Rate Dr. Jeffrey Aronoff

Dr. Jeffrey Aronoff's Ratings

The wait time put the time I spent with Dr. Aronoff to shame (e.g. the wait was long and the receptionists had more personality). Regardless, I do like to feel like I'm the center of the doctor's attention and that I am being well cared for: I felt neither at this office. Worse yet? My 5-ish minutes with this doctor inevitably cost me ~$350 WITH insurance. Turns out it all comes down to billing codes. I had the EXACT same tests fully covered elsewhere by another in-network provider and when I called this doctor's office for assistance I was offered misinformation and confusion over a period of many months. I was also repetitively told the doctor knew about my issue and "was working on it," which translated into my receiving a two-sentence "letter of necessity" some 7 MONTHS AFTER MY APPOINTMENT. Given the lack of effort and attention, it probably comes as no surprise that my insurance appeal was denied. My advice? AVOID. The patient comes last here.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544147].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 17, 2014

In 2005 I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. Before the surgery I had a colonoscopy with Dr. Aronoff, who is a colorectal surgeon. He was warmly friendly, communicative and informative. My gyn had asked, without telling me, Dr. Aronoff to perform the radical hysterectomy. The cancer turned out to be late stage, an additional cancer was unexpectedly discovered, fallopian tube cancer, and I had massive adhesions in my abdominal cavity from previous surgeries. In spite of gynecological cancer not being listed as his specialty, Dr. Aronoff did an exceptional, brilliant job and, basically saved my life. In my opinion, he is a gifted surgeon, who is capable of authentic empathy. He's unpretentious, informative, caring. A gem of a doctor in NYC (and I have seen dozens). He is connected with Lenox Hill Hospital, which is not as good as Cornell Weill on 68th and York. Still, if you have a complicated surgery in your abdominal cavity I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544146].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 21, 2013

Superb surgeon. Dr. Aronoff put me at ease and throughly described the procedure I was to undergo. My operation, while complex, was entirely successful. i recommend him highly. I could not be more pleased.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544145].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

My first surgeon. The best sense of humor and so compassionate.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544144].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2012

Dr. Aronoff is fantastic. I went for a routine colonscopy yesterday and I was scared to death. He was so nice, so calm and his "bedside manner" wonderful. I was not apprehensive for a second and his entire staff was lovely as well. If you can all this particular procedure a wonderful experience then I definitely had one with Dr. Aronoff and staff. Top rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544143].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 20, 2009

Dr. Aronoff is fabulous. Sensitive, patient. Explains everything. Puts you at ease. Staff is terrific.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544142].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 28, 2009

Such a great doc. Understanding, thorough, low-intervention whenever possible, understands women's health concerns very very well.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544141].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2009

I went to Dr. Aronoff for something that had been bothering me for a long time. He diagnosed me and two weeks later I had surgery. He prepared me for surgery really well. Eventually I was in MUCH LESS pain than I had anticipated. A couple of times after the surgery I left messages on his voicemail with some questions. He promptly called me back and advised me on the next steps. A very helpful person. And he has a very good sense of humor too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544140].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 30, 2008

I went to Aronoff for an issue that he quickly diagnosed, which required a return visit for outpatient surgery. Before the surgery I had questions, and after leaving a message Dr Aronoff called me back and spoke with me for at least 30 minutes explaining every detail of the procedure. Before, during and after the procedure his manner was excellent. Highly competent physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][544139].votes_count ]]