Rate Dr. John P. Sloan

Dr. John P. Sloan's Ratings

This doctor is a good man, it is such a shame that he stopped practicing. He helped my dad who cannot walk and was stuck in bed for 4 years do to MS, he referred my dad to get IVIG injections and after 1 year of dr sloan coming to see him once a week, even when he was super busy just to see how my dad was doing, he made my dad walk again i am forever grateful to him. When he retired and his replacement came in, he immediately took my dad off of the medications he was on and refused the IVIG's and now my dad is stuck in bed again, i wish dr sloan would come back he took such good care of my dad, I am forever grateful to him for being making my dad walk again even if it was for a short period, i truly wish he would come back so my dad could walk again.

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

Excellent physician, knows the needs of older adults and is anything but a "textbook" doctor. He sees each patient as an individual with particular needs. This is a doctor who genuinely and sincerely cares about people. I think we should clone Sloan!

Submitted Feb. 6, 2013 | flag

Was very rude and not willing to listen when concerns were brought to his attention by another professional regarding one of his patients. Yelled and talked over me without hearing all the facts. Unwilling to work cohesively with other care staff.

Submitted Feb. 8, 2012 | flag

i asked dr sloan to look after my father after he had relocated from another location in the lower mainland. my father was suffering from dementia and was quite senior. i found dr sloan to be very rude, short with me, quick to anger and so, i got my father another doctor. it was a very short relationship but even at that, it was too long

Submitted Sept. 3, 2010 | flag

Well, Dr. Sloan has an extremely harsh personality with no care given to the patient or the family. He would be great if he didn't have to deal with patients and use a textbook instead. He says one thing to one family member and another to another family member...not exactly consistent.

Submitted Nov. 8, 2008 | flag

available at all times,knows his field of practice, can be a bit harsh at bedside or to worried family members

Submitted Nov. 5, 2007 | flag

Compassionate and reasonmable in looking after my parents. He was available at all hours and kept quality of life at the forefront of treatment.

Submitted Oct. 13, 2007 | flag

There couldn't be a more compassionate, caring, brilliant MD. Available ALL THE TIME. Made sure my elderly dad didn't have to go to the hospital, which he feared and hated the idea of, at the end of his life. Visited weekends and nights. Fantastic physician and wonderful human being!

Submitted March 20, 2007 | flag

We found that Dr. Sloan was not comfortable dealing with the family of a geriatric patient, which is essential if the patient cannot be their own advocate. He was not particularly proactive in dealing with the problems related to our elder, which ended up being dealt with in a hospital setting with no follow-up or show of concern on his part.

Submitted March 18, 2007 | flag