Dr. Walter W. Chatham

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 24/09/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Walter W. Chatham has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5558952
13/06/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Chatham for 5 years and I recommend him highly. The office staff has always been helpful and courteous. I have very rarely had to wait very long. Dr Chatham is very knowledgeable and he's always been friendly and helpful, with a great "bedside manner". I have had some strange and confusing symptoms and he's been very helpful explaining things to me. I signed up for the "Patient Portal" so I can email him questions and he has always replied fairly quickly. I also had an issue one Friday afternoon and I called his office right before 5:00 p.m. and he personally called me back within 20 minutes. So, I have nothing good to say about him and his staff!!
RID: 1058770
16/12/09 5 5 5 5 Having been a nurse since 1979, in various settings, private and public sectors, I can say without reservation, that UAB is one of the most organized, efficient, caring, knowledgeable, facilities I have had the pleasure of experiencing. Works like clockwork. With many health issues and having many specialists, I can say without reservation, that Dr. Chatham's knowledge, expertise, ability to diagnose and treat, as well as his desire to help far reaches that of the majority. I would highly recommend and happily make the drive to be able to have him participate in my care. His bedside manner is excellent. He asks the right questions and provides the right answers. I was so impressed with him and the facility that I would consider moving closer and continue my care at UAB and no where else. Finding a physician with the qualities, the continuity of care and the knowledge and concern in our current culture and with our national health care issues is difficult. There is hope. Delighted!  Respond
RID: 884664
11/05/09 5 5 5 5 I drive, happily- I might add, from North Alabama to see Dr. Chatham. He has always answered my questions when asked and has always been honest and pleasant. He has called me personally to check on symptoms and when pregnant with my children, kept as close an eye on me as my OB/GYN.
RID: 770251
22/01/09 5 5 5 5 very knowledgable and helpful. highly reccommend him. we've referred numerous people to him and they have all been pleased.
RID: 559724
07/04/08 5 5 5 5 I have never had a bad experience at Dr. Chatham's office. They are always kind and considerate. He never leaves the room without asking if there is anything else I need to ask. He is usually available if I need him. So far I have no complaints and I have been going to him for several years.
RID: 548442
26/03/08 5 3 5 5 Dr. Chatam is the only doctor that has diagnosed my rare immune disorder correctly. I am very grateful. I had gotten incorrect or no diagnoses from a number of doctors at UAB, but thanks to Dr. Chatam I have the right diagnosis. I found him to be very knowledgable.
RID: 493101
24/01/08 3 4 2 3 This Dr. has no bedside manners and it takes forever to get the results back from your test and then its a letter you can't read.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 442011
10/11/07 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chatham was very kind and helpful on my office visit. He didn't seem to be in a hurry to get to another patient. He answered all my questions that I wanted answered.He also called me about the blood work that he ordered to be done.I don't see how anyone could say he is a bad doctor.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 353487
25/06/07 4 2 2 Doesn't tell you much and is not friendly.  Respond
RID: 216964
20/03/07 3 2 3 I was seen the first time with many questions. He looked at my chart, told me what he thought it was, and gave me time to tell him how I was feeling. But it ended there. He ordered more tests and it has been a month with no word. I called and his assistant said he is behind but would mail me his recommendations. What???? He can't bother to phone me, or have his "assistant" tell me? You are herded around like cattle in his office, and if you have any questions, forget it. If you like a personable doctor, who seems to care about his patients, don't go here. I will not be returning.
* - Rating left by a registered user