Rate Dr. Gerald A. Feuer

Dr. Gerald A. Feuer's Ratings

Dr. Feuer is a surgeon...a robotic surgeon. If you want different treatment, go elsewhere! He is awesome at what he does. He was caring and answered all my questions. I saw him before surgery and right after. I did not see him again until my follow-up. I don't usually see him on my visits (and there are many after cancer), I see the PA. It doesn't bother me to not see him...I wanted him to do what he does and do it well...get rid of my cancer using the robot. He did that and 3 1/2 years later All is well. His billing staff is not extremely communicative, which is why I gave a 4 for that, but the rest of the staff is great. If you're looking for a genius w/the robot, go to Dr. Feuer.

Submitted June 17, 2013 | flag

I read the comments good and bad prior to my first appointment with Dr. Feuer. I was pleasantly surprised. Dr Feuer was sensitive to my feelings, uplifting, positive. He was very direct about my condition and he recommended we proceed. He took time to answer all my questions. I like him. He made me feel hopeful. His Nurse Amie was a blessing. She was very kind and made sure I knew exactly what to expect, was sensitive to my anxiety, she was very patient with me. I never felt rushed by either of them. Dr. Feuer did explain that he can not always be at the hospital when its time for discharge, but explained that one of his nurses would be there to discharge me if he could not. The only person that I found to lack any personality or compassion is the receptionist that you meet at the window when you first enter Dr. Feuer's office. My surgery is tomorrow and I am confident I made the right decision going to Dr. Feuer.

Submitted Feb. 28, 2013 | flag

MD was highly recommended to me by GYN. MD was knowledgeable and answered my questions. Surgery performed and everything is fine. Only time I ever saw MD was at consultation. I never saw him prior or after surgery, only his assistants. Even goiing every 4 months for follow up i see his assistants only. Biggest issue was no assistance from office when handling insurance issues and has some questionably billing practices thru SEGO. Now he is on his own and things are musch better.

Submitted Jan. 15, 2013 | flag

Very knowledgable doctor and staff. They walked me through the entire process end to end and answered all of my questions. Made sure that I was comfortable before and after the surgery. The surgery was a success (cancer free) and after 8 weeks I'm feeling great and back to my normal routine. Truly appreciated the staff's hand holding and care that was given day 1 through post surgery. Thank you!

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

Very arrogant and dismissive to my questions and concerns. I wanted to discuss options and the only option he offered was robotic surgery. Says he's done the most. No wonder, operates on everyone. Get another opinion before having operation. Seems more interested in getting you into the operating room than helping you.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2012 | flag

Very excellent physician (needs to review his notes prior to seeing a patient or have the notes in front of him is only weakness, so he can speak coherently about the right patient). Very competent staff is always available with whatever question is asked. Caroline and Susan go out of their way to relax "rattled" patients. The scheduler of procedures knows her "stuff". The two front office ladies are awesome and quickly take care of what is needed so the patient can proceed.

Submitted May 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Feuer is an exceptional gynecological oncologist. My mother was given only a few months to live until we found Dr. Feuer. Three years later, she is cancer free and is living a relatively normal life. Ovarian cancer is not curable, but manageable so Mother has chemo once a month, and it has kept the disease under control. Mother tolerates the chemo extremely well. We cannot thank and praise Dr. Feuer enough. He is a skilled surgeon and also kind and gentle and has a great bedside manner.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2011 | flag

I would recommend Dr. Feuer. I recently just had surgery, I think he is a great Dr with a excellent team behind him. Even if you don't see him every day during your hospital stay he make sure a Dr on his staff is there to see you every day and to answer all questions.

Submitted Oct. 22, 2011 | flag

Dr. Fuere's assistant Aimee was not very helpful. On my 1st visit, I was left in the conference room and forgot about, when I finally got in the room to be examined, it was so quick and was left again. Once I came out the room to find out when someone was coming back, all the staff had left except 1 lady. I came back on a 2nd occassion and recieved the same treatment, so I subsequently am in the process of finding another Dr to perform my surgery. I pray his assistant is in no way a reflection of him and his work, but I will never find out because unfortunately, you have to get through her to see him, so he has lost this patient.

Submitted July 13, 2011 | flag

After reading the online reviews i almost changed physicians. However, i am so very glad that i didn't. My family and I found Dr. Feuer extremely knowledgeable and helpful. He came very highly recommended by my OB/GYN as well as nurses at the Women's Center where we had our son. He checked in with me throughout my pregnancy until he felt that surgery could safely be performed. I ended up in the emergency room prior to my surgery date and Dr. Feuer came to see me in the hospital. I thought that he had an excellent bedside manner. On my surgery day he came in to explain everything he was going to do and everything that he might have to do. I also saw him post-op later that day. He did not personally discharge me from the hospital but his nurse was very nice. They were even very helpful in finding medications i could safely take while nursing. Dr. Feuer is a straight shooter when it comes to what needs to be done but we appreciated that. I would absolutely recommend him.

Submitted May 28, 2010 | flag