Dr. Randall C. Dunn

Grad. Year: 1980

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 27/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Randall C. Dunn has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Reproductive Endocrinologist-related: infertility, fertility, reproductive endocrinology, in vitro fertilization, fertilisation
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5576587
24/06/14 2 5 5 5 Dr Dunn is excellent. precision, precision, precision!!! His diagnosys is followed by accurate reporting on health condition, backed by facts and numbers. I was never serious about having a child and finally decided to have one. We consulted Dr Dunn as I was hitting 40. He is very patient, listens to all the fears and takes everything so seriously. HE has been extremely lucky for me, bcoz I concieved naturally, after a few months of consulting him and though I was preparing myself for an IVF, we were relieved that it was all natural and I was pregnant. Doc was so supportive, even though he knew that he lost my IVF case. I recommend him strongly. His staff need to improve. they are attimes rude, and dont return calls on time.
RID: 2681989
18/06/13 2 4 4 4 Dr. Dunn was fantastic. The office has communication problems. The nursing staff, billing and records seem not to communicate with each other nor their patients. All the trouble I had with the staff truly put a poor light on the excellence of Dr. Dunn.  Respond
RID: 2676643
11/06/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dunn and his staff was really good! Dr. Dunn has great bedside manners. I was axious that I have advanced maternal age but he really did a great jop! He never hurry up but always polite and calm! I suggest him anyone who has fertility issues. Thank you Dr. Dunn.
RID: 2608230
04/04/13 2 2 1 2 He just cares his IVF patients. He doesn't care regular patients and high-risk patients. We called him but there was no response.
RID: 2516968
31/12/12 5 5 5 5 He gives time to explain and listens to you. He has great bed side manners and he is honest! He really whats to help. Thank you Dr. Dunn
Paid (or co-pay): $60
RID: 2214136
07/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Dunn is the BEST; he truly cares about his patients. My husband and I unfortunately were seeing another fertility doctor for 2 years before finding Dr. Dunn. He diagnosed our problem in a matter of weeks! LOVE LOVE LOVE this doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Randall" to "Randall C."
RID: 1684845
12/01/12 5 5 5 5 Amazing staff amazing DOCTOR!! Beginning IVF#1 and couldn't feel better about it!! And his bedside manner is GReAT!! Very compassionate! I can't say enough good things about him and his staff!! If u are looking for RE he is your guy!!! Do a little research! It's easy to have high success rates when u will not treat any difficult patients! Dr Dunn will and CAN!
RID: 1561162
14/10/11 5 4 5 5 I've had 3 fertility docs and Dr Dunn is exceptional. Got pregnant with all the docs, but with Dr. Dunn, I'm now 7 months pregnant, which is the furtherest I've ever gone. More importantly, because I am PCOS, he is very skilled and I did not hyperstimulate (which I did with my first pregnancy). I've asked around and all the nurses and docs think he is among the best. It is true, you don't see him at every appointment (e.g., when you get an egg scan),but he is always monitoring your hormones. It's like that with every fertility doc I've seen. The difference is that Dr. Dunn is highly skilled, has your best interests, and is compassionate. I can't say enough wonderful things about this doctor.
RID: 1303229
29/11/10 2 3 2 3 He has very bad bedside manners. He told me that he could just sit there and take our money but he did not feel like he could help us. He has a very high success rate and it felt like he just didn't want to mess that up. Wow... he didn't even want to try. My husband and I wanted to try anyway but after experiencing his bedside manner we no longer trusted him and didn't feel comfortable with him any longer.
RID: 1264745
04/10/10 1 3 1 3 My husband and I felt like a number. We never saw the doctor. I HIGHLY recommend seeing anyone, but him.
Paid (or co-pay): $16000
RID: 1130664
18/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Dunn is excellent. Very good bedside manner, and explains options thoroughly so you are sure to understand them.
RID: 1127168
13/03/10 3 5 5 5 We loved Dr. Dunn. He is very compassionate and knowledgeable. He listens to your needs and concerns and while he takes a conservative approach, he'll modify his recommendations based on your preferences. My only feedback about his office was sometimes the nurses and staff weren't very thorough when explaining procedures and next steps. I feel like they are so close to their work, they forget that patients new to infertility treatments are clueless and need lots of information and hand holding. There were several times when I had to call the nursing staff with follow up questions because I realized I didn't have complete information. That being said, they always called me back the same day and were willing to answer all my questions. We had great success with Dr. Dunn and are expecting twins. I would definitely recommend him to a friend.
RID: 1022329
30/10/09 5 5 5 5 We came to Dr. Dunn after being given the run around by another fertility specialist. Dr. Dunn diagnosed me during the first visit (using bloodwork and ultrasounds done by the prior doctor) and started treatment immediately. He addressed the fact that I have endometriosis and completed a Lap surgery and then proceeded with fertility treatment. He supplies good information and statistics so you can make your own decision regarding treatment. He is very honest and sincere. I am still undergoing treatment, but I appreciate his honesty and attempt to do what is best for his patients.
RID: 950182
29/07/09 4 3 5 5 Dr. Dunn. When I first met him I was put off. Then I kept going back because he sparked my interest. Then I liked him because of his honesty. I followed his plan and completed IVF. Now, my twins are 2 1/2 years old. So, Dr. Dunn is the man! He'll be honest, he'll take care of you, and he makes miracles happen. I recommend him -always- to anyone having difficulty getting pregnant. He is truly amazing!  Respond
RID: 686803
18/09/08 5 4 5 5 I'd had 3 failed hormonal injectibles cycles and 4 failed IUIs. The previous doctor never found anything wrong with us. Yet she was gently pushing us to the "big gun" treatment plans.I remember having horrific shooting pains during some of my treatment cycles. Those pains were always dismissed and disregarded by that doctor and her staff. When we finally fired Houston Infertility Clinic we got referred to Dr. Dunn by some church friends. Just by looking at our medical records he diagnosed me with mild to severe endo.He didn't just seem knowledgeable, he was knowledgeable. He performed my laporoscopy 4 weeks ago and confirmed endo/stage 3. I just want to say THANK YOU,Dr. Dunn, for being a DOCTOR not a businessman. Thank you for giving us a very possible answer to our infertility situation. I'm not pregnant yet but even if I don't ever get to have my own child I'll always think and speak highly of Dr. Dunn who's willing to diagnose first and only then come up with a treatment plan.
RID: 439900
06/11/07 5 4 5 5 We love Dr. Dunn and Nurse Honey! Dr. D is very compassionate and has GREAT bedside manners. He nearly cried along with us when he broke the news that are baby had died (9weeks) from our 1st IVF cycle. I will never forget him being so sad along with us. We haven't had success again on our FET or ivf#2 so we are probably moving on BUT only because I think change is good. Both my husband and I always felt important when we'd walk in through those doors. We were explained everything in simple terms even when we'd ask the same questions over and over. Dr. D was patient with us. Love him!
RID: 439067
04/11/07 5 3 5 5 I would recommend Dr. Dunn to anyone who is having fertility issues. He is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable. He is able to explain your options easily and provide statistics and facts to help you make reproductive decisions. His staff is very professional and really work hard to accomodate a large number of patients. With his help my husband and I were able to have a son and are now trying to get pregnant again.
RID: 372409
24/07/07 1 1 1 3 Awful staff and doctor, treat you like a baby factory with no individual attention or even familiarity with your individual case! Disgusted with this office and happy to have fired them!!!
RID: 40807
14/08/06 3 4 4 HIS TREATMENT PLAN FOR ME IS VERY CONSERVATIVE, AND GRADUAL. I'M STILL WAITING TO HAVE BABY TIL NOW.
RID: 33534
26/06/06 4 5 5 Dr. Dunn is amazing. He is a Tube Specialist. When 2 dr's told me that my tubes were unable to be blocked. Dr. Dunn did it and I was able to conceive within 3 months. He is my hero. I plan to go back for a Donor cycle real soon !!!  Respond
RID: 31326
31/05/06 4 5 5 I LOVE Dr. Dunn!! After leaving my first two doctors because of insufficient care, I went to Dr. Dunn and experienced nothing but genuine warmth and professionalism from him. Within two months of treatment we were pregnant!!
Insurance: Humana
RID: 8217
13/06/05 3 5 5 I think the only reason Dr. Dunn is always late is because he is willing to take the time to make sure you understand the diagnosis and the treatment options. I would HIGHLY recommend him to ANYONE with infertility issues!  Respond
RID: 8215
13/06/05 2 5 5 Dr. Dunn is an outstanding specialist. In just a few short months, he diagnosed me, treated me and I had conceived twins. It was bittersweet to leave him -- we were glad to be pregnant, sad to be leaving his care! Dr. Dunn is an OUTSTANDING specialist!
Insurance: Humana