Rate Dr. Kay Lie

Dr. Kay Lie's Ratings

You dont need a macrobiotic diet to help with Endometriois. I was diagnosed when i was 23, i saw this Doctor who helped me with laser surgery, and it did help. I have discovered over the last 3 years how too fix my Endometriois, and i want to share with those who are commited to change. I use the following, along with exercise and i no longer have painful periods and they tend to be even lighter. Bcomplex, multivitamin, fish oil, vitamin D, and Magnesium Bisglycinate, most woman lack magnesium, especially if taking the birth control pill which sucks alot of minerals from your body. Try this for 6 months, and let me know what you experience. Doctors having been trying for years to solve this medical issue and to no avail.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2758514].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

I found Dr. Lie to be extremely arrogant, condescending and unsympathetic. I followed everything he said to do but still found him to be quite rude. I started crying once because yet another cycle had passed and I still was not pregnant. He showed no sympathy for my situation. He was also disrespectful to my husband on a number of occasions.

I suspect he was not fully truthful about why I was not getting pregnant. Early on, one of the ultrasound technologists hinted that I would have a hard time getting pregnant because of the positioning on my uterus. He, however, said nothing about this so I continued to trust him and follow his process assuming that he was conducting his practice in a professional manner. In the end, only IUI was successful in getting me pregnant. So I suspect the technologist who, was risking her job by saying something to me, was right. I suspect she was tired of seeing patient after patient of his being lied to about why they were having difficulty getting pregnant under his supervision. But that's just my opinion. I would not recommend him nor would I go back.

His receptionist also acts in a very suspicious manner. She lets all calls go to voicemail and when she listens to the voicemails all of the patients in the waiting room can hear the messages with all the patients personal details.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2677221].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 9, 2015

I first met this doctor in 2001 on a referal for severe endometriois. He put me on a diet and I follow what he said to do and I lost weight but still was not able to get pregnant. Feb 14, 2002 he preformed surgery and removed the lesions. Unforunately the lesions were reappearing again and I had been scheduled for a second surgery Mar 2003. Feb 18, 2003 I year after the surgery I discovered I was expecting and my surgery was obviously cancel'd. I followed his recommendations and breastfed. I was able to convieve three more times (one miscarraige that has nothing to do endo). I no longer suffer from endo or never had any further difficulties convieving. His confidence, knowledge and passion are his greatest strengths.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2598466].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

He's the best endo doc I've ever had. He's pretty amazing. When docs look at me funny because I know so much about endo I say it's because dr lie taught me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2572757].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Does anyone know why Dr. Kay Lie is on a leave of absence?

Can anyone give me information about the process of getting funding approved for US surgery (as the poster 2 below this one accomplished)?

Does anyone have experience/stories from the Oregon clinic?

Thanks!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 4, 2014

I found him to be arrogant and very set in his own ways often cuts you off mid sentence. He believes that endometriosis can be cured by following a macrobiotic diet. If you are overweight, good luck! He told me that if I was serious about getting better I would lose the weight. I have gain about 40 lbs since being diagnosed with endometriosis 8 years ago despite following a healthy diet. I am happy to report that I had my 3rd surgery with some else 3 months ago. The weight is slowly coming off and I feel better than I have in years!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557274].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

HORRIBLE doctor. He tried to belittle me when he discovered abuse history (which has nothing to do with endo), he discounted my physical pain and symptoms and instead told me to go see a psychiatrist. No joke. I had had therapy in past, and knew my body and symptoms very well with respect to aggressive endometriosis. He dismissed my extreme pain and symptoms, and when I tried to seek help for funds to go to US for surgery, he told the government that he did not recommend I get any financial aid in going to the states. He wanted to be known and seen as the gynaecological doc expert in Canada with respect to Endometriosis, but he failed miserably and fell well short of that title. It was bad enough that he discounted my physical symptoms and told me to see a shrink...so I held a fundraiser and eventually made my way to Oregon, to the Endometriois Clinic where endometriosis and large endo filled cysts were removed. RUN FAST AND FAR from Dr. Li. He is a fraud. Shame on him. Horrible doc.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1273957].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 25, 2014

I was first diagnosed with endo in 1996. I was in the waiting room of another woman's clinic when I overheard 2 girls talking about him. I immediately asked my GP for a referral & never regret that I did.I had my first laser surgery back then when it was not that common. I had my second almost 10 years later. I learned why Dr. Lie is so passionate about treating endo holistically. His spouse, an Ob/gyn nurse of euro descent, suffered for years.He searched hi & low, researched the dis-ease. What he shares with his patients comes from his own personal journey with his spouse who now teaches Qigong & promotes to other sufferers healthy eating & lifestyle. I cannot relate to anyone who complains about bedside manner. Surgery under his care was always smooth & he was always caring.Consults:he is assertive,direct, straightforward & is serious with those who are serious about getting better. I have been pain free for 7 years but may have to see him again soon. I will not go to anyone else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273956].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I had my surgery done for endo with Dr Lie. He is a very knowledgeable doctor. However, yes he can be rude; his bedside manner is not great. he is a good doctor, but needs to work on his bedside manner with patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273955].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2013

Dr. Lie is the most unempathetic, uncaring doctor I have ever met. I would highly reccomend you don't see him. Upon my one and only visit he requested that I pay him an hourly rate, which would be ok if I was well enough to work. He brought me to tears on my appointment and even wrote a bad report about me which included bad diet and exercise, and that I was a difficult patient, all things that my new gynecologist agreed were false statements. I signed up to Rate MDS to hopefully save you some time and hearteache.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1273954].votes_count ]]