Dr. Brad Kates

Rate Dr. Brad Kates

Dr. Brad Kates's Ratings

The staff is rude and very bad about returning calls. That being said, the rating is about the doctor and he is one of the best! Punctuality depends on the number of emergencies he needs to attend to but normally it is reasonable. Going to an opthalmolagist is not like most doctors. Readings must be taken and then the pupils dialated. This take time. Suggest you take a good (large-print) book with you. By the time your eyes can't focus, it's nearly time to see the doctor. Once you are in, the examination is thorough and he demonstrates great knowledge and concern for his patients. He doesn't hesitate to bring you back in if you are trying a new prescription and aren't comfortable with it. I've been working for a few months on a custom view pair of glasses for me and he's been great about it. I would definitely recommend this doctor.

Submitted Feb. 20, 2012 | flag

Dr Kates office is RUDE - they never answer their phones, they do not follow up and their concern is NOT for their patients! I would NOT recommend this doctor as he has a very disorganized practice that cares very little for his patients! Stay away!

Submitted Feb. 10, 2012 | flag

Took care of the problem! We had some issues but he was thorough and dealt with them

Submitted Feb. 1, 2012 | flag

Great doctor, very knowledgable best I have gone to so far. Highly Recommended

Submitted Dec. 17, 2011 | flag

I can't say enough good things about Dr Kates ....He is just great....I don't mind the wait, because then he takes his time with each person...a 10 rating for him...

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

Càn't begin to say enough good is things...yes there usually a bit of a wait bùt the staff is friendly and Dr kates is amazing and worth the wait!

Submitted July 6, 2011 | flag

I don't mind the wait.The doctor has to spend as much quality time as needed with each patient to make sure he or she is given a good quality care.Any minute I'm delayed is another minute given to another person who is in need. I have been to OCC at Mississauga where you and a hundred other patients are in and out of the office in 1 hour. Just fall in line and the doctor is done with you in less than tick...tick..tick.. a minute!!No time even to ask questions. I have seen both sides, and I have a choice. Every visit I make,I just block 3 hours of my precious time for my precious eyes!

Submitted Oct. 5, 2010 | flag

He is a very knowledgeable doctor and he helped me with my eye porblems. Bring an ipod and the wait passes by. Messy room but very helpful.

Submitted Dec. 21, 2009 | flag

I have never been critical of doctors; my father was one &I have always admired them for their many years of education and the responsibility their vocation carries. I can't comment a great deal on Dr. Kates staff as I was in his office only once - all other visits were at the hospital. I won't comment on the long wait times either as I blame this on our government. So that brings me to the doctor himself. I have an eye disease that makes it very hard to see the printed word, much like macular degeneration but it's not that. I work in I.T. and spend my entire work day either in front of a computer screen or working on spreadsheets. I leave work often (I'm 61)in tears because I can't do my work. So, there are a few reasons that I have asked my opthamoligist to refer me to another specialist but the main one is this.. Kates would simply ask me to read an eye chart and then say that I was seeing "just fine". What about the lines not being straight, the missing words, the puckered lines....

Submitted Nov. 9, 2009 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr Kates for 6yrs. Initially extreemly impressed with his ability, manner and his staff. Recently things have changed. He appears to be rushed, this could be his staff overbooking / doublebooking appointments, expect at least a 2hr wait at the hospital. The receptionists at his office give the impression that its almost too much trouble to talk to you. As a specialist he is great, he is let down by his staff, they need to smarten up.

Submitted Oct. 29, 2009 | flag