Dr. Mira Barman

Rate Dr. Mira Barman

Dr. Mira Barman's Ratings

I have been seeing Dr Barman for abt 10yrs, maybe one of her first patients. She has grown in confidence since then. I find that she actively listens and never dismisses my concerns. She takes her time with you, you never feel rushed. She is always thoughtful about making you comfortable- e.g. the pap smear which I hate. She doesn't reprimand me or make me feel stupid although I have repeatedly failed to follow through on tests or taken medication. She has always referred me to excellent specialists and once, when I had a terrible specialist, she referred me to a 2nd one who was excellent.She follows through on my requests. I do find it odd that she googles things as we talk, but I don't expect her to remember everything. I think what she does is scan through the information to ensure she hasn't missed anything and I find that reassuring. I would do that as well if someone asked me a question. As for Rose, the receptionist, I think she is wonderful. She always finds a time for me.

Submitted June 12, 2014 | flag

This was my first time seeing Dr. Barman. I thought she was amazing. She took the time to talk to me, really get to know me, and explain some things to me in detail. She was calm, and very well spoken. I found her very polite and empathetic when she needed to be. I have always been very nervous going to the doctor, but she managed to make me very comfortable.

Submitted June 14, 2013 | flag

I have been with Dr. Mira Barman for 10 years. I know she is an amazing family doctor! She is dedicated and has always followed up with personal calls to make sure me and and family are doing well after appointments.

Submitted Jan. 11, 2011 | flag

I feel badly for other patients who may have had a bad experience with Dr. B, but I love her! She has always been very good to me and my family and returns my calls if I need to speak with her. As for the receptionist, I was really surprised to see people posting that she wasn't friendly or smiled or that she was rude, all I ever see her do when I go in for an appointment is smile and I always found her to have a calming effect when I call the office. I'm sure that most of you people don't smile all the time either. I'm sure it can't be easy dealing with several calls a day of the many needy people who want everything yesterday I know I wouldn't be able to do it. Maybe they should have a rate your patient website for the medical people so medical staff could see hops from doctor to doctor and are difficult to deal with.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2011 | flag

I have been Dr. Barman's patient for many many years and find her to be a terrific doctor. She is not one to push pills but does take a little time to see if something develops. Does not give pills for virus' as they do not help. Refers to specialists when required, excellent listening skills and compassionate. Have moved from the city but keep her as my doctor. Always on time or within 10 minutes. Would refer friends and family to her if she was taking new patients.

Submitted Dec. 17, 2010 | flag

I think Dr. barman is a great doctor. I can always get in, in a timely manner and I feel comfortable raising concerns.

Submitted Oct. 1, 2010 | flag

Have been seeing her for the past 10 years, but other than my physical, I have rarely had to go in. When I do go in, she is usually on time and fairly knowledgeable. My deterrent from calling in would be her rude receptionist, who is never friendly or smiles and she often gives her opinion when I say why I'm coming in.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2010 | flag

Wasn't pleased with Dr Barman. Went for a physical and she made a big deal about how she warms up the speculum under water to make it more comfortable. Well she actually warmed it up too much - it was hot! Not pleasant to say the least. Also, she wanted me to join her family health team roster because she said she gets more money from the government that way. Classy.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

I feel very similar to other patients, in that Dr. Barman is very nice, but she doesn't seem to be interested in me or my concerns. After many years of going to her, I still feel uncomfortable, like I am not taken seriously. I recently went to a Naturopath and couldn't believe how understanding, caring she was in comparison...I wish I could switch completely but I can't cover the costs. I want a doctor who goes above and beyond, but I often feel that OHIP rules and reg. stop many doctors from doing their job.

Submitted Jan. 25, 2010 | flag

You need to advocate your own health with Dr. B. She's nice, but you have to do your own homework and diagnose yourself, or push her to. After a few years with her, I figured that out and now we're OK. But you have to be very explicit: tell her that the reason you're telling her something is that it's a problem for you that you want her to help with. Otherwise, she seems to think you're only making conversation. (Although I've noticed an improvement in the past few years. She's a bit quicker to take things seriously.)

Submitted Dec. 18, 2009 | flag