Dr. Ellen M. Jenkins

Grad. Year: 1985

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 09/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Ellen M. Jenkins has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Rheumatologist-related: rheumatic diseases, musculoskeletal problems, scleroderma, musculoskeletal pain, arthritis, systemic lupus erythematosus, polymyositis, Raynaud's phenomenon, vasculitis, connective tissue diseases, rheumatic fever
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.5

09/07/12 SYSTEM: Specialty changed from "Internist" to "Rheumatologist"
RID: 2340636
09/07/12 4 5 5 5 Dr Jenkins has Dr Call in time from 8-8:45 each morning for consultation. I have been a patient for many years. I have an auto-immune desease and my Nephrology specialist recommended her from a list of doctors. She is a board-certified internist and rheumatologist. She has worked well with my other specialists.
Insurance: CIGNA
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Ellen" to "Ellen M."
RID: 1516242
18/08/11 4 5 5 5 I'm a longtime patience and can't imagine going to another doctor.
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 893262
21/05/09 1 3 2 1 I was billed by a doctor I never saw, and, when I complained, I received a belligerent letter from the billing office dismissing me as a patient. Dr. Jenkins never remembered anything about me, and my prescriptions were often misdosed. I went to her three times about a circular rash on my arm before she told me it was skin cancer. It took two visits for her to completely freeze it off, and I still am not sure it was skin cancer rather than a rash.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 853774
06/04/09 5 5 5 5 Patiently answered all questions & great bedside manner!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 356924
30/06/07 4 3 5 5 Not an alarmist, but very thorough. Big on patient education. Spends a lot of time taking history and symptoms.
Insurance: Anthem
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 216462
20/03/07 1 1 1 She and her staff are so awful. They don't want to help people and it just amazes me that they are in the medical field.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield