Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

Rate Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky

Dr. Walter Dobrovolsky's Ratings

I waited for a year on a waiting list to be treated for my TMJD which was due from a dislocation. Was told by my family doctor to keep calling to see if I could be pushed closer than a year. Family doctor prescribed some pain killers for me (which didn't help so I stopped taking them) Dr. D's Assistant was unhelpful in trying to get me in earlier, instead she insisted that I was a drug addict (from my pain killers?) that I stopped taking anyway cause they didn't help. A year later when I did see Dr. D he seemed to be on his assistants "Side" and chalked me up to being a drug addict, which I am not, I had a 2mm mouth opening, I ended up with chronic myofascial pain syndrome. This doctor has never helped me and his assistants are unprofessional, rude and presumptuous. I got more help at Sana Cosmetic Dental & University of Alberta TMJ Chronic Pain Clinic. I wouldn't send my dog there.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262404].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2013

Wow! The lack of compassion was unbelievable. I have extreme dental phobia and he basically belittled me and asked me how I can live life being so afraid. Very uncaring and rude. Tried to tell him that a normal dose of local anesthetic doesn't work and he ignored me and sure enough I wasn't frozen! If you are nervous or scared, he is one to stay away from!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2013

just had jaw surgery so far so good - its only been 17 days still very sore - Dr Dobrovolsky was on time , even early , spent only 2 and a half days at the royal alex , never seen Dr Dobrovolsky while i was at the hospital which i found strange ( there office was closed due to reno's ) instead a ( Dr Brittany Barber ) was at the hospital filling in for Dr Dobrovolsky . I live in grande prairie area which the sugery was in edmonton , also thought Kingsway's office would have called me to see if i need some more medications but they haven't as of yet , starting to run out , very painful where the jaw has been broke on both sides - now shut tight held together with elastics sure hurts to yawn , god help me if i need to sneeze .I hope i will be able to get meds from them for a while longer until i heal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262401].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 30, 2013

Dr. Dobrovolsky helped to reconstruct my jaw after a freak accident that left me deformed. His after care left quite a bit to be desired as his disposition towards human beings is relatively cold. I think he may be suffering from a mental illness that leaves him unable to empathize. Dr. Dobrovolsky and his talents would be unrivaled if only he had the ability to care for others (his patients) and the fear and anxiety they experience. His lack of compassion is troubling.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262400].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2013

I just got my two lower wisdom teeth out today and I could not be happier or more relieved with the outcome. Dr. Dobrovolsky was very friendly and accommodating. I was extremely nervous when I went in and after only a few minutes of speaking with him I felt much more relaxed. My anesthesiologist was also very thorough and accommodating; he put me under very promptly due to my nerves. When I woke up a very friendly nurse was there to greet me and explain that everything went well; when I told her I was in pain she literally RAN to get me pain medicine to inject through intravenous for me and also made she I had an anti-neasau medicine for the drive home. The surgery was done well and my pain and bleeding has been very minimal! My only complaint was the first nurse I spoke to was very abrupt and pushy (I'm assuming she was in a hurry!) which made me more nervous. But all staff after her were wonderful. A definite 4.5 out of 5!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262399].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 15, 2012

Great experience for my first implant. Treated like a king, positive staff and very knowledgeable and skilled Dr. Thx for the great work Dr. D.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262398].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 27, 2012

I saw 3 different oral surgeons before going ahead with complex removal of extra numeral and wisdom teeth. Dr Dobrovolsky was the only one who explained the procedure in detail and addressed all of my concerns, happily spending about 40 minutes (!) of his time to answer my questions. The doctor and his team did a spectacular job, my recovery was quick and virtually painless considering the severity of work done. The surgical nurses were amazing and everyone made me feel very comfortable. Surprisingly, my surgical fee was about 30% lower than what other doctors quoted me for allowing me to use the most out of my insurance. I would recommend dr Dobrovolsky to anyone who is having doubts about their oral surgery. Downsides: long wait times and delays

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262397].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 14, 2012

Found him to be Very informative and pleasant. A real good experience

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262396].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Unfortunately I had complications resulting from the removal of my four wisdom teeth. I developed a dry socket and it was extremely painful. I was required to visit Dr. Dobrovolsky for a week afterwards and I found him to be completely uncaring. He didn't seem the least bit concerned that I was in so much pain. What a horrible experience!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1262402].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2011

Not impressed. I had to have all four of my impacted wisdom teeth removed. After I woke up from surgery, I found out that I had only been out for 23 minutes... This is the shortest amount of time I've heard of for a surgery like this. In addition, after my anesthesia wore off, my front teeth were chipped. I called the Dr.'s office to be informed that they didn't do it and would not pay to have it fixed. I had to go to my dentist and have her call in order to have them accept responsibility. About 3 weeks later, my mouth swelled and an x-ray showed that some bone and pieces of tooth had been left under my gum before the Dr stitched my jaw back up - perhaps because of the short amount of time spent during the surgery??.... By this time, the Dr was on vacation so I had to drive five hours to Edmonton to have an additional surgery. This whole experience became very expensive, and I was very disappointed with the whole chain of events.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1262395].votes_count ]]