You may also like

Rate Dr. A.L. Gusenbauer

Dr. A.L. Gusenbauer's Ratings

I went to Dr Gusenbauer with an abcessed tooth. I was worried after reading reviews on here but went anyway. The comments on here do not do any of the staff justice. I never met any of the staff who were rude. Dr. Gusenbauer was great. He was very to the point but very caring. He and his staff made me feel very comfortable and my anxiety level was soon eased. I ended up going back to have my tooth pulled. Again I was made to feel comfortable. I would definatley go back as this was the best Dentist I have been too.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I do not understand the negative comments. Dr. Gusenbauer did an extraction for my wife a few weeks ago and it could not have gone any better. He is a highly skilled surgeon and so is the staff around him. He is business-like, explains things fully and we had complete confidence in him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2806776].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

This doctor is incredibly rude and condescending. He acts as though your questions regarding your own procedures and not valid, and is incredibly dismissive. He does not apply caring techniques such as listening or empathy.
He never makes eye contact and always talks with his back turned.

All together, he is extremely rude, and I left feeling unsettled and angry.

His staff is unlikeable, specifically his receptionist. She is condescending and extremely rude. She rolled her eyes to my son multiple times and is overall very unhelpful.

I am very disappointed and upset with the awful treatment from the entire office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2795572].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

I went to have my wisdom teeth out a couple of days ago, and I can't believe how quickly my mouth is healing! Dr. Gusenbauer did an amazing job, and I am also amazed at the lack of pain! I haven't taken any of the prescribed Tylenol 3s, and any aching is quickly removed with an Advil. I was extremely nervous going in for the procedure (I hated the idea of being sedated), but the staff were so nice and understanding! The team at Dr. Gusenbauer's office is fantastic, and I would highly recommend this doctor for wisdom teeth removal!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2730641].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2015

I was sent to see Mr. Gusenbauer to learn about my mouth and get his opinion as to why I should have the procedure recommended by my dentist. I also wanted to learn about and discuss any other options if they existed. Unfortunately his only interest was scheduling the procedure, one which I had not agreed to yet.

I felt as though he stereo-typed me as having low intelligence and that my concern and my questions about my health were not valid. I wonder if this man suffers from narcissism. I was afraid to be unconscious in a room with him, and decided not to let it happen.

His staff were shocked when I emerged from his office and refused the preparatory medication they offered to me. I felt that the meeting served no purpose as I received no useful information about my dental issue and I would not be seeing him again. It is too bad I had to pay to meet with him. It was apparently offensive to everyone working in the office that I made the decision not to return. The office workers then treated me as though I had done something inappropriate. I do not know if this man is knowledgeable, but one would think that respecting potential patients would be something a knowledgeable person would do. He scared me off with his tone, attitude and disrespectful treatment.

This was an all around bad experience.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2618203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

This guy is all about the money. 30 minutes to pull 4 wisdom teeth, 1600$...seriously. He's a freakin' dentist not a brain surgeon. Like others here we had problems afterward and was treated rudely by all in the office. Had to get family M.D. to call him. It's a joke, go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Doctor seemed to be "rushing" when I went for a follow up after my wisdom teeth removal, didn't get to ask any questions. He just spoke quickly and rushed off, even though I had an important question I wanted to ask.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2542259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

This office is very well run and accommodating. Dr. Gusenbauer is very knowledgeable, skilled and kind. All 3 of my children have had wisdom teeth out here. Perfect.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2446808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

5 or 6 years ago my son was scheduled for 4 wisdom teeth removal. He went in the Dr. Gusenbauer office and in 20 min he got back! I was shocked. Dr.G-r pulled out 4 teeth and put stitches in 20 min ( and charged more than $2000 for 20 min appointment). That could be funny but my son had some serious troubles aftermath. He got tic in his right jaw. Since then he chews time to time using right part of his mouse and it is untreatable. It is bothering him a lot. Dr Gussenbauer nor our dentist have no clue how to solve this problem . I think that Dr. G-r is money minded doctor. He was not rude but always looks very indifferent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I got my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago, the experience was great, the doctor was very helpful and good at what he does. My problem is with his desk ladies... They were absolutely RUDE. I sent the insurance papers away and haven't received them back yet, so I called dr gusenbauers office to let them know what was going on and all I got was "it's not my problem".... Excuse me? I did not call to tell you it was "your problem." A simple okay, or Tell me what i can do... not "its not my Problem"! I'm sorry if you hate your job. Don't take it out on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276965].votes_count ]]