Rate Dr. Robert P. Albergo

Dr. Robert P. Albergo's Ratings

Dr. Albergo is probably a good dermatologist. Certainly his credentials indicate so. My needs were minimal, and the service he provided me matched that. But his staff, in 2011 and 2012, when I visited the office, was terrible. They ignored me; they lost my chart; they failed to communicate with me and the pharmacist adequately; they "dropped the ball." I told Dr. Albergo that his staff served neither him nor me well. He brushed aside my concern. Nothing changed. The second time I scolded him about his staff to no avail was the last time. There will be no third chance.

Submitted March 19, 2014 | flag

I find Dr. Albergo to be extremely knowlegible, courteous and friendly. Unlike other docs I know he did not rush me but took plenty of time to tell me what the problems were and the options for treatment. His staff was outstanding too being very professional in every way. My treatment turned out well and I would refer my friends and family to Dr. Albergo any time as he is an excellent doctor.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2012 | flag

Exam room is dingy, dirty, tiny, badly lit. Don't be fooled by the nice waiting area, once you walk into the exam room it is night and day. Chair had tons of nasty stains. Tray with some instruments was sitting out not even covered; who knows how many patients have touched it? Dr Albergo wore street clothes, no white coat, nothing sterile. No gloves in sight. He examined me with bare hands touching my face and body - I don't want to contract someone else's skin disease. Spent 45 seconds glancing at my many moles, did not examine individual ones, did not look with a magnifying glass like other doctors. Carpet in an office where bodily fluids and infectius waste is handled??? Crowded place, huge patient volume, questionable cleanliness, all about profit.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2011 | flag

What an amazing doctor! I actually feel so comfortable with Dr. Albergo that I ask him about other health issues too (although he always reminds me that he is looking at my skin). His candor and honesty is so genuine that it would be hard not to truly appreciate this rare gem in the medical world.

Submitted Oct. 11, 2011 | flag

I have nothing but good things to say about Dr. Albergo's office. In 12 sessions he removed half a dozen plantar warts I had had on my foot for over 10 years and three other dermatologists had failed using their freezing and burning methods - the warts always came back and treatment was painful. Dr. Albergo removed them with immunotherapy over a few months. I should never get them again now as my body developed immunity against them. This method was painless and super-effective! I can't say enough about how thankful I am for Dr. Albergo's professional skills and knowledge. He always made me feel like I was in the best hands. He knows his stuff and doesn't waste your time. I was always seen within 10 minutes of my actual appointment time, sometimes even earlier than planned. All his staff was helpful and courteous and I can recommend this office to everyone.

Submitted June 15, 2011 | flag

I normally see the PA, Tim Shaner. He is an oUtstanding practitioner, and I've sent many people to him. Can't say enough good things about Tim.

Submitted May 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. Albergo is extremely intelligent. He and his staff are excellent. They take the time to LISTEN to you. I was recommended to him by a friend and am now recommending him to others.

Submitted Nov. 22, 2010 | flag

I had an emergency with my teenager (any parent would know that acne with a teenager is an emergency). We were worked in immediately given the emotional situation for my son and Dr. Albergo was outstanding. Now my whole family are patients of his. I would not go to any other doctor. He is not only extremely knowledgeable, but he really cares about his patients and gets fantastic results that one cannot find any place else.

Submitted Jan. 12, 2010 | flag

I brought my 5yr old daughter in to see Dr. Albergo at the age of 5yrs old. She had a condition that no one could diagnose. Dr. Albergo diagnosed her immediately and was wonderful with her! I am taking my son to see him next week. I will go no where else.

Submitted July 8, 2009 | flag

Disrespectful to 12 yr old patient. Insulted physical appearance, called patient wrong name and did not improve patients dermatology problem.

Submitted May 2, 2008 | flag