You may also like

Rate Dr. Byron Wong

Dr. Byron Wong's Ratings

Now I understand why this doctor has the title of "Best Pediatrician in Calgary!" Dr. Wong is extremely knowledgeable and provides his patients with superlative care!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2849856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

Dr. B, as he is known is our home delivered my now 23 year old son while a resident at the Foothill's. He has been there with our family through all the good and bad. Byron insisted we learn the medical lingo to better help our son through the maze of specialists he had a child. He was also the doctor to suggest using a day-timer to keep tract of appts and start a diary. (which I still have to this day). He is an exceptional man, very patient and understanding. He has always made himself available even when we have been traveling in other countries. I still usually have to make my son's appt's 6 months in advance, and am more than willing to wait. We do have a doctor at a walk in clinic just to deal with small things, and she is in contact with Byron and lets him know if she saw Mark and for what. We do this only because we live on the other side of Calgary. I will continue using Byron for as long as I am able to do so. He is a great doctor, and other doctors should lead by his example.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2846459].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Wong was my pediatrician from age 6 or 7 onwards. He set the bar very high, and really encouraged me and my parents to ask questions and be actively involved in understanding and choosing the treatment we were most comfortable with, no matter what I was brought in for (usually colds, ear/throat infections, and discussing that I was pretty overweight back then, haha!). He encouraged me to think critically and advocate for my own health, both physical and mental, and inspired me to pursue a different health-related career path. To this day, our conversations with Dr. Wong are the benchmark for how I evaluate and interact with various professionals in health care because of his patience, kindness, and genuine concern. Dr. Wong, if you're reading this, I just want to thank you for helping me become a responsible consumer of health-related information, and encouraging a strong and healthy doctor-patient relationship. When I have children of my own, you're the first doctor I'll think to ask for.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2815505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Dr. Wong has never rushed us in a visit. He listens intently and asks the right questions so you know you have been heard. He also explains everything very thoroughly and carefully. I feel he is very competent and caring.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2787018].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

My children have been patients of Dr. Wong for their entire childhood. We consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have been under his care. His compassion, knowledge, kindness and dedication to his profession are unsurpassed. Dr. Wong has gone above and beyond for us time and time again and during difficult times, he has been there for our family. Choosing Dr. Wong as our family pediatrician nearly 20 years ago was the best decision that we have ever made.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2735463].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2015

There aren't words to describe the sincerity and compassionate care I have received from Dr Wong and Dr Looverer

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2495090].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2014

Major decline in service over the past few years. I have tried to get my kids in to see Dr. Wong on numerous occasions only to be told, "Sorry, booked solid. Try a walk-in clinic." So we have not seen Dr. Wong or his associate for anything other than check-ups for the past few years simply because we CANNOT get in. I called 4 months ago to book check-up appts. for my 3 kids and was told they were booking into October. Booked 3 back-to-back appts. in mid-October. So imagine my surprise this morning when Dr. Wong's receptionist called me to inform me that because my kids haven't been seen by Dr. Wong since Aug. 2009, I will need a new referral in order to keep the October appointments. We haven't been there in 2 years because it's IMPOSSIBLE to get an appointment for anything other than a check-up. I guess being patients of his for 12 1/2 years means nothing. So we're basically stuck finding a new doctor at a time when doctors are in short supply in Calgary. Nice!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1272017].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 22, 2011

Said he would refer us to a specialist not heard nothing that was 18 months ago, it's a child we are talking about here doest seem to care at all

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1272016].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2011

Dr Wong and his other staff are fantastic. I am grateful that we have access to him here in Calgary. Patient, kind and caring. He treats my two children (daughter and son) with loving kindness and compassion each time we visit. Sometimes we have to wait a bit to see him but once you are in his office you know you have his complete attention. He never rushes us. He is an amazing physician.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1272015].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2011

A decline in service after 8 years with my girl and now boy. We have taken our son in three times for the same complaint and do not feel heard, just shuffled through. Everyone we meet asks if we've seen a doctor about him, and I have to say "yes, we've been 3 times, to pediatricians, but no real info". At least now they've suggested a hearing test, but no response on a date after almost 2 weeks. These are the specialists. Where do you go from here?

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1272014].votes_count ]]