Rate Dr. William Orrom

Dr. William Orrom's Ratings

Wonderful surgeon. Very knowledgable and highly regarded. I was referred to him by the ER for a rather unpleasant condotion. I was cautioned that he doesn't have the best bedside matter, but I found that not to be true. Dr. Orrom took the time to explain the plan A and plan B of my surgeries, and readily calmed my anxiety. I also found he had quite a quirky sense of humour. He is also very accessible for any pre and post op questions. I really cannot say enough great things about Dr. Orrom.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2516981].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 28, 2014

Great surgeon, very professional and sets priorities. Thank you so much for all Dr. Orrom and his staff did. It is highly appreciated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 24, 2013

Dr. Orrom performed my laparoscopic cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal) one week ago today, and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. I've had minimal post-op pain, and the incisions are already healing nicely. The doc himself was fantastic to deal with, as were his staff. I found Dr. Orrom to be kind, personable, and professional. He really put me at ease about my surgery. His assistant Michelle was also very helpful in answering any questions I had. If you need surgery, you are in excellent hands with Dr. Orrom!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262035].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

very helpful with all questions and gets patients in on the urgency shown by their referals.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262034].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

I've seen Dr. Orrom three times and during each visit he was kind, compassionate and thorough. I had minor surgery yesterday and feel great. The team in his office and at Victoria General Hospital are also fantastic. I think Dr. Orrom is a 'Saint' to do the work he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

EXCELLENT SURGEON that went above and beyond his call of duty. He will always be in my good books.. thank you Dr.Orrom

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262032].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 21, 2011

He is quiet, thorough and sensitive. I complained about one aspect of our care (giving difficult information in inopportune time) and he called me back immediately, expressed his concern and apologized. I would not hesitate to recommend him, both for his skill and knowledge, and beside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262031].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2010

I had a pilonidal sinus excision done by Dr. Orrom. The procedure went well, he used the most current and proven methods for a successful surgery. He is not a social butterfly, nor should he be. So far everything has healed perfectly, and I have absolutely no complaints.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262030].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2010

Amazing d-r. It took 3 emergency drains and 3 unsuccessful surgeries by a general surgeon to appreciate what a true professional can do.I am very surprised by some remarks here. I am sorry you had some poor experience. But hey, he is a human! Not God!He is the best in his profession on the Island, that is for sure!Thank you, D-r Orrom! Will be grateful to you for the rest of my life!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262029].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2010

I have seen Dr Orrom several times and found him to be very friendly and a top notch surgeon. He removed approx 2 feet of bowl due to diverticulitis laprascopically.One incision site became infected and he removed the stitches himself and would not let his nurse do it. He was very concerned and I had weekly visits until infection cleared up and several weeks following. He just performed another colonoscopy and I did not have to wait very long to see him or for the procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262028].votes_count ]]