Rate Dr. A.L. Gusenbauer

Dr. A.L. Gusenbauer's Ratings

I was sent to see Mr. Gusenbauer to learn about my mouth and get his opinion as to why I should have the procedure recommended by my dentist. I also wanted to learn about and discuss any other options if they existed. Unfortunately his only interest was scheduling the procedure, one which I had not agreed to yet.

I felt as though he stereo-typed me as having low intelligence and that my concern and my questions about my health were not valid. I wonder if this man suffers from narcissism. I was afraid to be unconscious in a room with him, and decided not to let it happen.

His staff were shocked when I emerged from his office and refused the preparatory medication they offered to me. I felt that the meeting served no purpose as I received no useful information about my dental issue and I would not be seeing him again. It is too bad I had to pay to meet with him. It was apparently offensive to everyone working in the office that I made the decision not to return. The office workers then treated me as though I had done something inappropriate. I do not know if this man is knowledgeable, but one would think that respecting potential patients would be something a knowledgeable person would do. He scared me off with his tone, attitude and disrespectful treatment.

This was an all around bad experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2618203].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 13, 2014

This guy is all about the money. 30 minutes to pull 4 wisdom teeth, 1600$...seriously. He's a freakin' dentist not a brain surgeon. Like others here we had problems afterward and was treated rudely by all in the office. Had to get family M.D. to call him. It's a joke, go elsewhere.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2576806].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

Doctor seemed to be "rushing" when I went for a follow up after my wisdom teeth removal, didn't get to ask any questions. He just spoke quickly and rushed off, even though I had an important question I wanted to ask.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2542259].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

This office is very well run and accommodating. Dr. Gusenbauer is very knowledgeable, skilled and kind. All 3 of my children have had wisdom teeth out here. Perfect.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2446808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

5 or 6 years ago my son was scheduled for 4 wisdom teeth removal. He went in the Dr. Gusenbauer office and in 20 min he got back! I was shocked. Dr.G-r pulled out 4 teeth and put stitches in 20 min ( and charged more than $2000 for 20 min appointment). That could be funny but my son had some serious troubles aftermath. He got tic in his right jaw. Since then he chews time to time using right part of his mouse and it is untreatable. It is bothering him a lot. Dr Gussenbauer nor our dentist have no clue how to solve this problem . I think that Dr. G-r is money minded doctor. He was not rude but always looks very indifferent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276966].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013

I got my wisdom teeth out a few weeks ago, the experience was great, the doctor was very helpful and good at what he does. My problem is with his desk ladies... They were absolutely RUDE. I sent the insurance papers away and haven't received them back yet, so I called dr gusenbauers office to let them know what was going on and all I got was "it's not my problem".... Excuse me? I did not call to tell you it was "your problem." A simple okay, or Tell me what i can do... not "its not my Problem"! I'm sorry if you hate your job. Don't take it out on me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276965].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 4, 2013

Awesome!!! Informative, friendly and personable. Thanks for making it a positive experience for our daughter and us. I would highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2012

Had excessive pain in lower jaw and doctor recommended removal of tooth. I have a big phobia of needles and he was so gentle with the needles I did not even feel him freezing my jaw. He removed the tooth without incident and my pain disappeared and I felt great. I then had to have all my uppers removed and a couple more lowers in hospital due to sleep apnea and woke up in recovery with absolutely no pain, even after the freezing wore off on Wednesday. Now it is Friday and a bit of discomfort but due to eating and drinking that aggravated a bit. I found him to be very professional and a very exceptional oral surgeon. He was very nice to call my family and put them at ease that everything went well as I had been very sick in the past. To date, my sugar levels are already lower and my legs have not been swollen for 5 days. Amazing what infected teeth will do to a body. I highly recommend Dr. Gusenbauer. He is a thoroughly competent oral surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276963].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 28, 2012

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276968].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2012

Most efficient doctor's office I have ever been to - they had a routine which worked very well. Staff was wonderful and patient. Lots of oral and written instructions. My son had four wisdom teeth removed. Doctor was busy but very knowledgable and did not make us feel rushed. They made the experience as comfortable as possible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1276962].votes_count ]]