Dr. Michael Gaudet

5 1 4.5

You may also like

Rate Dr. Michael Gaudet

Dr. Michael Gaudet's Ratings

I write from the perspective of both a patient and a physician ( one of many doctors in Dr. Gaudet's practice), who has also had the pleasure of hearing him lecture at a couple of Continuing Education events. He is a highly regarded teacher and lecturer on psychiatric treatment.
His assessment of my condition was thorough and comprehensive, as was his discussion of treatment options. His knowledge is up to date and evidence based ( and he is very familiar with research on treatment risks that has been revised over time).
I really appreciated his approach of nicely integrating both medication and non-drug approaches; it would be accurate to describe his treatment as holistic.
He is kind and caring, has a genuine warmth, but truly expects you to work on your recovery. He has a terrific capacity to speak frankly and at the same time convey respect, all the while pushing you gently to progress.
I am extremely grateful for his help, guidance, and expert treatment.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2777406].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

i gave him 5 star rating because the system would not accept anything but 5s at that time; in other words the system was rigged at the time to accept 5s only; it should have been clear from my comments that ratings were irrelevant

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2754788].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

I saw Dr. Gaudet over two years ago. He prescribed a medication for my condition that made me feel generally unwell. I realize that this can happen to any person - that a medication may not agree with them. I finally, after persisting in taking it for some time (hoping that the positives would eventually outweigh the negatives), went back to my family doctor who switched me to something else that I have tolerated much better.
I just attended a Christmas party and ran into one of the top specialists in psychiatric medications in the region (whom I had met previously on other social occasions). During the course of our chat, I learned that the medication Dr. Gaudet prescribed for me is not considered a ‘first choice’ medication for the treatment of my condition. This upset me given that I felt unwell needlessly for quite a period of time.
While I don’t feel anywhere near as strongly as the person who posted comments in October, 2012 (and why they gave him a five star rating is beyond me given that they felt his licence should be revoked?), I don’t feel he rates five stars. He seems like a nice person but I feel he should have known better than to prescribe what he did for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658666].votes_count ]]

Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

He is up to date on modern Phych, and will approach your problems systematically to provide you with the best ways to treat you. Some words to describe him are: Calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, willing to be tough on you if it helps solves root issues. 10 on 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Beyond measure, I am greatly appreciative of the wisdom and smarts that Dr. Gaudet has shared with me as his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Gaudet failed to inform me that the medication he prescribed siginificantly elevates the risk of breast cancer (a fact that had been known 7 years prior). That's gross negligence causing bodily harm. And lack of informed consent. His license should be revoked. It would have been in any civilized country.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1276873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

Caring, kind, knowledgeable, perceptive, easy to talk to. I trust him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

A very clever man with a passion for helping people.Very educated, but easy to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Dr. Gaudet is a very caring, compassionate and highly competent psychiatrist. I have seen him for over 10 years now and he has saved my life on a number of occasions. There are no words to express my deep gratitude to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. Gaudet is an example of someone who should be doing exactly what he is doing in life - he is amazing at what he does. He is caring and smart and for the past 10 years I have learned so much from him. Can't say enough about him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276867].votes_count ]]