Rate Dr. Derek Fewer

Dr. Derek Fewer's Ratings

Dr fewer saved my life back in 2006 he gave me a 2nd chance at life! So greatful

Submitted Jan. 30, 2014 | flag

I have had 2 spinal cord surgeries with Dr Fewer. He was extremely thourough, professional, and caring. Aftern both surgeries he would visit me in recovery for many days on his way home to see how I was doing. He was always very honest and straight forward. I highly recommend him.

Submitted April 12, 2013 | flag

You will never find a kinder, more competent neurosurgeon anywhere. From brain surgeries to disc removal, his skill and compassion are second to none.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2013 | flag

Met with Dr Fewer on a number of occasions. I was scheduled to have the Gamma Knife procedure in late December of this year. I found Dr Fewer to be very professional and caring. He took the time to explain everything to me carefully and clearly and even reviewed previous imaging results with me. My wife and I could sense the passion this doctor had for his field of work and felt so comfortable and grateful that we had him performing this procedure. It will take some time for the Gamma Knife procedure to do what we hope it can do ....but we remain optimistic. Again we are so grateful for the excellent care and followup I have experienced from the Neurosurgery team at Health Sciences.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

Dr. Fewer performed my back surgery which was a 100% success (which is very uncommon) I was assessed, and had my surgery performed in less than 3 months (which would have been 2 months but I could not get the time away from work). His staff is awesome and explained everything well, and returned calls in an acceptable time frame.

Submitted Nov. 24, 2011 | flag

after having the pleasure of meeting Dr Fewer due to my wife having a brain tumour,our follow up with him was very dissapointing with his statement "if it ain't broke don't fix it " i think that he is too old to make informed decisions and when called he does not return calls to give explinations for his decisions he leaves people feeling helpless and depressed ,to my knowledge brain tumours are serious business and should be left to physicians that take their jobs seriously.very cavalier

Submitted Aug. 10, 2011 | flag

He was very rude due to the fact I was a smoker. However, he's an excellent neurosurgeon and I would highly recommend him, my back surgery was a success.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2010 | flag

One of the best doctor experiences I have ever had. Explained procedure, was very professional and personable. Highly recommend. Excellent staff. Excellent follow up.

Submitted March 4, 2010 | flag

Dr. Fewer did a C1 decompression on me in July, bit disappointed my family did not see him before surgery, but all in all I am able to type this without pain and am almost finished my rehab and will be able to get back to work as a secretary within the next couple of weeks. THANKS!!!

Submitted Sept. 9, 2009 | flag

HE IS JUST TOO BUSY TO GET IN WITHIN A FEW MONTHS, A DR. THAT IS THAT BUSY CANNOT MAKE A PATIENT FEEL LIKE THEY ARE GETTING GOOD CARE,, YRS AGO HE LOOK AFTER ME AND HE WAS 200 % FOR ME THE PATIENT, BUT NOW YOU FEEL LIKE A NUMBER

Submitted Aug. 23, 2009 | flag