Dr. Venumbaka Abaya

Rate Dr. Venumbaka Abaya

Dr. Venumbaka Abaya's Ratings

very little time spent with a push for medication without sufficient history. no involvement with other supports. no collaboration with parents

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2528796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 8, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264204].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2014

we have been seeing Dr. Ababy since my son was 5.. he is 13 now and we are still on the right path. She has done us nothing but good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264201].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 3, 2013

she sucks. pure and simple. every kid that goes to her has the same diagnosis AND the same meds. check around. we spent 3 years ....3 long wasted years listening to her crap and taking her drugs which made my kid psychotic. then she prescribes MORE drugs because omg he must be ODD. no. he isn't add or adhd or add with inattentive tendancies or ODD. she's a quack. he has depression. thanks for causing more damage than good.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1264203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2011

Dr. Abaya is the best doctor I have ever had, hands down. She helped me through the worst experiences of my life and helped me come out the other side when I might not have been able to. She knows exactly what to do to treat her patients, and she doesn't waste any time. She's also incredibly observant, and she remembers everything! I've been going to her for 10 years now, and lets me keep coming back even though she is a child psychiatrist and I am now overage. If I ever am concerned about my health, she is the person I will ask. I completely trust her and her judgement.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264200].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2010

Dr abaya is great ive been dealing with her for the last 5 years, she has done nothing but help my family. Who 2 of my boys have autism. all I can say is she is great:)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264199].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2010

I have been seing her for about 4 months she is very helpful, but does not want to help me with my GID she likes to push things off very intelligent lady and super nice but is kinda arrogant but she is wonderfull with my adhd and odd. would like her to adress all problems jsut not a few.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264198].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2010

Dr Abaya was a life saver for our family, she helped to seal a diagnosis we have been seeking for years, she offered very knowledgable advice about the meds my son is currently taking and others to think about. We went home with alot of good reading and research material which was a huge help. After 7 years of knowing there is a problem with my son and 3 years of school struggles Dr. Abaya finally gave us the info and drive needed to help my son with his life long journey. What a lovely Person she is I only hope more children and their families are blessed by this woman!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 11, 2009

I took my teenage daughter to her when she had come off a week-long **** and was suicidal. Abaya tried to tell me she was ADD and wanted to give her Ritalin, I said no, she just came off a week-long ****, of course she can't sit still and is easily distracted. I told her my daughter had a substance abuse problem and an eating disorder, so what does she do? Prescribes what she called a mood stabilizer which is actually an anti-pyschotic (Zyprexa)NOT cleared for use with teenagers which can be addictive (according to my pharmacist) and cause weight gain and a million other side effects, some of them quite serious. http://pi.lilly.com/us/zyprexa-pi.pdf We never went back and threw away her prescription - my daughter is now a healthy mother of one with another on the way. Make sure you investigate what drugs she wants to put your child on, your pharmacist is a drug expert.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2009

Dr.Abaya has been a life saver for my son, I have been searching for years since he was born for answers to his problems, I've been told that I should stop complaining for having such a good baby, (He never cried, not even for hunger) to being told his problems were my fault... She took her time over several weeks in diagnosing him, with several problems, and hasn't pushed any medications, in fact told my husband and I after giving us information on the meds, that she'd go with whatever we chose, she's extremely informative and forthcoming with the problems, and information on how to improve our situation. She's always been on time with us, very good with speaking to our child, put him at ease, and he said he felt like she respected him, you can't ask for any better of a doctor!!! We're very lucky to have her in Medicine Hat...amongst a bunch of health care providers, that sometimes forget what they're supposed to be doing, which is looking after us...Thank you Dr. Abaya!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1264195].votes_count ]]