Rate Dr. Kay Lie

Dr. Kay Lie's Ratings

He's the best endo doc I've ever had. He's pretty amazing. When docs look at me funny because I know so much about endo I say it's because dr lie taught me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2572757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Does anyone know why Dr. Kay Lie is on a leave of absence?

Can anyone give me information about the process of getting funding approved for US surgery (as the poster 2 below this one accomplished)?

Does anyone have experience/stories from the Oregon clinic?

Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

I found him to be arrogant and very set in his own ways often cuts you off mid sentence. He believes that endometriosis can be cured by following a macrobiotic diet. If you are overweight, good luck! He told me that if I was serious about getting better I would lose the weight. I have gain about 40 lbs since being diagnosed with endometriosis 8 years ago despite following a healthy diet. I am happy to report that I had my 3rd surgery with some else 3 months ago. The weight is slowly coming off and I feel better than I have in years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

HORRIBLE doctor. He tried to belittle me when he discovered abuse history (which has nothing to do with endo), he discounted my physical pain and symptoms and instead told me to go see a psychiatrist. No joke. I had had therapy in past, and knew my body and symptoms very well with respect to aggressive endometriosis. He dismissed my extreme pain and symptoms, and when I tried to seek help for funds to go to US for surgery, he told the government that he did not recommend I get any financial aid in going to the states. He wanted to be known and seen as the gynaecological doc expert in Canada with respect to Endometriosis, but he failed miserably and fell well short of that title. It was bad enough that he discounted my physical symptoms and told me to see a shrink...so I held a fundraiser and eventually made my way to Oregon, to the Endometriois Clinic where endometriosis and large endo filled cysts were removed. RUN FAST AND FAR from Dr. Li. He is a fraud. Shame on him. Horrible doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

I was first diagnosed with endo in 1996. I was in the waiting room of another woman's clinic when I overheard 2 girls talking about him. I immediately asked my GP for a referral & never regret that I did.I had my first laser surgery back then when it was not that common. I had my second almost 10 years later. I learned why Dr. Lie is so passionate about treating endo holistically. His spouse, an Ob/gyn nurse of euro descent, suffered for years.He searched hi & low, researched the dis-ease. What he shares with his patients comes from his own personal journey with his spouse who now teaches Qigong & promotes to other sufferers healthy eating & lifestyle. I cannot relate to anyone who complains about bedside manner. Surgery under his care was always smooth & he was always caring.Consults:he is assertive,direct, straightforward & is serious with those who are serious about getting better. I have been pain free for 7 years but may have to see him again soon. I will not go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I had my surgery done for endo with Dr Lie. He is a very knowledgeable doctor. However, yes he can be rude; his bedside manner is not great. he is a good doctor, but needs to work on his bedside manner with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Lie is the most unempathetic, uncaring doctor I have ever met. I would highly reccomend you don't see him. Upon my one and only visit he requested that I pay him an hourly rate, which would be ok if I was well enough to work. He brought me to tears on my appointment and even wrote a bad report about me which included bad diet and exercise, and that I was a difficult patient, all things that my new gynecologist agreed were false statements. I signed up to Rate MDS to hopefully save you some time and hearteache.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273954].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 6, 2012

Dr. Lie is very knowledgeable and is a skilled surgeon. But, he has awful bedside manners and is prejudice. He reamed me out for most of my last appointment for smoking, despite me telling him that I had cut down significantly and had plans of quitting soon. It was almost a waste of an appointment because of him focusing on my smoking and not addressing any of my other concerns. When talking about my digestive problems, he accused me of not eating well and not chewing my food enough, despite previously talking about endo on my colon. While exposed and on the table, he again accused me of not eating well because I have acne (which is not true, I have scars from when I was a teenager). He threw me a new drug that was just released in canada and wouldn't talk to me about the side effects. He wouldn't even listen to my symptoms. To the comment about his receptionist, she's also his assistant and gets involved with his patients. I find her to be very knowledgeable and helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273953].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 1, 2012

Like many posters here, I too went through several dr's. I thankfully found a GP who listened to me (Dr. Tisher) and referred me to Dr. Lie. For years I suffered from debilitating cramps (when i was and sometimes when i wasn't menstruating) and it was gradually getting worst. I was a little skeptical about the qigong and macro cooking classes, a) bc of the price and b) it seemed a little hokey to me, but I'm so thankful that I did. Today is suppose to be the worst day of my period and I feel at least 80% better than I have in the last 3 years. And the most amazing part? It has only been A WEEK since I started my classes. Dr. Lie is an amazing and knowledgable doctor and I am beyond thankful that I found him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273952].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 14, 2012

Dr. Lie is an amazing doctor and person. He helped me through an eight year period of infertility and miscarriages, including five surgeries, before I had my son (who is turning 21 this month)! I thank God everyday for my son and for Dr. Lie. A million thank you's Dr. Lie :) Your patient, Cathy Vick.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273951].votes_count ]]