Dr. Michael Gaudet

Rate Dr. Michael Gaudet

Dr. Michael Gaudet's Ratings

I saw Dr. Gaudet over two years ago. He prescribed a medication for my condition that made me feel generally unwell. I realize that this can happen to any person - that a medication may not agree with them. I finally, after persisting in taking it for some time (hoping that the positives would eventually outweigh the negatives), went back to my family doctor who switched me to something else that I have tolerated much better.
I just attended a Christmas party and ran into one of the top specialists in psychiatric medications in the region (whom I had met previously on other social occasions). During the course of our chat, I learned that the medication Dr. Gaudet prescribed for me is not considered a ‘first choice’ medication for the treatment of my condition. This upset me given that I felt unwell needlessly for quite a period of time.
While I don’t feel anywhere near as strongly as the person who posted comments in October, 2012 (and why they gave him a five star rating is beyond me given that they felt his licence should be revoked?), I don’t feel he rates five stars. He seems like a nice person but I feel he should have known better than to prescribe what he did for me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2658666].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 19, 2014

He is up to date on modern Phych, and will approach your problems systematically to provide you with the best ways to treat you. Some words to describe him are: Calm, intense listener, systematic, caring, willing to be tough on you if it helps solves root issues. 10 on 10.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276872].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2013

Beyond measure, I am greatly appreciative of the wisdom and smarts that Dr. Gaudet has shared with me as his patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276871].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Gaudet failed to inform me that the medication he prescribed siginificantly elevates the risk of breast cancer (a fact that had been known 7 years prior). That's gross negligence causing bodily harm. And lack of informed consent. His license should be revoked. It would have been in any civilized country.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1276873].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2012

Caring, kind, knowledgeable, perceptive, easy to talk to. I trust him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276870].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2012

A very clever man with a passion for helping people.Very educated, but easy to talk to.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276869].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Dr. Gaudet is a very caring, compassionate and highly competent psychiatrist. I have seen him for over 10 years now and he has saved my life on a number of occasions. There are no words to express my deep gratitude to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2012

Dr. Gaudet is an example of someone who should be doing exactly what he is doing in life - he is amazing at what he does. He is caring and smart and for the past 10 years I have learned so much from him. Can't say enough about him!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 8, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Gaudet's several years ago and still remember him as a compassionate, caring Doctor. It was a difficult time for me and I always looked forward to my appointments with Dr. Gaudet which proved to be very helpful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 21, 2010

Dr Gaudet is a warm and caring physician. He is very willing and able to take the time to answer one's questions.He is also not one to jump immediately to drugs, but rather will take the time to truly explore what the issues causing the symptoms might be so that these can be worked on too. He will tell you what he really thinks, but always in a respectful and constructive way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276865].votes_count ]]