Dr. Peter L. Naruns

Grad. Year: 1981

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Peter L. Naruns has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Surgeon (general)-related: microsurgery, general surgery, trauma surgery, transplant surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Peter" to "Peter L."
RID: 2615165
12/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Naruns is kind, professional, and thorough. He is protective of his patients when dealing with other doctors. I felt he always had my best interests in mind when I was hospitalized and put under his care. He spent a good amount of time with me and my spouse, explaining everything in a detailed manner. He is calm, relaxed, and friendly. I appreciated his conservative nature about operating only if absolutely necessary. He genuinely cares about his patients, their comfort, and well-being. I would highly recommend him to my friends and family.
RID: 2261741
16/06/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Naruns is super. I had two surgeries with him. The moment I met him, I felt I am in good hands. I highly recommend Dr. Naruns for his skills and his attentiveness.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1447176
22/05/11 5 5 5 5 This surgeon Dr. was prefer by my Endocrinology. He is straight forward. Surgery was successfully. No pain after the surgery. I highly recommend him. No side affects.
RID: 954402
04/08/09 5 5 5 5 He should be on the news for being one of the best knowledgeable doctors out there so every woman with breast problems goes to him. I am glad I found him because the doctor I had before him she just wanted to keep operating on me year after year.
RID: 942875
21/07/09 5 5 5 5 I just don't know why Dr Naruns gets criticized for his bedside manner. He is a great doctor and was extremely kind throughout the process of my surgery for breast cancer. On our first visit with him, he was with me and my family for over an hour and I never felt that he was in a hurry to finish. He answered questions, was honest and compassionate. He an excellent surgeon.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 858074
10/04/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Naruns gave me wonderful care and took his time to explain specifics and made me feel at ease.  Respond
RID: 854436
06/04/09 3 4 5 5 Dr. naruns had saved my life. The most important thing about a physician is skilled and honest. Dr. naruns is very knowledgeable and honest to me while I was treated. Please respect a good physician. We need good doctors to save life.
RID: 843679
26/03/09 5 4 2 4 His staff is exceptionally caring and helpful but Dr. Naruns himself needs to attend Beside Manner 101. He definitely has the "God Complex". He is a skilled surgeon but he could be more compassionate.  Respond
RID: 763707
14/01/09 5 2 2 4 After my surgery Dr. Naruns seemed to be upset with me telling me that I made it dificult for him to operate as I kept moving around while under gas. I'm happy with the surgery he performed, he did a great job, but his bedside manner is the worst I have seen from a doctor!
Insurance: Workers Comp
RID: 466739
17/12/07 5 5 5 5 I just had an emergency appendectomy while on a business trip in California. This was my first surgery so I was very nervous. Dr. Naruns was very reassuring, professional and kind.
RID: 365947
13/07/07 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Naruns on a regular basis for over 10 years. He has ALWAYS been very respectful of my time and feelings. One time he did an in-office needle biopsy. I was very worried and he was going on vacation two days later. Needless to say, the thought of waiting until he returned from vacation was stressful. He physically walked the specimen to the hospital and got the results and called me prior to his vacation. He's the best and I wouldn't hesitate to refer my family and friends to him.  Respond
RID: 335409
02/06/07 1 1 1 Very difficult person to deal with personally- does not work as a part of the team.  Respond
RID: 308724
04/05/07 4 5 5 Dr. Neruns is the most caring doctor I have ever had. I recently was prognosed with thyroid cancer and had to go through two surgeries in one week. After the second surgery I had some complications and Dr. Neruns came to the hospital in the middle of the night and stayed for a long while to make sure I was ok. I was placed in a room with other patients and he made sure I got my own room to be able to rest. Very thoughtful and caring.
RID: 210656
18/03/07 5 5 5 he has great bedside manner. Not just a "cut and go" kind of guy. Answers all of your questions. I NEVER have felt rushed in his office. Very personable and caring. Also conservative in that he won't take chances with your health. He did a lap choly on me and for my husband also a lap choley and lap appy.