Rate Dr. Mark M Sklar

Dr. Mark M Sklar's Ratings

I am a personal friend of the Sklar family and have dr Sklar as my primary doctor. He is an amazing doctor and even better person. He truly cares about all his patients and invests his time in you. For these people that complain about how things are changing with results coming back slower and what not...the medical industry has changed for doctors and they have to do a lot more to make less money than they did before! Give them the benefit of the doubt and think about both sides of it!! If you want a doctor who cares...he's your guy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2534036].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 12, 2014

I VISITED DR. SKLAR ON FEBRUARY 6, 2013. FOR THROID PROBLEMS. THE STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND HELPFUL. DR. SKLAR SPENT AT LEAST 2 HOURS WITH ME, BECAUSE I AM A DIFFICULT PATIENT. I KNEW A LOT ABOUT MY BODY, AND THE PROFESSIONAL TERMS. I THINK DR. SKLAR WAS TAKEN BACK, BY THE AMOUNT OF MEDICAL KNOWLEDGE I KNEW. HE IS AN AWESOME DOCTOR, IN MY OPINION. HE IS A KEEPER. BARBARA W.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112475].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 9, 2013

This is more about the staff his "receptionist" than the Dr. My husband and I called several times to make an appointment with Dr. Sklar and each time got the voicemail. We would leave messages but never received a call back. After three weeks of this, I spent an afternoon calling and calling and finally a person answered. She told me that the Dr. did not have any appointments for new patients until July (we were calling between Feb and March). In other words we wasted almost a month trying to see this doctor we had heard wonderful things about only to find out that his office could careless about people, my husband is very sick and needs to see a good doctor. They could have called us back the first time my husband left a message and we could have moved on. I have never been so frustrated and disappointed in my entire life. In my opinion, not having the courtesy to call back a potential patient is just as bad as giving poor care. No one calls a doctor just for the heck of it-they do it for a good reason.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2112474].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Sklar for several years. I recently had an appointment and noticed something that has been creeping in for a year now. He used to call with results sooner; bills were always timely and accurate and if I had to change an appointment I could get one relatively easily. All of that has changed. He is clearly seeing too many patients now. The staff is moody and often gruff. Bills come haphazardly. You have to ask for things twice and after over a decade, I can never seem to get an appointment. One thing that is very weak about this other great doc is that he does not seem to understand loyalty to people who were there at the beginning, when he was a younger struggling nobody. He is smart and very compassionate, but the practice is not what it used to be.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112473].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

I saw Dr. Sklar for several years until recently, and judged him to be a fine doctor. However, in 2008, he neglected to notify me that he would no longer be accepting my insurance. At my last appointment, the front-office person said to me at check-in, "You have a $20 co-pay; would you like to pay it now?" which I did, so of course, I was quite surprised, soon thereafter, to receive a bill from Dr. Sklar showing a balance, which my insurance had always paid before. Not only did I not receive an apology from Dr. Sklar or his staff for this oversight, but I received an insulting letter from his office manager, followed most recently by a threat to turn the bill over to a collection agency. The amount is not huge, but this is a matter of principle. If I had been informed that Dr. Sklar would no longer be accepting my insurance, I would have found another doctor. I have since done so. I thought we had a good doctor-patient relationship, but I never even received so much as an apology.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2112472].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Sklar for over a decade. He is very thorough, thoughtful and a good listener. He is willing to try alternatives and is helpful with nutrition. He spends alot of time with you! As a cancer survivor I appreicate his dedication. He calls with test results even if they are normal/good, and does so promptly. Staff issue is weird. I think the front desk guy is fine. He is always polite to me buy yes he can be a bit gruff. The nurse is kind, sweet but sometimes her English seems off. The doctor does not really seem to match his staff, but I am not sure I care about that since he is unsually good at what he does.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112471].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

Dr. Sklar himself is great and takes his time with patients. However I do agree with the previous comment about his front desk guy. He is very rude and unprofessional, but yes Dr. Sklar is well worth it.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2112470].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2008

I have been seeing Dr Sklar since 1997 when he diagnosed me with diabetes. Thanks to him I am healthy and my diabetes is under control. He has been there for me through several medical and personal crisis and was very considerate when my husband died. I pass numerous medical facilities on my way to see him in the District but I would not consider seeing anyone else. Dr Sklar makes you feel like you matter to him. He is an excellent physician and a good friend.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112469].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 9, 2008

He is very nice and knowledgeable and calming. He helped me through thyroid cancer and hypothyroidism. He also personally calls with results and always asks if you have questions. His staffers are a mixed bag, though -- don't let the front desk guy turn you off -- Dr. Sklar is worth it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112468].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 13, 2008

Really nice man, and very smart. Will personally call you and listen to your concerns. He definitely knows what he is talking about.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2112466].votes_count ]]