied to regarding the necessity of robotic surgery. I was told I would heal in 6 weeks. Over 18 months later I am still in pain. He was misleading in the surgery, the recovery, the hospital stay and was so incompetent in the robotic surgery that I had 6 incision sites instead of the customary 4. He caused 2 surgical hernias and disregarded it as a hematoma in my follow up. His communication style was condescending every communication we had. I was stuck with him because it was emergency surgery and he was the dr. on call. I wouldn't let him operate on me again if I were dying because he would undoubtedly finish the job! Having had 4 other surgeries, I do know exactly what I am talking about. Thank God
I was in very good athletic shape or I may never have recovered at all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2720121].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 12, 2015

Recent surgery performed by Dr. Feuer. He and his staff were awesome. Very detailed with preoperative instructions and prep. Great surgical result.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2691490].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2015

I was being treated for a GBM (Glioblastoma Mutliforme) brain tumor, we had to wait for a year for my hysterectomy, but having had worked with Dr. Feuer as a nurse before, I trusted no one else. He is wonderful, great bedside manner, and since I had acclimated to my pain medications with the brain tumor, he didn't even hesitate to upgrade my pain medications, which was a huge comfort both physically and emotionally. Now, to be clinical and blunt, his methods for preparation for surgery are different BUT will spare the patient so much in the long term, I am talking, ladies about, bowel prep and other things we don't like to talk about, but let me as a nurse assure you, he is VERY thorough and overly concerned about your overall comfort and success, he is simply awesome and I am so glad I trusted him from the start. I didn't even know about this review site or I would have given him a thumbs up 2/8/2013 when I had my surgery. No complications, I followed all my orders, so I am doing GREAT, thanks to this wonderful doctor!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2562950].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

Dr. Feuer is a surgeon...a robotic surgeon. If you want different treatment, go elsewhere! He is awesome at what he does. He was caring and answered all my questions. I saw him before surgery and right after. I did not see him again until my follow-up. I don't usually see him on my visits (and there are many after cancer), I see the PA. It doesn't bother me to not see him...I wanted him to do what he does and do it well...get rid of my cancer using the robot. He did that and 3 1/2 years later All is well. His billing staff is not extremely communicative, which is why I gave a 4 for that, but the rest of the staff is great. If you're looking for a genius w/the robot, go to Dr. Feuer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1260919].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 17, 2013

I read the comments good and bad prior to my first appointment with Dr. Feuer. I was pleasantly surprised. Dr Feuer was sensitive to my feelings, uplifting, positive. He was very direct about my condition and he recommended we proceed. He took time to answer all my questions. I like him. He made me feel hopeful. His Nurse Amie was a blessing. She was very kind and made sure I knew exactly what to expect, was sensitive to my anxiety, she was very patient with me. I never felt rushed by either of them. Dr. Feuer did explain that he can not always be at the hospital when its time for discharge, but explained that one of his nurses would be there to discharge me if he could not. The only person that I found to lack any personality or compassion is the receptionist that you meet at the window when you first enter Dr. Feuer's office. My surgery is tomorrow and I am confident I made the right decision going to Dr. Feuer.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1260918].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 28, 2013

MD was highly recommended to me by GYN. MD was knowledgeable and answered my questions. Surgery performed and everything is fine. Only time I ever saw MD was at consultation. I never saw him prior or after surgery, only his assistants. Even goiing every 4 months for follow up i see his assistants only. Biggest issue was no assistance from office when handling insurance issues and has some questionably billing practices thru SEGO. Now he is on his own and things are musch better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1260917].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 15, 2013

Very knowledgable doctor and staff. They walked me through the entire process end to end and answered all of my questions. Made sure that I was comfortable before and after the surgery. The surgery was a success (cancer free) and after 8 weeks I'm feeling great and back to my normal routine. Truly appreciated the staff's hand holding and care that was given day 1 through post surgery. Thank you!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1260916].votes_count ]]