Dr. Henry E. Aryan

Grad. Year: 2000

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 14/11/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. Henry E. Aryan has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: does he take medical?    Email me    Answer it

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5430845
28/04/14 4 4 5 5 John Horter I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE AT SIERRA PACIFIC FOR THE CARE FOR MY NECK AND ARM PAIN IN WHICH I HAVE HAD FOR MANY YEARS. DR ARYAN AND HIS STAFF ARE THE BEST. THANKS AGAIN, JOHN HORTER
Insurance: Anthem
Respond

16/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.2
RID: 5216725
01/03/14 4 4 5 5 I am delighted with the outcome of my recent back surgery. I tell everyone, “I’m not where I want to be, I’m not where I’m going to be, but Thank God I am not where I was. Dr Aryan is a wonderful, caring doctor. I have had several medical procedures done at SPOC, all with great outcomes. Heartfelt thanks to all my doctors, Tanner, Ghazal, Smith & Aryan, and their PA’s.
Insurance: AARP
RID: 4728495
01/02/14 5 5 5 5 From the first moment my condition required surgery....meeting Dr. Gill and Dr. Aryan I had the upmost confidence in the kind of care I would receive. Both doctors explained the procedures clearly...their PA’s and staff are a ten on my list. My recovery from both surgeries, hip and back have given me a quality of life that I’m thankful for every day! At my age, 62, I can fully enjoy my grandchildren! Thank you Dr. Gill and Dr. Aryan.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $30
Respond

29/01/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Henry" to "Henry E."
RID: 2709207

15/07/13 2 3 1 1 I personally DON'T recommend Dr. Henry E. Aryan MD. He is an inexperienced surgeon who won't get the job done PROPERLY. His spinal fusion techniques are sloppy and wont heel properly. The chances of you being in pain AGAIN in 2-3 years later is very likely! When that second surgery is recommended by Dr. Aryan "to take out the hardware and possible bone growth" It's very likely your pain level will stay the same with no improvement. Dr. H. E. Aryan is out for the money.
Respond

19/06/13 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 2512028
25/12/12 5 5 5 5 Excellent! Once my films were seen by Dr. Aryan it was only a matter of days before my surgery took place. Rosemary played a key role in keeping me informed and facilitating the insurance, surgery center, etc. Today I am doing great! I am one year out from the surgery and have resumed all excercises I did before experiencing the worst pain I have ever had (and I have had 4 children without an epidural!) Nerve pain is so debilitating and I am so thankful that my Dr. (Schommer) sent me to Dr. Aryan who was so informative, personable and obviously skilled. Thank you and Happy Holidays! -Christie Caldwell
RID: 2469930
08/11/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aryan came highly recommended and I must say he did not disappoint. He explained everything to me and was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Very successful surgery and I couldn't be happier with the results.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 2465618
04/11/12 1 1 1 1 skip spoc and go to a real facility Stanford Dr John Kevin Ratliff...I have heard and seen too many horror stories about SPOC. Dr Jerry Neal Smith is the most unempathetic phsyiatrist and should be relegated to cattle duty..his pa Chris Ellis is just as bad..poor Fresnoians who have to put up with SPOC....these guys are not neurosurgeons...just orhopods with training who could easily paralyze you.
Paid (or co-pay): $500
See Responses
RID: 2449840
17/10/12 1 2 3 5 Dr. Aryan is kind and helpful and comes highly recommended, however, front and back office staff were of poor disposition, hurried, and some were rude. PA Jonathan should not take over patient care after initial appointment and surgery, as he has rather poor bedside manners and lacks people skills. Extreme wait times for appointments, 2+ months in my case, even when previously seen there, and long wait in waiting room. Nice offices/building. I recommend to not ask any questions, as you will become an immediate annoyance to staff, and they will let you feel it. I can't recommend doctor unless he replaces or re-trains his staff to be somewhat customer-friendly. Surgery results so far so good, only 1 week post-op, can't say much on the topic yet.
RID: 2421749
10/09/12 5 5 5 5 I was referred to Sierra Pacific Ortho Group through a good friend of mine. I needed knee replacement and was referred to Dr. Eric Hanson. I was first seen by Greg and was very impressed by him. I was told I was bone on bone. Dr Hanson came in and confirmed. Everyone was very pleasant and I instantly had good vibes with the personnel. I had the replacement and have since referred 8 people from Merced to Dr. Hanson. All have had knee replacements and one shoulder surgery. They are all very satisfied and I will continue to refer people to Sierra Pacific Group.I also had neck problems and asked Dr. Hanson for a referral to a neurosurgeon and was referred to Dr. Henry Aryan. I was very impressed with him and had a disc fusion surgery. It was very successful. I have referred 2 people to him and both were also impressed. One of the had a very serious spinal injury that required major surgery but is now doing very well. Sierra Pacific Ortho Group is State of the Art. Ray Flores, Merced
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 2419935
07/09/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aryan did a wonderful job rebuilding my spine. A multi-level fusion from S1 through T10 is a tough task, but I am up & walking again against the odds. Thank You Dr. Aryan, You did a great job!!
RID: 1728716
04/03/12 5 5 5 5 Rosemary and Nick were excellent. Tosha was very nice and handled all my paperwork. Dr Aryan was very helpful.
Insurance: Humana
RID: 1727774
03/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Aryan operated on my mother's back. She is doing very well. We were very scared about back surgery but she has done well and we wish we had it done sooner. He is kind and his staff is very good. I did speak with one of his other patient's who was also happy.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $25
Respond

22/02/12 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1668990
24/12/11 4 5 1 3 Only have 1,000 charac.LET ME BE FRANK: Was 46 years old -Cost me career,savings,house,retirement NOW bankrupt if I can prevent this travesty from happening to anyone else then I have saved a life. Jonathan said cortisone is very bad I needed surgery, then would never have to have another shot again I agreed. I take the blame, I signed the papers.Dr. Aryan did the surgery found I didn’t have 3 herinated lumbar discs only 2.One in the middle was fine, he removed it and fused my lumbar from SI to L3. @3 month follow-up,I complained of neck hurting.Jonathan laughed it off, patted me on back said see me in 6 mos.Saw pain specialist who took me seriously had 4 vertrbra pinched in neck treated me w/cortisone shots & pain pills. Same year had neck fused. Now most recent MRI shows T1 to T9 middle back is now herniated.Please don't cut your life short like I have.My body was way to sensitive for this radical invasion surgery and it's cost me my life - I hope it doesn't happen to you.
Respond

22/05/11 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

RID: 1389709
17/03/11 5 5 5 5 Had surgery 6 weeks ago,still in the process of recovery.... so far happy with the results.....We are Lucky to have a great Neuro surgeon in Fresno....Has great PA's would return your calls right away and answer questions you may have.
RID: 1347803
26/01/11 5 4 5 5 My surgery was denied by my insurance first time but was approved on appeal. Rosemary is a saint. Surgery went well. Still have some back discomfort but much improved from before.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1321302
26/12/10 5 4 2 5 Dr Aryan is a good Doc, BUT you will NOT see him after your surgery. My Dad had complications that put him back in the hospital for 8 days...no Doc Aryan only his P.A's. My friend also had surgery with complications and can not see Dr. A...only P.A.'s. So in his mission statement he states...I approach my patients as if they were my parent or my sibling...that's hard to believe. My dad and friend are still under his care and very dissatisfied with his post surgery care.  Respond
RID: 1134968
24/03/10 5 5 5 5 My physical therapist recommended him. I saw a different surgeon who recommended I go to SF for surgery which was very inconvenient. I had lumbar surgery with Aryan. Overall glad I did it. Still have a little soreness (4 weeks out) but so much better than before surgery. His PA Nick is thorough. The office is professional, always take care of scripts and paperwork timely.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1115704
26/02/10 5 5 5 5 I waited 4 weeks to see him, but he was worth the wait. His office is full of happy patients who are doing well. I hear he is gifted surgeon. He is very busy and it is hard to get initial appointment.
Insurance: CIGNA
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 1055787
12/12/09 1 1 1 1 I was in excruseating pain for 6 weeks, and had a urgent referal, and Aryans office refused to see me after several calls to them, for another month. I had to find another surgeon that had some compasion to see me. He admitted me emediatly and performed the sugery the next day.
RID: 864418
18/04/09 2 3 4 5 Met this doc. only once to go over options for degenerative disk disease. Agreed surgery was best option. Has associate, Johnathan - unsure of his credentials, meets with you @ every appt. Never saw Dr. Aryan before surgery but assume he performed the procedure. Had very good results, but still unable to work due to pain - over 6 mos. Rosemary, who does scheduling is a kind, understanding, goes-out-of her way helpful person!! However, other staff member named Lisa can be insulting. And there is know one else to go to - the "buck stops their". She's been given to much responsibility. You feel down right indefensible against her attitude because she knows she has control. Girls answering phones are hurried and have been impolite and unpolished on several ocassions. Told me I had to come in & personally pick up a prescription when they could of called it into the pharmacy, which put me at great risk for driving.
RID: 857832
10/04/09 5 5 5 5 Explained my condition to me. He and his office are extremely professional. I give him the highest recommendation possible.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 686695
18/09/08 5 5 5 5 Gentle and friendly, he had reviewed the scans prior and offered his opinion of the source of pain, delineated treatment options, expressed his preference and was clear about the reasons. He answered all of my questions. And he arranged for interum palliative treatment. Good staff. Scheduling couldn't have been easier. I didn't have to wait at in the office or in the room. Pleasant experience.  Respond
RID: 660831
09/08/08 5 5 5 5 Hard to get an appointment with him. The staff that answer the phone could be better. However extremely professional doctor and up to date on latest technology. Explains all options (including no surgery) and lets me make the choice. His waiting room was full of post-op patients who were doing well and very happy with him.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $50
RID: 617159
07/06/08 5 5 5 5 he is extremely busy but is worth the wait. very nice demeanor. explains things to me. surgery skills are the best around from what the nurses and other doctors tell me.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user