Rate Dr. Lorne Warneke

Dr. Lorne Warneke's Ratings

Not to repeat on everything previously posted, but Dr. Warneke is the most amazing mental doctor I've ever seen. I have had the worst experiences with psychiatrists, and generally anyone I can talk to says that any psychiatrist they've been to is dismissive, cold, and too objective. But Dr. Warneke and his staff are an amazing group of mental health professionals. I am an FTM transsexual and although it took me a year and a half to get my first appointment (I was 17), I started the medical process of transitioning within 3 months of seeing Dr. Warneke.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2563350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 3, 2014

I'm a Male To Female Trans, I had my Appointment with Dr. Warneke September of 2014, They are all really Amazing People, Initially My expectations were low before i got there but later found out that they really Understood me and were flexible with me on how i wanted to do my Transition from male to female. Anyway's they got me started on my Journey and for that I am thankful they really did their part to help me and they should get recognized for how they Handle G.I.D. They will stop at nothing Until you have Obtained your goal. They clearly Amazing Doctors his team and his self. 5 star!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2545046].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2014

I met with Dr. Warneke and his right-hand nurse, Simone, again on July 24 2014. They spent more time with my wife and myself than I would ever have imagined. Their patience and understanding are beyond price to me. I said in my previous comment that they are wanderful people. I meant, of course, that they are wonderful, and I will say it again: as far as I am concerned, they are wonderful people. I love them all at the G.I.D. Clinic.
Mitzi-Lynne Morgan.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467792].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2014

As a M to F transgender, I was referred to Dr. Warneke, told it would be 2014 but I got an appointment in December 2013. I was a bit late (waiting for a bus) but it was O.K. I saw Dr. Joe Raiche, Dr Warneke's associate, for two hours, then spent over 30 minutes with Dr. Warneke. I had high hopes but low expectations, but I need not have worried. They were wonderful! Even my hopes were exceeded and I have been walking on air ever since. When I refer to Dr. Warneke, Dr. Raiche is in there also. They have officially started me on my journey and I know so much more about where I am going. It was a great experience. There are naysayers everywhere,probably Mother Teresa had some, too, and maybe they have reason, but December 9 2013 was a new start for me, and no-one can take that away, no matter what else happens. They are wanderful people. Written by Mitzi-Lynne Morgan, in gratitude. Thank you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277299].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2013

Dr. Warneke helped my boyfriend who moved from Alberta through email. He had been treating him for years, and even helped him to get on the correct medication by emailing his opinion, saving his life. Excellent, caring individual.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277315].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2013

He had me on all these different drugs in the 1980s-90s. and all these years later my kidneys are failing. I have diabetes and and still mental issues. And I am a total mess now. Thanks for nothing Warneke. And it is true you are lucky to see him twice a year unless you are in that hospital domain of his.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277316].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2013

Seen years ago at Grey Nun's. Very dismissive with unprofessional demeanor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277314].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

I am a parent of one of Dr. Warneke's patients. Dr. Warneke is a very kind man, certainly knowledgeable but I have come to wonder if he is cashing in on my son's life as he has made many referrals for no apparent reason. He is often late for appointments, our surname is a first name that could be used for a man. Dr. Warneke rarely gets my son's name correctly, most often calls him by his surname instead of his first name. He is hard to get into, for the depth and seriousness of my son's mental health, 2 appointments in a calendar year is insufficient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277313].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

Dr. Warneke is the kindest, most professional and knowledgeable doctor I have ever had the pleasure to come in contact with. He treated my child and,thanks to the good doctor,she is now leading a full, wonderful life. Thank you Dr. Warneke - you saved her life. God Bless you.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277312].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

This clinic changed my life for the better and validated how I felt. I can now move forward knowing that I can be proud of myself. The staff are wonderful and make me special. They are gems. Dr. Warneke took the place of my father when he told me that what I felt was right. My father beat me and took my identity from me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1277311].votes_count ]]