Rate Dr. Russell Cohen

Dr. Russell Cohen's Ratings

Wonderful Highly Skilled Doctor! My surgery was a surprisingly good experience. I feel fortunate to have been cared for by Dr. Cohen and the staff of Tucson Orthopedic Institute.

Submitted Sept. 3, 2014 | flag

Dr. Russell Cohen, Staff, & Tucson Orthopaedic Institute were very professional and compassionate. I can't say enough good about this doctor and the facility. It was an exceptionally good experience.

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

I have had a knee replacement and a hip replacement from Dr. Cohen and have refered several of my friends to him. I was back to work with my hip replacement before 3 weeks and my knee replacement went as smoothly. Everyone of my friends who have seen him and had replacements are as pleased as I am. I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen.

Submitted Jan. 23, 2014 | flag

Dr. Cohen's attitude was condescending. He resented that I had consulted other physicians first. He clearly had not even glanced at my record. I have never left a negative review of a physician before, but he manage to hurt me pretty badly considering he spent 5 minutes with me.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2013 | flag

Dr. Cohen did a fantastic job with my hip surgery. I'd never had any surgery before, and was apprehensive. But I was back on my feet unassisted in 5 days. He's great!

Submitted Oct. 15, 2012 | flag

This Dr. Was awful. He has no bedside manner at all. He doesn't care about his patient's well being. He botched my mother's hip surgery, then was defensive at our questions, when we were so concerned why she wasn't ok. I was mortified at his demeanor, I really wish I would of been more proactive in helping her choose an orthopedic surgeon before deciding on Dr. Cohen .don't use this doctor look else where, choose a doctor that really cares about his patients, this one doesn't. My mother will never be the same, I blame him. He hasn't called once to check on her since. He's one of those doctors that think he is godlike in his skill, unfortunately we ruined his image of himself even if he fails to recognize it.

Submitted Jan. 6, 2012 | flag

I live in Paradise Valley but traveled to Tucson to have my hip done. It is the best run office I have ever been to and everything is clockwork without feeling rushed. The doctor is very skilled and left me with a small scar and no pain. I have recommended him to others and everyone feels like I do that he is the best.

Submitted Dec. 24, 2009 | flag

Dr. Russell Cohen refused to give me an MRI or repair the damage when I had a torn medial meniscous. He said that it "wouldn't do any good because" my "weight would just pull out the stitches" and he "wasn't going to waste time working on me". He is a zero score on bedside manner especially if you weigh more than 200ibs. He was the worst and rudest physician I have ever met.

Submitted Feb. 12, 2009 | flag

Dr. Cohen is a fantastic orthopedic surgeon. However his follow-ups in my case have left a lot to be desired. I am rushed in and out of the office. I feel like he has placed blame on me for my slowed recovery (resulting from a infection near the surgical site). I honestly wonder if he reads my chart before seeing me. I also feel that he has ordered needless x-rays. In an unrelated matter the staff at TOI are generally sour. Maybe it's because I am younger than most Orthopedic patients? Maybe it's because I couldn't afford Medical Insurance and needed medicaid?

Submitted April 3, 2008 | flag

Dr. Russel Cohen has done both knee replacements for my husband and we couldn't be more pleased with his professionalness and friendliness. Dr. Cohen and his staff have been wonderful and the results of the surgeries are even better than we anticipated. We would highly recommend Dr. Cohen!

Submitted March 5, 2008 | flag