Rate Dr. Byron Wong

Dr. Byron Wong's Ratings

There aren't words to describe the sincerity and compassionate care I have received from Dr Wong and Dr Looverer

Submitted Aug. 13, 2014 | flag

Major decline in service over the past few years. I have tried to get my kids in to see Dr. Wong on numerous occasions only to be told, "Sorry, booked solid. Try a walk-in clinic." So we have not seen Dr. Wong or his associate for anything other than check-ups for the past few years simply because we CANNOT get in. I called 4 months ago to book check-up appts. for my 3 kids and was told they were booking into October. Booked 3 back-to-back appts. in mid-October. So imagine my surprise this morning when Dr. Wong's receptionist called me to inform me that because my kids haven't been seen by Dr. Wong since Aug. 2009, I will need a new referral in order to keep the October appointments. We haven't been there in 2 years because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment for anything other than a check-up. I guess being patients of his for 12 1/2 years means nothing. So we're basically stuck finding a new doctor at a time when doctors are in short supply in Calgary. Nice!

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag

Said he would refer us to a specialist not heard nothing that was 18 months ago, it's a child we are talking about here doest seem to care at all

Submitted Aug. 29, 2011 | flag

Dr Wong and his other staff are fantastic. I am grateful that we have access to him here in Calgary. Patient, kind and caring. He treats my two children (daughter and son) with loving kindness and compassion each time we visit. Sometimes we have to wait a bit to see him but once you are in his office you know you have his complete attention. He never rushes us. He is an amazing physician.

Submitted July 31, 2011 | flag

A decline in service after 8 years with my girl and now boy. We have taken our son in three times for the same complaint and do not feel heard, just shuffled through. Everyone we meet asks if we've seen a doctor about him, and I have to say "yes, we've been 3 times, to pediatricians, but no real info". At least now they've suggested a hearing test, but no response on a date after almost 2 weeks. These are the specialists. Where do you go from here?

Submitted July 27, 2011 | flag

You are one lucky family if you have Dr. Wong as your Pediatrician. We feel so grateful he has been our Pediatrician for the past 12 years. His office is impeccable and the staff are wonderful!

Submitted April 12, 2011 | flag

Dr Wong was outstanding delivering some rather difficult news to our family. He was patient and spent a great deal of time with us and our child explaining the diagnosis and treatment plan.

Submitted March 30, 2011 | flag

I feel so lucky to have Dr. Wong as our pediatrician. He is the most knowledgable Dr. I have ever met. I am 100% confident in his opinion and diagnosis each and every time. Such a wonderful man.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2010 | flag

We love love love Dr Wong. He is never too quick to medicate, which I appreciate. He is extremely knowledgeable and always makes sure to explain things to us to ensure our understanding. O like they he gives us different options to help our kids instead of handing us a prescription and sending us out the door.

Submitted Nov. 15, 2009 | flag

We are SO grateful to have Dr. Wong as our son's pediatrician - he is really the best! From the very first visit he impressed me (and I'm hard to please, especially when it comes to my son's welfare). He is very knowledgeable, caring, thorough, and has a very gentle manner that my son responds well to. We were worried about him when he was sick - thankfully he seems to be doing well and we are happy to have him back!

Submitted Sept. 23, 2009 | flag