Rate Dr. Jason Min

Dr. Jason Min's Ratings

The fertility clinics' support staff is amazing, but if I had the option, I would request to change to another physician at the clinic. He is late, always late; and by this I mean that at our last appointment he was over an hour late and didn't even acknowledge this fact when he came into the room. He asks vague questions and when I have asked for clarification we attempt to fumble our way though answers, he laughs at us. He gave verbal dosing instructions on medications he prescribed, and when I said I wanted to write it down, he laughed and said "I sure hope you can remember this", which I didn't, and ended up maxing my dosage in 1 week instead of 4. Maybe he is trying to make light of the situation but this is a pretty stressful time in our lives and making fun of patients isn't helpful, and if I am feeling anxious and like I might not remember something, he should feel it is more important to get the dosing right than to make fun of someone. He provided us with 3 treatment options considering potentially inconclusive tests (instead of repeating simple blood tests), but my GP had told me of other options beforehand, and that is the treatment I am undergoing, not any of his that pushed towards what would cost us out of pocket. If you are being referred to this clinic, I recommend requesting a physician other than him; but then again, relatively speaking, he could be the best here considering that he's the only one we have seen. That would be scary but not surprising as many specialists don't seem to be interested in much more than making money.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2502852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 18, 2014

I have been at this clinic for 3yrs now. It started off a great experience. .but after trying 5 times..one gets a little discouraged. Dr min has stayed positive thru it but him as well as the rest of the staff need to improve on their professional approach. This is a super sensitive time for anyone going thru this and by time number 5 after $50 000 later phone calls are not returned promptly, directions by nurses are lacking detail and consistency. .I only know this bc its been 5x. The clinic was amazing to start but sure have lost that caring touch....maybe too busy for the staff they have?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2483180].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 30, 2014

Dr min is amazing....i love dr min ...the first day we saw him was our luckiest day ever i recomond to every one looking for dr....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 17, 2013

Poor patient experience from the onset. The administration of this clinic is a nightmare. Lack of communication skills and procedures will drive your emotions high and even enrage you. They know you are desperate to have their services so just don't care. Build yourself up before entering this facility. Please complain to the AHS and your MLA to try and force this organization to improve.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 14, 2013

Dr. Min was not the doctor assigned to my file but I've met with him plenty of times anyway and I couldn't be more happy. I feel so very fortunate to have had Dr. Min taking care of me. He is very knowledgeable, frank, honest but very very caring. He officially 'graduated' me from the program today after a successful 7 week ultrasound. Dr. Min has gone above and beyond and I was actually a little bit sad to be 'graduating' from the program as I truly have found all the doctors, especially Dr. Min, to offer exceptional care. I couldn't have wished for better when it comes to a doctor. Truly exceptional!!Oh, and yes, even though we went ahead with IVF I don't AT ALL feel that it was ever 'sold' to us! We were offered all sorts of other treatment (ONLY if the doctor thought it might be successful) and even tried other treatment. Dr. Min was supportive all the way through and very, very helpful!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267888].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

A very frustrating experience at a very frustrating time in our lives. The clinic does not return phone calls punctually, and we received different instructions from different staff members, which, in the end, delayed our ability to begin fertility treatments by 3 months. The Calgary regional fertility clinic was extremely slow to get a referral, and then to get an appointment, and then to get tests and get another appointment to get test results.... It has been very long and drawn-out process, and has taken well over a year with no treatment yet began. The doctors seem overworked, and very rushed - we felt like we had very little time to ask questions and get answers. Overall, a terrible experience and am looking forward to it all being over.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267887].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

I am currently waiting to start IVF and Dr. Min is our RE. He has been great and I feel very fortunate that he is our doctor. I find him to be candid, informative, sensitive, and respectful. My mom is a doctor and she has been impressed by everything I've told her about what Dr. Min says and how he acts. I hope that through his expertise we're able to realize our dream of becoming parents.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267886].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2013

I've only had the pleasure of working with Dr. Min, not being a patient, and have found him the most friendliest of the many OBGYNs we work with. He is always the most caring to his patients and seems like a very good hearted person. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a fertility doctor, although I have never been a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267885].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

I feel very lucky to have Dr. Min as my RE. He knows his stuff and he is extremely kind.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1267884].votes_count ]]