Rate Dr. Philip Wade

Dr. Philip Wade's Ratings

I've seen him a few times and the wait times are terrible and he leaves the door open so everyone can hear. He also didn't change the paper on the exam table from the last patient. He seems a bit off hand, and as if he's just putting in time until he retires. Asked if I was under stress for physical problems like dizziness, which is insulting. He has a tendency to send you for lots of tests that are months away which is a big problem if you are suffering from dizziness. He also has the rudest receptionist you could imagine, she's rude in person and over the phone, I actually had to tell her to stop it or I would go to another doctor. She needs to be fired.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446750].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Extremely rude receptionist! Didn't even want to see this doctor after the way I was treated. After looking at the reviews I can see that I'm not the only one they have been rude to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Wade's for more than 35 yrs. He is extremely knowledgeable, honest and skillfull ENT and surgeon. Yes, one might have to wait past their scheduled appt but Dr. Wade is worth the wait. I would never consider any other ENT Specialist!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2012

Had a 3 45 appointment. By 4 30 I saw that there were still 2 people ahead of me. I had a 5 00 commitment, so had to leave. I suggested to the receptionist that they call "clients" when they know there is going to be a hour delay. She said "not our policy". Yeah, I figured that. I won't be back but he doesn't care. He is overbooked anyways.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 3, 2012

Dr.Wade performed my tonsillectomy back in 2007 and is very good at what he does. His staff could use a bit of improvement but thankfully my dealings with them were limited. He is an excellent surgeon and glad that my family doctor referred me to him for this procedure.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2012

Dr. Wade has years of experience and well worth the wait to see him. He is kind and considerate and does not rush you out of the office. Office staff are pleasant and cordial despite being very busy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 9, 2011

My experience with Dr. Wade was very disappointing. Beyond the basic hearing tests and looking into my ears with an otoscope, he had no interest whatsoever in exploring what might have caused my tinnitus, or ruling out any possible underlying condition it might be a symptom of. He told me to stop harping about it and learn to live with it. I wasn't "harping" as he put it, I was merely asking questions, and telling me to stop harping was his way of dismissing them. Although he told me I have to live with it, he didn't offer any advice on how to do so. I had to go home and do my own research and then request tests through my family doctor to rule out some of the many medical conditions that can cause Tinnitus when there has been no trauma to the inner ear. It makes me wonder how many people are out there suffering with Tinnitus that is actually treatable if diagnosed properly. Find a doctor that will make an effort to conduct the proper testing and actually has some interest in Tinnitus, unlike Dr. Wade.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

he is very professional, caring. He explained every step of the way of my surgery

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 31, 2011

Was very kind, considerate even though very busy. Excellent Dr., my son was comfortable with him and made him feel at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

I have been going to Dr Wade now for a number of years. I forst went after years and years of chronic debilitating ear infections... others kept putting me on more and moe anitbiotics which didn't work. Dr Wade set up a preventative regime for me, squeezed me in when needed, and so far so good... He is considerate, listens to my concerns, is thorough and well I think he's pretty good frankly. I see lot of specialists for other treatments such as my cancer and I wish I had more like him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1274622].votes_count ]]